Des's Pressie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok I see. Although Uneducated? What he’s wearing? Meh. When questions were getting worse and journalists started angling their questions to suit their agenda he had every right to leave. Bennett just keeps a monotone voice and a boring face. Comparing two things that don’t really matter too much.

Des is a good coach, Bennett is a good coach. Press conferences are pretty useless (unless you are trent barrett and need to pile in your excuses) and journalists don’t deserve to be given anything. These are the only things we can see for certain.

The short smart arse replies at the end were to stupid questions. He always boils it down to the simplest points. Just a few dot points for the journos to sum up the game to satisfy their articles. Manly held the ball, our forwards were good, dce good leadership, you have to win in finals it doesn’t matter about something that happened months ago (roosters rd 1) or ladder position.
A very well articulated post. Shame there aren't a few more like you working their way up the sports journalism ranks.

Like i said i don't mind short smart arse replies or coming across like a jerk if you do it well, Dessie just comes across like an uneducated tool that is trying way too hard.

I'm sure some will say "well that is part of the act to deflect from the team/boys and make the focus about crazy Des who can't dress himself for his life" and i'm sure Dessie enjoys that game with the journos, i'm just talking from my perspective that it bores the fark out of me and he never comes across as genuine.

Bennett does the same but does it well in a way i enjoy.
Is there anything about Manly you actually like ?

No idea how the players take him seriously(must be more eloquent behind closed doors) as i can't stand listening to air gasping, can't stand looking at a botox inflated face that is constantly portraying the look of the world against the club and i mentality.

Des knows the art of appearing like he is selfless and about the players but he really is all about himself, everything comes across as calculated and manufactured from my perspective.

I do like the no nonsense discipline side and the "occasional" dressing down with short blunt replies to silly lazy ass questions, but Des has to also remember and respect everyone has a job to do, we all sell out to varying degress(even himself) to make a living so why be overly difficult or rude with your interactions.

I recall when Des first started coaching first grade that he replied to a question along the lines of "i'm not a career coach" or something along those lines, to me that pretty much sums up Des.(wont elaborate more on my views on why he answered in that manner because this is a League forum not a psych analysis)

Would love to see how Des works behind closed doors because from the outside looking in(and it is the way he wants it) there is nothing that gives off the impression he could inspire or interest many.(obviously he does, the track record proves this)

I guess we all/most have to "buy" into a cause to benefit in life and it is the ability to manufacture and brainwash others to believe in the greater goal that separates great coaches and leaders from the rest.
Technical Coach. Maybe you should do the press conference. By the length of your diatribe against Des I’m sure you could keep a press conference going for at least half an hour. You might be confusing eloquence for bombast?

Ok I see. Although Uneducated? What he’s wearing? Meh. When questions were getting worse and journalists started angling their questions to suit their agenda he had every right to leave. Bennett just keeps a monotone voice and a boring face. Comparing two things that don’t really matter too much.

Des is a good coach, Bennett is a good coach. Press conferences are pretty useless (unless you are trent barrett and need to pile in your excuses) and journalists don’t deserve to be given anything. These are the only things we can see for certain.

The short smart arse replies at the end were to stupid questions. He always boils it down to the simplest points. Just a few dot points for the journos to sum up the game to satisfy their articles. Manly held the ball, our forwards were good, dce good leadership, you have to win in finals it doesn’t matter about something that happened months ago (roosters rd 1) or ladder position.
I don't care for press conferences, my reply is in the context of every single interview he does, it is always pointless to watch.

At least with Bennetts monotone voice he is sharp to the point and blunt with a sense of humour.

Technical Coach. Maybe you should do the press conference. By the length of your diatribe against Des I’m sure you could keep a press conference going for at least half an hour. You might be confusing eloquence for bombast?
You could ask Des the most interesting detailed question ever that he is surprised by and he will still answer in the same way, in a way he deserves the silly questions and i think he probably prefers such questions so he has a reason to put on the "disinterested blunt look" and not look out of context.

If Des is offered an extremely good question and replies in the same manner he looks more like a tool.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6