This is the quick summary i posted on Sea Eagles Nest.
Brief rundown of Dessie's chat on 2UE Sports Today.
- Matai def playing centre
- Lyon/Burns both have utility value and could play a number of positions.
- Picked up a few injuries in the trial, so until they're settled it remains uncertain where Burns/Lyon etc will definately be playing.
- Good for the club to have these sort of problems.
- (on Lyon) He's not a scheming/crafting 5/8, he's possesses a tremendous pass and can certainly run the ball - that's how we'll be looking at him.
- Choc: good news, had a scan and he SHOULD be right for Round 1.
- Others: just a couple of bumps and bruises. Should be all hands on deck for Canberra.
- You can have lengthy debate, but you'll find that most coaches will be in favour of it.
F*cking stoked to hear that Matai will definately be playing in the centres. It sounded like unless the injuries intervene (maybe Monas is still feeling the effects of his concussion? Or Ox pulled up sore?) that Lyon will be 6 and Burns somewhere in the mix (Dunley's spot!!).
Awesome news about Choc as well, but I know he played through the pain of a lot of injuries towards the end of last year, and while the passion and effort was there it ended up hurting him and the team a lot (missed tackles galore at the end of the year for Choc) - I don't want him to START the year already pushing through the pain of injuries and making them worse etc.