Des Press Conf

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never mentioned anything about the “deadwood.”But if they have contracts,who is going to take them off Manly’s hands?If they are uncontracted,no need to re-sign them.But in Taupau’s case,he’d be on a decent salary and would be attractive to particular teams that require an experienced front rower.He’s 31 next year and all things considered,his best years are behind him.Manly’s problems are not the front row,even if you take him out.Some hard decisions need to be made to turn things around and if someone has to be sacrificed,so be it
Love marty, consistently one of our best for a few years now but definitely cannot argue with your logic. The club has a lot of quality young props who can't get a game. He's def getting on,and is actually on coin that could be used to by a real strike outside back until some of our jnrs come through. Hey the $ has to come from somewhere, or else we'll all be praying to the injury gods for a few more years yet

This is it! Why bother having them in our squad if you won't even consider using them. Makes no sense
Might be due to player bonuses for making the first grade run on squad and not wanting to allocate such funds on future "depth players" for the short to medium term when Des believes we are no chance anyway.(wild guess have no idea)

If the above is not the reason then really there is no excuse to not blood some players, it's not like it's going to impact the revenue from reduced "home crowd" support and to be honest do we really care about this year anyway---perfect environment to take risks and be a little inventive.

Mind you from the limited showcasing of depth players so far this year Manly really don't have much talent to unearth that will make it worthwhile anyway.

I disagree. I was pretty underwhelmed with Miski last year, but also happy to bring him in again and give him another shot considering the circumstances.
Although miski is a lookalike to Josh mansour, there is a huge gap in playing ability and prowess. Though miski is an international for Lebanon, you need to put things into context & perspective

Might be due to player bonuses for making the first grade run on squad and not wanting to allocate such funds on future "depth players" for the short to medium term when Des believes we are no chance anyway.(wild guess have no idea)

If the above is not the reason then really there is no excuse to not blood some players, it's not like it's going to impact the revenue from reduced "home crowd" support and to be honest do we really care about this year anyway---perfect environment to take risks and be a little inventive.

Mind you from the limited showcasing of depth players so far this year Manly really don't have much talent to unearth that will make it worthwhile anyway.
I think we have some decent talent to unearth from our squad, it’s been disappointing not too see a couple of guys get a chance.

Good point with the crowd support and now is the time to try different things.

I know this is as unlikely as the Bachelor finding "true love" but I'd like to see Manly (or any other club) giving the Walker Brothers a NRL coaching job. It need only for one year, with options, but they could revolutionise the way the sport is played.
Yes, they could be a disaster, and we'd 'win' our first ever wooden spoon. But I think on a one-year risk V reward outcome it would shake up our club in a positive way.
I think the NRL coaching profession needs more progressive thinkers. Too many current coaches are of a bygone era (like myself).

I know this is as unlikely as the Bachelor finding "true love" but I'd like to see Manly (or any other club) giving the Walker Brothers a NRL coaching job. It need only for one year, with options, but they could revolutionise the way the sport is played.
Yes, they could be a disaster, and we'd 'win' our first ever wooden spoon. But I think on a one-year risk V reward outcome it would shake up our club in a positive way.
I think the NRL coaching profession needs more progressive thinkers. Too many current coaches are of a bygone era (like myself).
You know I was just thinking this the other day. But as assistant coaches to Des. I think it could be a winner winner chicken dinner.

I agree with DESpicable that it was not good enough tonight -- or for the last month.
So why isn't he standing down?
Des just needs players that are capable of standing up for the occasion
Des will build us the dream premiership winning team feathered friend ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6