Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Huge respect for Des as a player, and a coach , until that moment in 2011.

Let’s just remember the good times.
Do you mean the moment the bell tolled for the club that continually screwed the pooch and ****ed around one of the hottest coaches at the time? a multiple premiership winner. a club legend. a guy that would have resigned had Manly had any ****ing idea at the time?

was a lot like the Bennett saga at the Broncos. they screwed him and got Seibold. we screwed Des and got a dead man walking in Toovey (he was on a hiding to nothing given his association to the Des era) followed by the great TBAZ.....

I too would have screwed my employer had they treated me that way.

Do you mean the moment the bell tolled for the club that continually screwed the pooch and ****ed around one of the hottest coaches at the time? a multiple premiership winner. a club legend. a guy that would have resigned had Manly had any ****ing idea at the time?

was a lot like the Bennett saga at the Broncos. they screwed him and got Seibold. we screwed Des and got a dead man walking in Toovey (he was on a hiding to nothing given his association to the Des era) followed by the great TBAZ.....

Let me tell you that at that moment in time I was very much an insider in the club. I’d been doing club travel / supporter trips since 2008 and had a close working relationship with three CEO’s, and I was good friends with the Football Club chairman at the time , and the ones that followed for a few years.

There’s most definitely two sides of that story , and no doubting you have only one.

You have zero idea of what was going on , what could of gone on , and what actually went on.

As I say , I respect him for his playing days , and until 2011.

But do not lecture me on how wonderful he was and how the club “ screwed the pooch “ when you have no idea!!

Oh by the way , I have no intention of debating this issue with you , it’s all old news and it doesn’t need to be raised and debated again 12 years later.

Let’s just agree that you have your view , and I’ll have mine.

I don’t bag you , and so don’t you bag me.

We all need to move on from the Des era , he’s gone and will never return.

Let’s leave it at that.

Oh by the way , I have no intention of debating this issue with you , it’s all old news and it doesn’t need to be raised and debated again 12 years later.

Let’s just agree that you have your view , and I’ll have mine.

I don’t bag you , and so don’t you bag me.

We all need to move on from the Des era , he’s gone and will never return.

Let’s leave it at that.
I asked a question. You fired up with a fair amout of vigor. The world moves on.
You have your insider knowledge which is great for you. I applaud your insider knowledge which you didn't share for whatever reason???
Since the end of the northern eagles The club isn't exactly a picture of a well run solid organisation regardless of your point of view wouldn't you say?

Des will never be an Assistant Coach, from his history he doesn’t believe in them and was only ticking boxes filling seats in the coaches box.

Mate with the utmost respect you came at me pretty hard.
With respect back to you , you come in every single time I make a comment about Hasler , you never miss !!

You know my views , and every time it’s “ come in spinner”.

I know your views and I never make a comment , but you can’t help yourself.

We’ve argued before on this.

It’s not tit for tat , no one is a winner , you’ll never get my side as yours has been clouded by the media angle at the time.

As I’ve stated there’s two very different stories , I heard both at the time , but the evidence ( emails and letters ) I was privy to showed things in a very very different light.

I can’t say anything about them as they were highly confidential , I probably shouldn’t have seen them but I did, and they were very very damning, I can say no more.

I’ll leave you with your views , and respectfully ask that if I make an alternate comment , not involving you personally , that you don’t try and fire this argument up again.

My stance remains , I respect the man for his playing days , and for his coaching to 2011.

The fact that he’s been sacked by two clubs since then supports my view of the “ other side” of him.

I understand you can’t see that , but all good , different strokes for different folks.

Oh we havent seen the last of the Dazzler. he's too cocky and self assured to be affected by what happened at Manly
I'm a big fan of Des; huge in fact. I love the bloke. However, I think we've seen the last of him. Not because of any choice on his behalf, more so I do not believe he will be picked up by another organisation. He has probably had his day as a head coach and I just don't think he is the kind of guy to work under someone; he is cocky and self assured as you suggest. He does not take orders from anyone. I think it's a shame and I hope I am wrong but yeah, I just think there's a stigma about him and other clubs are wary of a guy that is notorious for being a control freak.

The mad professor will always have a special place in my heart.

I was only wondering the other day, I wonder what a sacked coach like Des does now?

Do they watch footy intently and plot their next role?
Do they just take it easy and reset?
He's not the media type so a commentary or analyst role ala Flanno doesn't seem on the cards.

If he's as intense and proud as he comes across, I see him popping up somewhere, does he have a target?
I would think it is one of two things

1. He has switched off completely and does not watch anything (unlikely but you never know
2. Is more of a casual watcher

With respect back to you , you come in every single time I make a comment about Hasler , you never miss !!

You know my views , and every time it’s “ come in spinner”.

I know your views and I never make a comment , but you can’t help yourself.

We’ve argued before on this.

It’s not tit for tat , no one is a winner , you’ll never get my side as yours has been clouded by the media angle at the time.

As I’ve stated there’s two very different stories , I heard both at the time , but the evidence ( emails and letters ) I was privy to showed things in a very very different light.

I can’t say anything about them as they were highly confidential , I probably shouldn’t have seen them but I did, and they were very very damning, I can say no more.

I’ll leave you with your views , and respectfully ask that if I make an alternate comment , not involving you personally , that you don’t try and fire this argument up again.

My stance remains , I respect the man for his playing days , and for his coaching to 2011.

The fact that he’s been sacked by two clubs since then supports my view of the “ other side” of him.

I understand you can’t see that , but all good , different strokes for different folks.
Fair enough. Will step back from this discussion.
Just so you know I can't remember what I had for lunch today let alone a discussion on this subject where we butted heads from way back.
I guess now that @Ryan and myself have been getting on so well I'm just busting for a scrap. Will choose my next one more carefully.

Do you miss working in and around the club?
They were great times , especially as a passionate fan as well.

Not behest to them but more a symbiotic relationship.

Lots of special experiences , inside the dressing sheds after wins , the ear of the CEO’s ( one used to ring me at night to gauge the feel of the fans on a decision ) , loads of private box entertainment.

But then the dark side as well , knowing things a fan shouldn’t know , being “ used “ by some to get points across on this very forum , and then having to re-establish yourself with every new CEO.

I had some great times , attended the private functions after every grand final, got some great photos with the trophy in 2008/11, but life moves on.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2