Des on 2UE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
He said something along the lines of Matai will definately play centre... but not sure where Lyon and Burns will play due to injuries..

Considering Watmough and Beaver are in doubt.... is he thinking of leaving Burns at 5/8 and play Lyon at lock??

How would Lyon go at lock? hes big creative.. a bit of a Kosef type lock.

He said Choc and Menzies should be right and said that because Burns has great utility value he is a good player to have somewhere in the squad.

This is the quick summary i posted on Sea Eagles Nest.

------

Brief rundown of Dessie's chat on 2UE Sports Today.

- Matai def playing centre
- Lyon/Burns both have utility value and could play a number of positions.
- Picked up a few injuries in the trial, so until they're settled it remains uncertain where Burns/Lyon etc will definately be playing.
- Good for the club to have these sort of problems.
- (on Lyon) He's not a scheming/crafting 5/8, he's possesses a tremendous pass and can certainly run the ball - that's how we'll be looking at him.

Injuries:

- Choc: good news, had a scan and he SHOULD be right for Round 1.
- Others: just a couple of bumps and bruises. Should be all hands on deck for Canberra.

Trials:

- You can have lengthy debate, but you'll find that most coaches will be in favour of it.

-----

F*cking stoked to hear that Matai will definately be playing in the centres. It sounded like unless the injuries intervene (maybe Monas is still feeling the effects of his concussion? Or Ox pulled up sore?) that Lyon will be 6 and Burns somewhere in the mix (Dunley's spot!!).

Awesome news about Choc as well, but I know he played through the pain of a lot of injuries towards the end of last year, and while the passion and effort was there it ended up hurting him and the team a lot (missed tackles galore at the end of the year for Choc) - I don't want him to START the year already pushing through the pain of injuries and making them worse etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4