Des's Pressie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m not sure what it achieves...pretty ordinary look. Then Robinson, the losing coach goes in and gives a very heart felt and honest conference...kinda made Dessie look like a jerk.
Hmm, although Is there anything genuinely bad about dessie looking like a jerk? Why do we have to suck up to the media-types and put on a smiley face? **** everyone else, especially those corporate, naive journalists, im glad des stands up for himself and our players and focuses on letting the results do the talking

I loved it

Hmm, although Is there anything genuinely bad about dessie looking like a jerk? Why do we have to suck up to the media-types and put on a smiley face? **** everyone else, especially those corporate, naive journalists, im glad des stands up for himself and our players and focuses on letting the results do the talking

I loved it
I love it when Bennett does it, Dessies style is trying way too hard.

I love it when Bennett does it, Dessies style is trying way too hard.
Oh my

How can you look at what des did on friday and say he was trying too hard? It’s a 4 min press conference with stupid questions and even if there were good questions there’s no value in giving away anything other than praising next week’s opposition.

Anyways i’d much rather have Des than Bennett.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: Ned
Oh my

How can you look at what des did on friday and say he was trying too hard? It’s a 4 min press conference with stupid questions and even if there were good questions there’s no value in giving away anything other than praising next week’s opposition.

Anyways i’d much rather have Des than Bennett.
My comments are not about Fridays 4min press conference at all, i'm talking about all his interviews or presses from day one.

Yes i would rather Des from a style of play stand point and more detailed player analysis over Bennett any day of the week.

But i doubt i would listen or take seriously anything that comes out of Dessies mouth and probably fall asleep waiting for the sentence to finish or finish off his sentences for him.

Last edited:

I loved it
Like i said i don't mind short smart arse replies or coming across like a jerk if you do it well, Dessie just comes across like an uneducated tool that is trying way too hard.

I'm sure some will say "well that is part of the act to deflect from the team/boys and make the focus about crazy Des who can't dress himself for his life" and i'm sure Dessie enjoys that game with the journos, i'm just talking from my perspective that it bores the fark out of me and he never comes across as genuine.

Bennett does the same but does it well in a way i enjoy.

Not gonna lie, I saw a little bit of myself in Dessie last night. I’m usually calm and collected but lockdown has made me snappy in the same way Des was last night and my hair is also looking ratshlt atm cause there are no hairdressers to go to. Getting a haircut could also be a massive pain in the arse when hairdressers open again cause farkin everyone will be lining up to get one
Me too mate, last time my hair was this long it was the late 80s haha

I wish he would dress more casually during match day. What’s the point of looking dishevelled in a suit and tie if you can look like a professional in a pressed polo?

It does not give off a professional vibe from a coach who conducts himself professionally in all other aspects of his coaching.

I wish he would dress more casually during match day. What’s the point of looking dishevelled in a suit and tie if you can look like a professional in a pressed polo?

It does not give off a professional vibe from a coach who conducts himself professionally in all other aspects of his coaching.
The best dress is a winning dressing room feathered friend

From a journalists' viewpoint DESpicable's media conferences are useless. He may as well not hold them because he gives nothing that is reportable.
I would like to ask him: What instructions are you giving to The Shoe because he has gone from being the NRL's most exciting attacking forward to purely a solid defender?
Agree. And even his defence is just passable. Not brilliant.

Like i said i don't mind short smart arse replies or coming across like a jerk if you do it well, Dessie just comes across like an uneducated tool that is trying way too hard.

I'm sure some will say "well that is part of the act to deflect from the team/boys and make the focus about crazy Des who can't dress himself for his life" and i'm sure Dessie enjoys that game with the journos, i'm just talking from my perspective that it bores the fark out of me and he never comes across as genuine.

Bennett does the same but does it well in a way i enjoy.
Ok I see. Although Uneducated? What he’s wearing? Meh. When questions were getting worse and journalists started angling their questions to suit their agenda he had every right to leave. Bennett just keeps a monotone voice and a boring face. Comparing two things that don’t really matter too much.

Des is a good coach, Bennett is a good coach. Press conferences are pretty useless (unless you are trent barrett and need to pile in your excuses) and journalists don’t deserve to be given anything. These are the only things we can see for certain.

The short smart arse replies at the end were to stupid questions. He always boils it down to the simplest points. Just a few dot points for the journos to sum up the game to satisfy their articles. Manly held the ball, our forwards were good, dce good leadership, you have to win in finals it doesn’t matter about something that happened months ago (roosters rd 1) or ladder position.

Last edited by a moderator:

I get the feeling he is playing up for the camera ,and it is all a massive gag between him and everyone working under him.
Part of the Us vs Them mentality.
Or is he really just that "Mad" and dementia is kicking in ?
(I think not)

Yahoo-Serious-768x432.jpg
DCE wth long hair after a night with his Mrs ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6