Dessie as coach.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
therefore regardless of the result on Saturday night (excepting a record loss) you would agree that during Des' tenure as head coach of Manly he has expeditionaly improved our club?

Given that you agree we have improved, as you & most others expected does this mean you are happy with Hasler as our coach?

Byso do you agree you were a little quick to judge Des then?

Some people were saying he needed 3 years with some good cattle while others wanted him sacked straight away. I still cant believe people wanted him sacked after his first 2 years, especially when the team was generally showing signs of improvement all over.

Corso I also still have doubts about Des. He has a very good roster but on many occasions this year, when they have gone in at half time, des has saif little and BK has done a lot of the talking!

That says to me that BK is one of the biggest factors over the last two years of our success which has only happened over the last two years.

I wish we had made a play for Elliot. But whether due to ciecumstance, player roster or good coaching. It is hard to argue against Des doing a good job

BK is a massive factor, no doubt. We will struggle next season without him.

However most of our players seemed to have improved and are playing great footy, I cant put that all down to BK.

Garts etc, etc. We ran polls at the end of last season and beginning of this. Results were that the majority of supporters weren't happy with Dessie.

I'm happy for Dessie to coach next year.

I struggle to undertsand why we cannot just stand and applaud what Hasler and his assistants (including the much maligned Roach) have done for this club in the past 2-3 years.

Our NRL team regardless of the result on Saturday will finish better than last year & in all likleyhood will reach week 2 of the semi final series. From that point on all teams are equal in m view and we therefore have a good chance of making the Grand Final.

Both our PL & Jersey Flegg teams are in the semi final series which shows that we do have depth within the club. 3 years ago our JF team hardly won a game, this year particulary since the better of the SG Ball squad have been promoted to the JF side they have hardly lost a game, including beating the runway leaders of this comp, Newcastle a couple of weeks ago.

The one problem I have with this site is the constant looking for a negative. At times the club deserve a kick up the backside and many here are quick to pass that judgement. It seems though when praise is both warranted and deserved it is very slow in coming, if at all.

A classic case is Steve Roach who is a favourite punching bag on these pages. I know nothing of his involvement in the club other than he is the forward coach. Take a look at the form of Kite, Rose and King over the past couple of months, I defy anyone to say that that those players have not been playing to the best of their current abilities, yet I have not read any praise for Roach.

I am happy to have balanced arguements, and with the exception of Matabele it is dissapoiting for me not to read more balanced views of our performances over the last part of the season.

Garts etc, etc. We ran polls at the end of last season and beginning of this. Results were that the majority of supporters weren't happy with Dessie.

I'm happy for Dessie to coach next year.

I am sure you voted 100 + times ;)

As mentioned above people credit a lot of our good form to BK, does that mean he should be the one to blame for record losses last season?

Pete, this thread was meant to be a positive, it was YOU that turned it into a "why didn't you like Dessie in the beginning of the year debate"

When I offered you a reasonable explanation for this you sidestepped my point.

Get a grip!

Our problem with roach is more where his loyalties lie. A good example of this was a full page advert in the SEA EAGLES news with him wearing a Tigers jersey....yeah good one!

Byso, I am not sure how you mean you started it as a "positive thread" when your own response within this thread is " I am not confident with Des". If that is is not a negative then I need to go back to school. Just be honest with your intentions in posting a topic.

You started the thread to look for a bite & you got one or two from me. Your history with Hasler is well known. Yet despite us coming third at the moment you go back to the now very boring "over achieved remark".

All I look for is consistency, you have bagged Hasler unmercifully for 2 seasons now, yet you don't have the gonads to publically state that you opinion of Hasler may not have been correct.

I can't believe people are still sitting on the fence with Hasler's performance this year. I find it hard to believe that the fence sitters are going to hold their vote until the result of next weeks game. Even if we lose next week we will finish equal 3rd on points, only the points for and against will determine the semi final positions.

Your full of crap Pete. no where in this thread did I type " I am not confident with Des".

Re read what I typed then get back to me, you will notice that my beef is mainly with the appalling finish to last years season.

we did have an appalling finish to last season however I do not entirely blame Des for that. Many other factors conspired against us.

I'm not confident about Hasler. However we are running third which is a constant surprise. Are we there because of him or are we there because of other results going our way? I guess next year without BK, who is THE influence, will be he test. When you talk to him he doesn't seem the brightest bunny, but then again are any of them and could Socrates coach?

Your response was

"I agree with DSM5 view."

Please explain to me which part of DSM5's opinion you don't find as negative towards Hasler as you have agreed with it.

[quote author=DSM5]
I'm not confident about Hasler. However we are running third which is a constant surprise. Are we there because of him or are we there because of other results going our way? I guess next year without BK, who is THE influence, will be he test. When you talk to him he doesn't seem the brightest bunny, but then again are any of them and could Socrates coach?

Your response was

"I agree with DSM5 view."

Please explain to me which part of DSM5's opinion you don't find as negative towards Hasler as you have agreed with it.

[/quote]
Pete 1 Byso Nil :D

Exactly Pete, you felt the need to extract one line out of someone else's post. When I made a blanket statement that I agreed with his post. pfft.

Try again :)

Dessie rocks my socks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in the club is a champ :D

Not a bad word to say about anyone... we are 3rd on the ladder with 1 game to go.... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY

P.S - All those that say BK does ALL the talking at halftime.... How the fark would you know??? I'm not arguing either way because i don't know who does the talking.. but i want to know how you know BK does the majority of talking at halftime

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4