Des Hasler - Thanks for the memories :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nearly shed a tear then BE. Thanks Des, you put this club back on top. Sad to see you go, but thanks again for your work.

Well said BE...he's been a legend of our mighty club both as a player and coach and must be applauded.

Has contributed greatly to some of Manly's greatest moments.

Hopefully he'll return one day in some capacity when the current board has been shown the door.

Thank you Des , you promised us back to back premierships and im sure you will deliver yet again.

I know Des is the ultimate professional but I think that first week he steps out in the blue & white & especially the first time the Dogs play Manly he will feel huge amount of emotion maybe even regret. Its going to be hard for everyone to see him in blue & white. But we still have the 2012 Premiers trophy to hold high so lets steer the boys with our support to do just that.

nothing but love for des.
Hes the man who returned our great club to the onfield power house we should be its tragic that his efforts havent been mirrored in the back office due to a few individuals.

As far as I'm concerned Des Hasler is the best coach Manly has ever had.

I was angry with him at first but I know it wasn't his choice... he was forced out. I'm still gutted he is going. It just won't be right seeing him in blue and white. I thank him sincerely but cannot wish him any luck at the Bulldogs.

To the loved & respected player & coach of the great Manly Club, I am as gutted as I was when Bozo signed with the Roosters, but can only thank you for the amazing memories you have left us.
Cheers

Bones, where's the evidence he was 'forced' out? Grown men make their own decisions and his time wasn't up till the end of next season, twelve months, and a board election, away. And Cambo, maybe you're to young to remember Ron Willey. Interesting though with Willey, after taking us to b2b wins 72 and 73, he left and went to a couple of other clubs without success.

Thanks for that BE.

Des will always be a legend in my mind and steered the ship back on course and for that I am grateful of what he has accomplished.

Not seeing him beyond 2013 in maroon and white will never be the same but I to hope that one day he will return to the Sea Eagle nest where he belongs.

DSM5 said:
Bones, where's the evidence he was 'forced' out? Grown men make their own decisions and his time wasn't up till the end of next season, twelve months, and a board election, away.

Can only go on my gut feel as we are told nothing as usual. If you have any evidence to the contrary then I'd be happy to have a look. I know you are a Manly fan, we all are, but that doesn't mean that every decision that the club makes is the right one. We can be disappointed in some decisions sometimes.

Hopefully we continue to treat Dessie like the Manly legend he is and act with class and dignity when he comes back as an opposition coach.

No matter what has happened, I'm sure when the dogs knife him in a few years, his heart will still be at Manly.Then he can sit with us and watch Toovs carry on the legacy.

Iv worshipped Des ever since he came to manly to replace my then favourite player Phil Blake. While everyone else had posters of supermodels on their folders in high school, I had a poster of Dessie!
Copped plenty of stick over my man love m, but wouldn't change a thing. It felt like I'd lost a family member when the news broke that he was leaving.
But on reflection it been one he'll of ride that's lasted over 20 years as player and coach. He's delivered us 4 premierships in that time, what else could u ask for.
Forever a manly legend.

Mauler, league happens to be a team sport. He played in two GF wins and coached a team to two GF wins. Let's not deify him yet.

Bones, I asked for evidence first.

DSM5 said:
Mauler, league happens to be a team sport. He played in two GF wins and coached a team to two GF wins. Let's not deify him yet.

Bones, I asked for evidence first.

Sorry , let me re phrase that- he was part of 4 premierships. Just got a bit carried away! Still a legend tho.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6