Des's Pressie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fmd there are some judgemental people on here haha.. who cares what he looks like, who cares how he is portrayed in the media, let alone what he says to them. The only thing I care about is us winning football games, and des is helping us do that.

Who the **** is Jake Duke anyway, and how on earth did he get a gig with fox?
Phil’s son I believe, with Bush footy background. He’s a good bloke I reckon. But on that occasion he answered his own question while he asked it. As an ex-teacher Des gave the perfect reply.

Not gonna lie, I saw a little bit of myself in Dessie last night. I’m usually calm and collected but lockdown has made me snappy in the same way Des was last night and my hair is also looking ratshlt atm cause there are no hairdressers to go to. Getting a haircut could also be a massive pain in the arse when hairdressers open again cause farkin everyone will be lining up to get one

He is completely different behind closed doors...same as Bennett who swears like a sailor and is a real larrikin with a wicked sense of humour. They portray a different persona to the media but I don’t personally like it because they are biting the hand that feeds them.
I don't get the impression Dessies slow assed pausing sentence structure changes all that much, just more fun around the players because he knows that works---not necessarily because that is his true personality.

With Dessie the way he ummms and ahhhs and pauses at first i thought it was just his way of extending answers without giving away much and reducing the amount of questions he had to answer. These days i think it is partly that and just a slow brain dressed up as "i don't want to be here and i hate the press" to give off an "aura" about himself and to "protect the team"

It's the same with Bennett but at least he speaks with efficient clarity and not trying too hard with the riddles, always enjoyed Bennetts style. In saying that Bennett is not the greatest tactician, his strength is in man management and bonding teams while having others do the tactical work.

Fmd there are some judgemental people on here haha.. who cares what he looks like, who cares how he is portrayed in the media, let alone what he says to them. The only thing I care about is us winning football games, and des is helping us do that.
There is more important things to life than watching a team win games by throwing or kicking a ball around.

I don't feel his approach moving forward into the future has long term benefits for the club as the new generation takes over. The seige mentality can only go so far i feel in the modern playing environment.

But yeah better a guy who seems tough and can discipline than a drinking buddy as a coach, you also don't want a coach like Maguire that talks in scripted cliches that bore the fu&k out of most and not inspire with enough variety and smarts.

There is more important things to life than watching a team win games by throwing or kicking a ball around.

I don't feel his approach moving forward into the future has long term benefits for the club as the new generation takes over. The seige mentality can only go so far i feel in the modern playing environment.

But yeah better a guy who seems tough and can discipline than a drinking buddy as a coach, you also don't want a coach like Maguire that talks in scripted cliches that bore the fu&k out of most and not inspire with enough variety and smarts.
Ofcourse there is more to life than footy.. you know it, I know it and des knows it. He is a players coach first I believe. Some may believe his ways may be archaic, some may believe so are bennetts, yet here we are both in a preliminary. I think des will step aside on his terms anyway when he knows his time is up. Perhaps taking on a football operations role at the club. But as long as we're in contention, there is no better man at the helm for mine

Ofcourse there is more to life than footy.. you know it, I know it and des knows it. He is a players coach first I believe. Some may believe his ways may be archaic, some may believe so are bennetts, yet here we are both in a preliminary. I think des will step aside on his terms anyway when he knows his time is up. Perhaps taking on a football operations role at the club. But as long as we're in contention, there is no better man at the helm for mine
Foz was interviewed on SEN early this arvo, now we know that he and Des have a special relationship and Foz doesn't muck around in interviews but have a listen and then make up your own minds.

Foz was interviewed on SEN early this arvo, now we know that he and Des have a special relationship and Foz doesn't muck around in interviews but have a listen and then make up your own minds.
Forgive my ignorance. SEN?

I thought it was great, ask a good question and you'll get a response. Asking how far the team has come since rd 4....that's been done to death and in the archives of all news papers by now.

