• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What would you call the last 11 weeks
[/quote]

Reality

Other team caught up in fitness etc, injuries and SOO took our best attacking/defensive weapons (our back row) and fatiqued our 2 early 30 year old team leaders. I think Des was the logical appointment for the Manly rebirth and have no problem with a name coach replacing him down the track but I just think he deserves a chance to show his wares with some decent cattle.

agree with UT, I will reserve judgement till he has some decent cattle. I think some might be jumping the gun a little.

Well said CW. Things were going well for the 1st half od the season with a very limited backline. Manly's backrowers were scoring all the tries. Unfortunately for Des, results next year will definitaly count.

Everyone wanted Brown sacked at the beginning of the year......

In essence I agree with CW opinion. However I do harbour some concerns with Des in the continued selection of some players after continued poor performances. This was highlighted in the past 2 weeks with the non selection of Hecks for no apparent reason.

Whilst our PL are travelling OK the reality is that no one player in the current forward pack (Hecks excluded) really stands out as an obvious choice for NRL. Whilst I think Curthbertson will be an NRL player in the future I think it wise counsel to leave him in PL for the remainder of the year, he is very young and to play him in NRL at the moment may well do more harm than good.

If there is a better (fit) PL forward at the moment I have not see him. So what does Des do, you drop King to promote who, Curtis has shown NRL is beyond him, you drop Harris and promote who, Cleal & Moorwood are not up to NRL? I know it is a fine balance, Des has got somethings wrong, but I feel at times he has limited options.

NEVER that again...Please Tooks...take that foul language off this site !!! HeHeHe.

I will go out on a very shaky limb here and make the observation that Kimmorley has long been held wrongly accountable for the debacle's of 2002.

I attended most of the NE games that year & just like BK this year KImmorley never gave less than 100% effort, something that can't be said about some of our current squad. At times his execution was not as you would like but he was always trying something, again you compare to that to the lack of creativity we have at the moment. From memory he did not miss a match through injury, so you cannot excuse him of lack of committment? hmm reccuring theme when compared to some of this years squad.

Of course there is always the hackneyed phrase that he was only in it for the money etc etc. Well I have never heard any official complain that Kimmorley held by them by the gonads to force them to pay the alleged $500K. Now let me ask this question, your are approached by a rival company and you offered a salary package some 30% higher than what you are currently receiving and you know that would not be paid by others in your profession, you also know that you have a limited time in your career to earn the big bucks, now if you can honestly say that you would refuse the offer my congratulatiions to you, but if you like me would take the money then I am completley lost at the criticism levelled at Kimmorley by, in general most Manly fans.

Canteen - yep, I'm no coach, and either are you my friend, so you telling me how a team should be run is conflicting with your initial stance against me. My ideals aren't based on specifics, more perception.

I believe a positive year, or a successful year is a year that a team can build momentum, can build towards something better. As I have said on numerous occassions, a mark of a coach is by how he can get the most out of his players, and even improve his veterans skills & passion. If you have a BASIC look at this competition, most teams are building momentum. MOST. Whereas, ours, has stopped, or even gone backwards.

I understand that you are happy with that Canteen, by I personally can't stand it. I want something better for The manly I follow, and I personally don't think Des Hasler is running a machine in that direction.

The only other team this year, that has as poor a consecutive record as us is Newcastle Canteen. The coach was under severe pressure, and there were talks of him leaving his club. Same can be said for St George. So that argument is up in smoke.

Des Hasler is the golden child, so WHATEVER the results, he will be in there win / lose or draw, so I guess this debate is useless anyway. We will have our players "shielded" after humiliating record losses, we will have Des Hasler upbeat after concurrent losses, we will have Des Hasler on 10 news shrugging & saying "oh well" after smashing defeats.

I emplore you, tell me in your own opinion Canteen - has Des Hasler coached the best out of all his players consistently his year?

Wait a minute while I hand you your glasses case.

[quote author=Ryan]
NEVER that again...Please Tooks...take that foul language off this site !!! HeHeHe.

I will go out on a very shaky limb here and make the observation that Kimmorley has long been held wrongly accountable for the debacle's of 2002.

I attended most of the NE games that year & just like BK this year KImmorley never gave less than 100% effort, something that can't be said about some of our current squad. At times his execution was not as you would like but he was always trying something, again you compare to that to the lack of creativity we have at the moment. From memory he did not miss a match through injury, so you cannot excuse him of lack of committment? hmm reccuring theme when compared to some of this years squad.

Of course there is always the hackneyed phrase that he was only in it for the money etc etc. Well I have never heard any official complain that Kimmorley held by them by the gonads to force them to pay the alleged $500K. Now let me ask this question, your are approached by a rival company and you offered a salary package some 30% higher than what you are currently receiving and you know that would not be paid by others in your profession, you also know that you have a limited time in your career to earn the big bucks, now if you can honestly say that you would refuse the offer my congratulatiions to you, but if you like me would take the money then I am completley lost at the criticism levelled at Kimmorley by, in general most Manly fans.
[/quote]

Looks like I am out there on the shaky limb with you CP. Kimmorley was the high profile player, the "Saviour" and when things went horribly pear shaped for the NE (not that was a bad thing), he was in everyone's sights. I, too saw many NE games and he certainly looked as if put in.

Jamesie

is Des meant to come out and say my players are ****ing useless, pathetic and should not be playing first grade Ryan? is that what you want? I have no doubt he exploded when it was just him and his troops. In front of the media is not the place.

Please explain how Des is the Golden Child? I am sure he is under pressure from the board. Do you want Cummings or Wilson to say his job is on the line? I have no doubt it is if he continues this way.

The last 2 months have been extremely disappointing for us all but obviously more so for you becuase I have never seen someone whinge and moan so much in my life. I hope you dont make your partner put up with it.

Ryan - I am a coach of Under 14 Rugby. Have done so continuously for 20 years. My team was undefeated this year and last year. I have a few clues!!!

My point is that there are two good coaches involved in every contest - to say that one is good and one is bad each week is too simple. Too many factors involved in wins and losses. To just bleat and blame the coach is taking the easy option. Did Des order King to make 2 hitups last weekend and miss five tackles?

Did Des pick King over the last 10 weeks or so. Even though he's not fit and hasn't got the stats to back up his inclussion?

1 thing in Dessies defence is he does not have a great deal to choose from.

we all saw how Curtis handled the top grade.

He wears very, very thick rose coloured glasses. Like I said last week in another thread "let's see how the team plays against a team getting lead by a real half back in Kimmorley, with no real 5/8", I again say, lets see how Des Hasler lifts this team over a depleted NZ.

and my two words to that suggestion NO WAY

The man is political dyanamite, he manages to leave clubs in ruins. This club suffers enough from political influences, Anderson would be the Pauline Hanson of Manly.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8