[Resurrected] Des sacked [From Bulldogs]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lets put this Des great coach thing in perspective shall we.....
Des had full reign and an open check book to sign who he wanted .
He released the likes of Taupau and Finucane
2012 season 1st
2013 6th
2014 7th
2015 5th
2016 7th
2017 11th
The Bulldogs million dollar Des premiership investment has been a failure
Manly and the Manly players made Des !!!.. Lyon.. Matai.. Snake.. DCE.. Foran Gift.. Beaver etc .
A coach is only as good as his players and Des could not find any Manly legends to assist him and win a premiership at the dogs .
No one was complaining about his recruitment when they were in the GF

With the exception of Trex, but he was signed on the back of good form

Im tipping this .. Bozo to get the team he wants for 18, step down to coaching the kids , and leave the door open for Hasler to walk in and take up his position. This is what i think is a real chance of happening.

Im tipping this .. Bozo to get the team he wants for 18, step down to coaching the kids , and leave the door open for Hasler to walk in and take up his position. This is what i think is a real chance of happening.

Wash your mouth out.............!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dogman back at some point. But not in the short term.

He looked very relaxed and dapper on tonight's news. No more regular commuting to Fort Apache, the Bronxmore.

I'm thinking the same. Hasler really deserves nothing from Manly or us fans and he made is proverbial bed. His management (or rather mismanagement) of players contracts, the attempted poaching of our players and Manly staff cannot be simply put in the "let us move on" bucket. His power trip is now full circle.

There is another side to this, a human side. He probably has never been sacked from anything and failure hurts no matter who it is. I suspect for such an intense person he will take this pretty hard but
this is the biggest wake up call he will get. What he does next will define what legacy he has left.

I hope that sometime in the future he can make an heart felt apology for the crap he caused to the Manly Football Club and the Manly Fans. Time may or may not heal...........

You have to put into consideration Des wasnt given an extension when he approached the board.then we are led to believe the board wanted to see how 2011 played out and put in all sorts of KPI and targets that Des wasnt use to and didnt have to agree to. We seem to all agree it was ok for him to leave for a big pay day, cos lets be honest players of his generation weren't paid aswell as they are today and Des was not a marquee player.

Once Des joined the Dogs, he is fair game to try and sign our players just like any other coach of any other club.
Just like Barrett took a few Panthers with him and who knows maybe tried to take a few more. The Panther connection seems to be coming on strong for Moylan. Sure it's not the ideal situation but Des owes us NOTHING

In hindsight if he had of taken Foran and a Stewart or two and whoever else. Maybe our rebuild would of been a lot smoother and no white Anting. Maybe Toovey would of been given a decent crack at coaching.
Maybe embarrassments like Mateo, Myles Turdgess and whoever else wouldn't of seen a Manly jersey.
We would of had DCE cheaper and Bozo wouldn't of spent a year chasing Foran only to sign DCE for almost twice as much as originally offered.
Maybe we wouldn't of had a half baked Brett for 2016 and then pay him even though he didn't set a foot on the field on 2017, don't even get me started on Watmough.

TLDR Des did Manly no favours when he left. He also owed Manly nothing.
I don't want him back but it is of my opinion alot of blame is directed at him unfairly, even if he is a s**t bloke or not

For those that want Andrew Webster's take on it or just want to read a bit more about former Manly player and coach Des Hasler another story for you courtesy of SMH via MSN (link at bottom)........

Excerpt:

The inside story of how the Bulldogs lost their way - and Des Hasler was sacked

Des Hasler thought he'd secured his future in a secret meeting at the Pullman Hotel at Sydney Olympic Park on April 3 earlier this year.

Well, as secure as anything in rugby league can be in these confusing and mysterious times.

Sitting around the table were Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib, chief executive Raelene Castle and Hasler's manager, George Mimis. The meeting went for hours and hours, every last clause and detail nutted out.

And then, when it was all over, the much-talked about "heads of agreement" was signed. It wasn't inked in blood, but it was a done deal. The Bulldogs announced it. They've been telling us all for months how Hasler has "two more years on his contract".

It was hoped this would end the annoying speculation about the coach's future and assure players and their managers there was stability at Belmore.

More than that, it would take some heat off Dib.

The day before, in his column for the Sun-Herald, colleague Danny Weidler had savaged the chairman. He wrote the Bulldogs had been a "rabble for weeks" and speculation about Hasler's future was damaging the Bulldogs' brand. Weidler's missive rattled a few cages.

But now it was all sorted. A week or so later, Hasler, Mimis, Dib and Castle caught up for dinner and raised a glass to the deal.

Cut to another meeting on Tuesday morning and Hasler and Mimis were sitting across from Dib again.

It had been 10 days since the club's end-of-season presentation, the review into the team's dreadful season completed. Time for Hasler to find out if he's still got a job.

Des is a Jedi Warrior of statistics and Dib had a stack to throw at him: no top-four finish in five years; a win-loss percentage of 56.8 per cent in the past six years; 52 per cent in the past three; 41.7 per cent this year … And on it went.

Then came the rip to the body Hasler and Mimis didn't see coming. Not only was he sacked, he wasn't getting a pay out because the "heads of agreement" was "non-binding".

Full story at: http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...d-des-hasler-was-sacked/ar-AAsg2rM?li=AAgfYrC

I can't believe FOURan can still command big money. This was a terrible recruitment by the Dishlickers.
I also can't believe they are worrying about a payout to DESpicable. The Canterbury Leagues Club is so wealthy DESpicable's payout could come from their petty cash.
Ironically, the Dogs finished the season playing well. It shows that DESpicable had the players, just not their devotion to his gameplan.

He made his own bed...or dug his own grave, now he's got to lie in it.

We're doing alright now without him so I'm happy to keep it that way, plus he'll find something to do, probably SOO coach I'd expect.

I would have loved being a fly on the wall for the last meeting.

De$ not blowing a gasket is just a bridge too far , he'd have stuck an IED in his briefcase , slammed the door and said " suck on this you tossers".

I can't believe FOURan can still command big money. This was a terrible recruitment by the Dishlickers.
I also can't believe they are worrying about a payout to DESpicable. The Canterbury Leagues Club is so wealthy DESpicable's payout could come from their petty cash.
Ironically, the Dogs finished the season playing well. It shows that DESpicable had the players, just not their devotion to his gameplan.
fouran good one.

Having Des back is like dreaming of an previous girlfriend who walked out on you. The low act should not be forgot (not for leaving but how it was done) and anyway you will soon find with both the world we live in is a different place.

Des is not a modern coach. His ways have stayed still and the football world has moved on.

Why would you dream of Des when you have a stud like TBaz in your bed. Sure Des might be more experienced and know some tricks but...

No thank you. This bloke tried to pull our club apart.
And although it hasn't been his intention, he has single handedly destroyed the bulldogs through his recruitment and backended deals.

Why anyone would want this bloke back at our club is beyond me. We are only now recovering from the way he left us.

No thanks!
True, I am in denial of this. Wouldn't want him back as head coach regardless although thought he'd be decent as an assistant coach or defencive coach

True, I am in denial of this. Wouldn't want him back as head coach regardless although thought he'd be decent as an assistant coach or defencive coach

De$ would NEVER play second fiddle to anyone, his Ego is as big as the gap at Sydney Heads!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2