Great work by Des, no more pumping our players tyres up (in public via media sure behind closed doors it's different) as all the love leading into the finals got us believing that give it to Tom and we win.

No. Fk no. Des does not need any criticism over a press conference - not with the inane questioning of this ill-researched and lazy media scum that gravitates towards clickbait over substance, lobs the same pointless questions at Des week after week - and what.... we are supposed to chastise HIM because he would rather give them the absolute Minimal Viable Product press conference and get back to supporting the boys? No.

He rocks up looking 'disheveled' - yeah....so he has been in the sheds congratulating the boys, likely getting up close and personal with them - they fuzz his mullet. No Des, stop that. Have to look good for Fox Sports? So he motivates the team, or he leaves them, runs to the mirror to prepare him for the imagery preference of media....

Thank-you Des. We are not all lazy, ill-researched, wannabee sports-journalist hacks.

OK let's put this really, reeeeally bluntly. These media pricks are being given the answers they deserve.

"Manly haven't beaten a top-4 side" - what a crock of ****.

When we went to Bankwest to play Parra they were 2nd, 9-1 and massive favourites. They had beaten Melbourne already, and only lost to the Dragons in a rare mortal moment. Outside of that, the Eels hype-train was full speed. I was there at Bankwest, and enjoyed watching what Manly did to them - it was the game that instilled the fear that setup our half-century in round 2, and derailed their hype. I pray for a Parra vs Manly GF as we have their measure in every regard.

"Manly haven't beaten a top-4 side. Manly are Flat Track bullies (says Girdler)"....by what measure?

When we played the Cowboys at home, they were in the top-8 at the time. It had been identical win-loss statistics - and after we put 50 on them without Turbo would anyone look back and say we beat a top-8 side? The same side that crashed and burned and finished 2nd-last after that? We only got the chance to play Souths/Roosters/Penrith in the early stages of the season. You can only play to what is front of you.

Des reacted the way he did because the questions were just poor. Provocative at a time when we had just buried a team that has serious, documented advantages - proven even more by the favourable media coverage of the week leading to the final, where stories of the Rooters 'achievements' this year abounded in light of their unique injury-ravaged position.

Regardless of undermining them, that is a very lenient position to take. Many other teams endured injury hardship - we were one of them for a large part of the season. We didn't have 2 of our star players retire sure - this year..... but when Matai/Stewart were forced out and we got no Salary Cap concessions it was hardly the same Aussie-Battler narrative now was it...

I don't blame Des for his disposition, and commend him for refusing to indulge lazy, ill-considered questions - questions they might think appeal to NRL fans - if NRL fans are all dead****s with a goldfish memory and a penchant for repetition. How about questions about the emergence of Keppie this game? His running battle with Radley where Radley again crossed the line by punching Keppie, but everyone dismisses it as 'emotion' in the moment? What about Marty's 200 and his future at the club? The use of Schuster and his apparent role-change with the injection of Walker of the bench? DCE's leadership thru lockdown? The lack of 6-agains when the Rooters barely got back 10 and lay all over our boys in the ruck? Consistency between refereeing in the season, and the finals?

Why does Des have to walk them to these points, only to have the media swing it back to their preferred topic of Turbo's influence, of the luck of their draw, having an off game against Melbourne and an overall reliance on easy, mainstay lines of questioning?

It's borderline disrespectful that the pointless media can't even come up with some interesting questions, and if Des appears disrespectful in response, choosing to save the best of himself for the team, then I can live with that.

Robinson was eloquent enough for both of them tonight. A few weeks back Robinson was fined 40k for his comments though. How many fines has Des been coerced into costing our club this year with his curt press conferences?

Power to Des, keep giving 10% to the media, and syphon the best of yourself into the team, because it is bloody working.

No. Fk no. Des does not need any criticism over a press conference - not with the inane questioning of this ill-researched and lazy media scum that gravitates towards clickbait over substance, lobs the same pointless questions at Des week after week - and what.... we are supposed to chastise HIM because he would rather give them the absolute Minimal Viable Product press conference and get back to supporting the boys? No.

