Dessie as coach.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Exactly Pete, you felt the need to extract one line out of someone else's post. When I made a blanket statement that I agreed with his post. pfft.

Try again :)

That is is the entire post from DSM5, no edits no leaving out of lines.

Your reponse was "I agree?". I just do not any other way to understand the words "I agree". They are not difficult words to understand & I would think the majority of people that have a basic undersatnding of the English Language would understand what you meant. But of course if you didn't really mean "I agree" but actually meant it to mean something else I am happy to enroll in the Byso School of Understanding the Obvious when it actually means something else"

After 25 rounds if you cannot form an opinion as to wether Hasler has been a success or not as a coach shows that you are not at all sincere with your words that I am happy with Haslers performances, you still have to wait for the result of one more game. By all means have your opinion but to be still sitting on the fence after 25 rounds is like picking the winner of the Melbourne Cup the day after it is run.

:)

I agree with DSM5 view.

I think he was shocking in 2005.

But this year things are much better, especially in regards to the off field stuff like contract negotiations etc. The next few will give me a better indication though with how they perform under pressure..

Pete's merry go round still goes on!

Dessies going well, next week will be a real test. Hopefully The Ox and BK play.

No record loss this year and top 3 so I'd certainly say he's achieved.

For Pete the Carousel driver.

Dessie rocks my socks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in the club is a champ :D

Not a bad word to say about anyone... we are 3rd on the ladder with 1 game to go.... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY

P.S - All those that say BK does ALL the talking at halftime.... How the fark would you know??? I'm not arguing either way because i don't know who does the talking.. but i want to know how you know BK does the majority of talking at halftime

Three ways

1 - The dressing room camera

2 - The players including BK have said it

3 - Dessie said it a few times, most memorable was after the Penrith game.

Dessie obviously says a few key tactical things but the end result is that BK fires them up and does the one thing I don't think Dessie is capable of......Distills passion in the players. I just dont think Dessie has the ability to fire players up like that. He is obviously a great fitness man and a great League tactician but in the end it is the fire in the belly that has gotten us across the line in a few games this year

And your response to
"The next few will give me a better indication though with how they perform under pressure."

Your "positive" comments was in relation to off-field issues. The negative is that you are still waiting for us to finish 3rd before you are prepared to, very begrudgingly, give the man credit where it is due.

These are your exact words Byso, they are not made up or edited. I have no problem with you disliking Hasler, just be honest about it and stop hiding behind the result of one game before you form an opinion. Please after 6 months of football if you have not made up your mind yet you really don't know, or you are to weak to acknowledge Hasler turned out to be a better coach than you had thought he was.

Pete 1 vs Byso 0

You would say that, he's using you're techniques.

The only thing he's got is the fact I agreed with someone else's post without taking note that I typed numerous times that Dessie is going well.

Anyhow Mata now that you've decided to read this thread, what do you think of Dessie as a coach now.

Garts etc, etc. We ran polls at the end of last season and beginning of this. Results were that the majority of supporters weren't happy with Dessie.

I'm happy for Dessie to coach next year.

For Pete the Carousel driver, try reading my posts champ. Before shooting off from your High horse!

Byso do you want my help. I have no problems with getting in a debate with Pete and Matas. matas technique is different to that you have described, he uses Purposeful Diversion whereas pete gets stuck on the wrong point. Think like they do mate, go in thinking you are write, even if you know you are wrong, then you can always pull facts out of where you need to or take one liners.

The bottom line is this. You have taken a defensive stanse, now, simply because you were being attacked. Switch your thinking and go on the offensive and you should be able to win this one.....

*waits*

But thats the whole point Byso, you say one thing, ie you agree with a post that is essentially negative towards Des, then in other posts you change your opinion and give half hearted support towards Hasler. It seems that you want to retain the negative position so that you can rehash your innovative Dazzler references but on the other hand when you get pushed you come out with Des is going OK comments, which by the way sound none to convincing.

So whilst this merry go round goes around and around only you can stop it by making your position clear & concise. But for you to do so will mean retracting some of your comments, because I have no idea wether you think Hasler is good or bad .

i would stick with it if I were you but take this advice with you if you do

1 - Dont take it too seriously
2 - Go on the offensive, pick apart his stand point and posts rather than defending yours and the things he has picked out about yours. That will force him into a defensive stance, and as such will lead to his ultimate demise in the debate.

debating 201!

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
Dessie rocks my socks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in the club is a champ :D

Not a bad word to say about anyone... we are 3rd on the ladder with 1 game to go.... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY

P.S - All those that say BK does ALL the talking at halftime.... How the fark would you know??? I'm not arguing either way because i don't know who does the talking.. but i want to know how you know BK does the majority of talking at halftime

Three ways

1 - The dressing room camera

2 - The players including BK have said it

3 - Dessie said it a few times, most memorable was after the Penrith game.

Dessie obviously says a few key tactical things but the end result is that BK fires them up and does the one thing I don't think Dessie is capable of......Distills passion in the players. I just dont think Dessie has the ability to fire players up like that. He is obviously a great fitness man and a great League tactician but in the end it is the fire in the belly that has gotten us across the line in a few games this year

[/quote]

Fair Enough, Daniel san :)

You see Corso has failed to see that some of my comments where tongue in cheek and I do feel that Dessie has done a good job so far in 2006.

But I will stand by my comments that Dessie was ordinary in 2005.

yeah but byso that wont win you the argument

Take a quote from one of his posts pick it apart and turn it back on him without making reference to your post. If you give him no reference to your post, he has only one choice if he is to answer it correctly

1 - defend his post, which will keep you on the track of arguing his posts and not yours ;)

see how it works..... I cant believe I am giving away these "secrets" blame sally!

I Disagree :D

close but you failed to state what you disagree with. Clearly you have not thought through your topic enough. without reference, I can pick and choose what you disagree with.

Not sure why you are disagreeing with Pete though ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8