Des, Donny , whomever , please take note!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
By the way I do agree that this is a very optimistic suggestion as we will very likely have,

Exactly the same training
Exactly the same level of injuries
Exactly the same results on the paddock.

BUT, if the Cowboys can do it , so can we , it just needs a football department that’s on the same wavelength.

By the way I do agree that this is a very optimistic suggestion as we will very likely have,

BUT, if the Cowboys can do it , so can we , it just needs a football department that’s on the same wavelength.

Not EXACTLY the same - better (that's our goal). Better and more innovative. To be the best, you have to BEAT the best - not match them.

Jesus, I sound like Bozo ! hahaha

Not EXACTLY the same - better (that's our goal). Better and more innovative. To be the best, you have to BEAT the best - not match them.

Jesus, I sound like Bozo ! hahaha
I fear though ( we know Des loves his $$$) that all next year might be about is making the 8, if so Des won’t change anything and will have his fingers crossed for injuries to not cruel the year.

He won’t be doing it much to upset the players.

Just needs to win 12 -13 games not 9.

I fear though ( we know Des loves his $$$) that all next year might be about is making the 8, if so Des won’t change anything and will have his fingers crossed for injuries to not cruel the year.

He won’t be doing it much to upset the players.

Just needs to win 12 -13 games not 9.

14 games was the cutoff this year. And it's not that simple mate. Our roster has regressed badly. I know you keep saying we likely have a signing coming, but one player won't fill the gap of Taupau, Walker, Foran, Davey (probably 4 of our better - or at least most consistent players this past season).

Condon cannot and should not make this roster. He makes Kurt De Luis look like JWH. Tbh, on a real roster Tuilagi is also probably playing NSW Cup. He wouldn't get a sidewards glance at Penrith. We are going to need likely 2-3 of maybe the worst ever performing blacktown team to go to another level for us (because they are the players taking the top 30 squad spots atm) - Smalley, Vaega, Seci, Roumanos, Sykes, KDL, Boyle, Fifita, Fulton - I know some where playing SG Ball - but it's the same same.

The POSITIVE for us, is that players who can't make most other rosters will see us as an opportunity, so we may get a smokey, or diamond in the rough - but they are very rare

Fair 'nuff, but weren't the ST intelligentsia also complaining about injuries to players in the preseason?

So Manly are wrong for not flogging the players (though maybe they did)...yet...
Injuries meant that Manly were training them too hard.

?
Didn’t seem to affect the Cowboys , I reckon it’s our training methods ( old school maybe ).

I would hope our approach to sports management is a bit more nuanced than this
Whilst I’d agree with that ( and I’m sure the Cowboys success isn’t just “ flogging the **** out of them “) it would seem that whatever they are doing is working and whatever we are doing isn’t.

Our injury rate ( every bloody year) is horrendous, I know accidents happen and it’s a body contact sport but nevertheless why are we worse off than most sides in relation to this ??

Training
Rehab

Can only be that.

Last edited:

As long as we have a fullback (like Drinkwater) who is on the field more than 6 games.
As long as we have a center who is as quick and elusive as Holmes.
As long as we have a skillful game manager half like Townsend.
As long as we have damaging hard running backrowers like Nani, Leilua, Talmalolo, Gilbert
As long we have hard working props like Cotter, McLean, Hess
As long as we have a skillful elusine #9 like Robson

As long as we have a fullback (like Drinkwater) who is on the field more than 6 games.
As long as we have a center who is as quick and elusive as Holmes.
As long as we have a skillful game manager half like Townsend.
As long as we have damaging hard running backrowers like Nani, Leilua, Talmalolo, Gilbert
As long we have hard working props like Cotter, McLean, Hess
As long as we have a skillful elusine #9 like Robson
Not many ticks there BUT remember the Cowboys were awful last year and the team ( Townsend aside ) was largely the same.

I really think our issues are more about training , squad selection , injury management than anything else.

Oh sure some of our cattle look bog average BUT under a better system maybe they could be like the players mentioned above.

Cows ------- Manly
1. Drinkwater -------- Tom T
2. Feldt ------- Garrick
3. Holmes -------- Koula
4. Hiku ------------------ Parker
5. Taulagi --------------- Saab
6. Dearden -------------- Schuster
7. Townsend ------------- DCE
8. McLean ----------------- Aloiai
9. Robson -------------- Croker
10.Cotter ------------------- Keppie
11. Gilbert ----------------- Olakau'atu
12. Nanai ------------------ Tuilagi
13. Taumalolo ---------- Jake T

14. Hamiso -------------- Lawton
15. Leilua -------------- Paseka
16. Hess --------------- Sipley
17. Neame ------------ Bullemore/Condon/Boyle

So is our team on paper any worse or better than the Cows. I'd say even so it all comes down to fitness, attitude, training, coaching, tactics, on field leadership and desire. We have the personel to compete but we dont have all the other things to make a competative side.

Cows ------- Manly
1. Drinkwater -------- Tom T
2. Feldt ------- Garrick
3. Holmes -------- Koula
4. Hiku ------------------ Parker
5. Taulagi --------------- Saab
6. Dearden -------------- Schuster
7. Townsend ------------- DCE
8. McLean ----------------- Aloiai
9. Robson -------------- Croker
10.Cotter ------------------- Keppie
11. Gilbert ----------------- Olakau'atu
12. Nanai ------------------ Tuilagi
13. Taumalolo ---------- Jake T

14. Hamiso -------------- Lawton
15. Leilua -------------- Paseka
16. Hess --------------- Sipley
17. Neame ------------ Bullemore/Condon/Boyle

So is our team on paper any worse or better than the Cows. I'd say even so it all comes down to fitness, attitude, training, coaching, tactics, on field leadership and desire. We have the personel to compete but we dont have all the other things to make a competative side.
110%

I don’t think it’s the cattle , I think it’s all those other things mentioned which 100% comes down to the football department.

That’s where the heart of our issues lie.

I really think our issues are more about training , squad selection , injury management than anything else.

Throw in coaching ... we have looked clueless for several years ... I don't know what structures and patterns they run at training, but surely it can't be the one out runs and passing to flat footed playmakers 5m behind the line, like they do on game day ..

As for the "cattle" ... I have seen every single one of our top 19/20 players all have excellent 1st grade games .... why they don't produce that standard every week is just down right negligence on the part of the coaching staff ...

And if .. I say if ... it's all because Tom isn't there to create opportunities ... then again our coaching staff are just taking money under false pretences ....

Last edited:
Whilst I’d agree with that ( and I’m sure the Cowboys success isn’t just “ flogging the **** out of them “) it would seem that whatever they are doing is working and whatever we are doing isn’t.

Our injury rate ( every bloody year) is horrendous, I know accidents happen and it’s a body contact sport but nevertheless why are we worse off than most sides in relation to this ??

Training
Rehab

Can only be that.
And the previous year we were pretty lucky which also contributed to our year

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4