He rocks up looking 'disheveled' - yeah....so he has been in the sheds congratulating the boys, likely getting up close and personal with them - they fuzz his mullet. No Des, stop that. Have to look good for Fox Sports? So he motivates the team, or he leaves them, runs to the mirror to prepare him for the imagery preference of media....

Thank-you Des. We are not all lazy, ill-researched, wannabee sports-journalist hacks.

OK let's put this really, reeeeally bluntly. These media pricks are being given the answers they deserve.

"Manly haven't beaten a top-4 side" - what a crock of ****.

When we went to Bankwest to play Parra they were 2nd, 9-1 and massive favourites. They had beaten Melbourne already, and only lost to the Dragons in a rare mortal moment. Outside of that, the Eels hype-train was full speed. I was there at Bankwest, and enjoyed watching what Manly did to them - it was the game that instilled the fear that setup our half-century in round 2, and derailed their hype. I pray for a Parra vs Manly GF as we have their measure in every regard.

"Manly haven't beaten a top-4 side. Manly are Flat Track bullies (says Girdler)"....by what measure?

When we played the Cowboys at home, they were in the top-8 at the time. It had been identical win-loss statistics - and after we put 50 on them without Turbo would anyone look back and say we beat a top-8 side? The same side that crashed and burned and finished 2nd-last after that? We only got the chance to play Souths/Roosters/Penrith in the early stages of the season. You can only play to what is front of you.

Des reacted the way he did because the questions were just poor. Provocative at a time when we had just buried a team that has serious, documented advantages - proven even more by the favourable media coverage of the week leading to the final, where stories of the Rooters 'achievements' this year abounded in light of their unique injury-ravaged position.

Regardless of undermining them, that is a very lenient position to take. Many other teams endured injury hardship - we were one of them for a large part of the season. We didn't have 2 of our star players retire sure - this year..... but when Matai/Stewart were forced out and we got no Salary Cap concessions it was hardly the same Aussie-Battler narrative now was it...

I don't blame Des for his disposition, and commend him for refusing to indulge lazy, ill-considered questions - questions they might think appeal to NRL fans - if NRL fans are all dead****s with a goldfish memory and a penchant for repetition. How about questions about the emergence of Keppie this game? His running battle with Radley where Radley again crossed the line by punching Keppie, but everyone dismisses it as 'emotion' in the moment? What about Marty's 200 and his future at the club? The use of Schuster and his apparent role-change with the injection of Walker of the bench? DCE's leadership thru lockdown? The lack of 6-agains when the Rooters barely got back 10 and lay all over our boys in the ruck? Consistency between refereeing in the season, and the finals?

Why does Des have to walk them to these points, only to have the media swing it back to their preferred topic of Turbo's influence, of the luck of their draw, having an off game against Melbourne and an overall reliance on easy, mainstay lines of questioning?

It's borderline disrespectful that the pointless media can't even come up with some interesting questions, and if Des appears disrespectful in response, choosing to save the best of himself for the team, then I can live with that.

Robinson was eloquent enough for both of them tonight. A few weeks back Robinson was fined 40k for his comments though. How many fines has Des been coerced into costing our club this year with his curt press conferences?

Power to Des, keep giving 10% to the media, and syphon the best of yourself into the team, because it is bloody working.
I skim read most of that and liked what I skimmed! Lol

Oh god who is that female reporter asking questions to Cleary? It’s like she’s an intern at the Mackey community rag. Asking dumb questions. Still don’t know why reporters don’t start with questions like “Des can you talk to the Manly fans about (insert question here)……” actually draw them in a bit. Dummy journos.

It's not that hard to come up with some decent questions for DEspicable. For example:
How did Lachlan Croker made a difference to the team tonight?
How close is Moses Suli to making the top 17?
Why did you start the match with Sean Keppie?
What effect has Lockdown had on the players?

Yahoo-Serious-768x432.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6