Des Press Conf

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des spot on mate not up to standard. Until you learn that there has to be consequences in place for any worker or team not meeting performance standards you will never raise the performance of an individual or a team. The shining example of this is dropping blokes who rip in and deliver man of the match performamces. Cust vs cows and Ola vs warriors case in point. Next you allowed Waddell to stay on the field after three knock ons vs warriors. Second chance sure. 3rd nope. He lost that game for us with momentum killing plays, stayed on field and picked next week. Your an ex head teacher crack the bloody cane out rip a few doors off hinges. Get angry ffs. Most of all stop rewarding poor performances and mediocrity with a jersey. Bellamy has proven his ability to bring through no names and kids to fill a gap. They lose members of their pack every year he finds another. But most importantly a player has a **** game or 17 they are dropped. Please instil the fact that wearing a Manly Warringah jersey is a privilege not a right.

Im happy to lose..
My ONLY wish for the remainder of the season is to not get the spoon... don't care if we lose every game by 40 aslong as bongos or dogs keep losing too..
Tom being so good masks the dead weight we currently have.. he beats 2-3 defenders each play and puts tafua, garrick, Parker etc over for 2 to 3 tries each week making them look great..
HOPELLY des has had enough and spends the off season preparing either the next kid to step up or look to the market for a cheap upgrade..
But des needs to see it... hard to justify dropping someone like tafua say, if he's scoring tries each week

I'd be fine leaving him out and working around the young guys for experience. The bigger question is will he ever come good and get over these injuries.
Exactly. If this year has shown us nothing else, it has shown us NOT to build our attack/team around 1 player.

The good teams have 3 or 4 of them, we have 1. How about Walker? Sorry, I doubt he will ever really be one.

Well des could’ve dropped some of the players he was talking about 8 rounds ago.

He is not blameless in this, we look uncoached and have the most Conservative selections and gameplay all year.

Nearly everything about our football department needs to change
Who would he replace them with?

Who would he replace them with?
This largely is the ball and chain that Des has been dragging all season a lack of quality depth. Particularly in the backs following the running injuries we had. I expect that’s why JetSki has been selected ahead of Quaca who is a much better proposition in my view. JetSki provides cover in the backs from the bench. We can’t afford to rely so much on Turbo next year we need some big signings which won’t happen or Des needs to develop youth. At least this game was reality check for young Hoppa’s manager and father he is no worth big bucks just yet. Gotta earn your stripes!

Yeah leave the deadwood & get rid of one of our best.....
Never mentioned anything about the “deadwood.”But if they have contracts,who is going to take them off Manly’s hands?If they are uncontracted,no need to re-sign them.But in Taupau’s case,he’d be on a decent salary and would be attractive to particular teams that require an experienced front rower.He’s 31 next year and all things considered,his best years are behind him.Manly’s problems are not the front row,even if you take him out.Some hard decisions need to be made to turn things around and if someone has to be sacrificed,so be it

Des standing down? What are you smoking?
I don't smoke.
But when DESpicable says: "We came here with a plan -- possession"....
Seriously? That is your plan?
How about giving consideration to matching the Storm's backline by refreshing your team with enthusiastic and speedy players?
It was like watching a well-coached team V a team with no plan.

This largely is the ball and chain that Des has been dragging all season a lack of quality depth. Particularly in the backs following the running injuries we had. ....
The Shoe, Jade Anderson, Morgan Harper, Metcalf, Miski, Burbo? All of them are backs in need of a chance. They may not be NRL quality yet, but surely after watching the last two matches you now realise that Manly's backline is the worst in the league -- both in attack and defence -- and in need of new players.
What's the point of trotting out the same team when we get beaten by 40 points one week, 30 points the next? Are you hoping we'll only get beaten this week by 20 points?

The Shoe, Jade Anderson, Morgan Harper, Metcalf, Miski, Burbo? All of them are backs in need of a chance. They may not be NRL quality yet, but surely after watching the last two matches you now realise that Manly's backline is the worst in the league -- both in attack and defence -- and in need of new players.
What's the point of trotting out the same team when we get beaten by 40 points one week, 30 points the next? Are you hoping we'll only get beaten this week by 20 points?
You misunderstand me. I have been calling for Schuster and the rest of the roster to be used for months. I even stopped reading the team list each Tuesday because it annoyed me. But we certainly lack experienced and quality depth. I hope we use the young ones for the mast 4 rounds.

I don't smoke.
But when DESpicable says: "We came here with a plan -- possession"....
Seriously? That is your plan?
How about giving consideration to matching the Storm's backline by refreshing your team with enthusiastic and speedy players?
It was like watching a well-coached team V a team with no plan.
So say Des reads your thoughts and steps down tomorrow in total humiliation who takes over. Wow we have Cartwright don't we. That will end well.
Did it ever occur to your obviously heightened intelligence that perhaps when one of the most experienced and successful coaches in the last 20 years gives a group of players a plan that perhaps thats all they can understand?
So let's match Melbourne man for man yes. Minski v addo carr. Hoppa v Olam (didn't end too well) Anderson v whoever will run rings around him. The shoe v munster. I like your enthusiasm but the planning leaves a lot to be desired.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6