Des back at work.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And yet the best five eighth I've ever seen since the mid 60s was Wally Lewis, and he was big enough for the forwards and played lock often also. Size isn't an impediment for 5/8, as long as the player has good speed and turning ability, good defence, top passing skills and can make an impact against the defence. What small amounts of what I've seen of Schuster, he has all those qualities. I think young Fulton got it right. He has far more basic skill with the ball from what I've seen than Matterson, Graham and Stewart. Its a question as to whether he can bring that skill to first grade.

I hope he does play 5/8 so you can get it out of your system once and for all.

His pet play is to skip shoulders, dip in to the line and get a one handed offload away. He is an edge forward every day of the week.
Our forwards look as though they have the potential to be once generational. The nineties pack which consisted of Spud, Roberts, Gillespie, Toovey, Kosef, Gardner, Menzies and Hasler was probably the best I’ve seen us run out in the modern era... these boys may eventually surpass them.

Oh well. Seems I'm in the minority here. I'll stick with him at 5/8 but if he gets into the team as a forward, I'll be interested as well. Must admit I do get a set on players...must be a fixation of some type. Yep, some times I'm way off base. But I'll be very interested in how this all pans out over the next year or two. And I dont think there is any set standard of player type for many positions. The player makes the standard, not the standard makes the type of player. If he's good enough, he'll succeed. Its just we need an unpredictable good ball player at 5/8, which no matter the generation is the No 1essential for 5/8 . Walker is doing a pretty decent job, but I think he's wasted in close. He's an outstanding centre. But then I guess there's going to be a squabble for centre and wing positions over the next year with Walker, Suli (on the rise), Musgrove, Garrett, Taufua, Fast Albert, Ben T.,Parker and maybe Anderson (if he gets the lead out of his boots). And then in close we have DCE, Cust, Metcalfe. And then maybe Schuster. At this stage only DCE and Tom T seem assured of their specific backline position. Looking healthier by the year.

Last edited:
Our forwards look as though they have the potential to be once generational. The nineties pack which consisted of Spud, Roberts, Gillespie, Toovey, Kosef, Gardner, Menzies and Hasler was probably the best I’ve seen us run out in the modern era... these boys may eventually surpass them.

2008 grand final pack was equal in my opinion

Kite, josh perry, balin, watmough, glen hall, glen stewart, bench of beaver, jason king, mark bryant, heath lestrange

Its just we need an unpredictable good ball player at 5/8, which no matter the generation is the No 1essential for 5/8
I don't think we need 'unpredictable' but yes someone who can put a player in a gap, kick well and generally marshall the troops. At the end of the year Walker was showing those qualities and should be even better next year.
As for your fixation on certain players - give Jade Anderson a run, lol!

What the talk on jake and tommy. Has club started talking to them to re sign ?

I dare say they are already locked up. A few weeks ago I noticed Tom had a new partnership with a new sponsor. Could be new 3rd party with contract maybe??
Announcement to come in lead up to Xmas membership push I’m thinking.

No need to worry with Des in control

I dare say they are already locked up. A few weeks ago I noticed Tom had a new partnership with a new sponsor. Could be new 3rd party with contract maybe??
Announcement to come in lead up to Xmas membership push I’m thinking.

No need to worry with Des in control

Yep agree I would say the announcement will be made at the most opportune time.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8