Des back at work.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
We told you Des Hasler was straight back to work after Manly’s finals exit – and it’s already paying off.

The Sea Eagles have quietly added promising Newcastle centre Brayden Musgrove to their roster for 2020, quietly sneaking under the guard of rival clubs.

Musgrove has had his injuries problems but there is no doubting his ability.

And in big re-signing news, the much sough-after Josh Schuster has been retained for another couple of years.

Sea Eagles fans have been excited about this bloke for a while and Hasler has been careful to bring him along slowly.

Schuster, who can play five-eighth or backrow, represented NSW at under-18 level this year.

Blues 18s coach Mick Ennis had the following to say on him: “He's been a standout with a lot people talking about him. He’s a very skilful player. He carries the ball strongly and gets involved in the collision.”

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...al-weekend-hangover/jdbk4bny6wf51rrzwiysa8cx9

Trent Barrett has also been spotted preparing for work...

images (15).jpeg
NRL365AH-PANTHERS-PINT-GLASSES-CAN-COOLER.jpg
BCF_343746_hi-res.jpg

We are on track for another premiership title in the new decade

The only NRL team to do so in the modern era of the NRL

We are the most successful and greatest club in the modern era of the NRL

The Sea eagle premiership winning jigsaw puzzle is falling into place

Eagle-Jigsaw-Puzzle-15.jpg

Let’s not forget Football Department’s AND players work like we work , 48 weeks and 4 off, plus probably the Xmas break.

Most players not in rehab or not involved in end of year Tests would be on holidays now.

Not surprised Des is back , in fact he probably went back on the Monday after we lost.

This was straight from Zorba this morning on radio. Also said Walker had agreed to terms for another few years and we’d signed another young bloke from NZ. Mentioned that both Parker and Garrick will play in the PM’s XIII.

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/59/QdEEeq.mp3
Interesting that he also took a dig at TB and Lyal in the handling of the Gladstone saga and how they left Hastings out to dry. Zorba said that this would never have happened under Des' watch because he knows where his players are after dark. Also that Des would have had Hastings eating out of the palm of his hand from the beginning so things would never had gotten to the toxic stage that it did. I'd have to agree with the oversized greek man.

Interesting that he also took a dig at TB and Lyal in the handling of the Gladstone saga and how they left Hastings out to dry. Zorba said that this would never have happened under Des' watch because he knows where his players are after dark. Also that Des would have had Hastings eating out of the palm of his hand from the beginning so things would never had gotten to the toxic stage that it did. I'd have to agree with the oversized greek man.
Hastings killed it in uk

Let’s not forget Football Department’s AND players work like we work , 48 weeks and 4 off, plus probably the Xmas break.

Most players not in rehab or not involved in end of year Tests would be on holidays now.

Not surprised Des is back , in fact he probably went back on the Monday after we lost.
He was back at work on the Monday or Tuesday after the ‘08 win. Probably the same in ‘11.

If not for the Stewart saga, I think Manly were an excellent chance of going BTB in 2008-09.

Last edited:
Hindsight makes ZtC gloss over the disaster that Des caused by walking away.:confused:

Jacko has since admitted that he was a dckhead and regrets the crap he went on with up to leaving Oz :nerd:

Hindsight makes ZtC gloss over the disaster that Des caused by walking away.:confused:

Jacko has since admitted that he was a dckhead and regrets the crap he went on with up to leaving Oz :nerd:
I get Jacko was a dickhead and even by his own admission. But really do believe Des would have been better equipped to handle the situation and got the best out of him.

True, but blaming Baz is ridiculous as ZtC's mate Bozo appointed that newbie to the head job :cool:
I agree, in hindsight Baz should never have been appointed the head job. It was an error in judgment of Bozo in that regard. But the fact is TB accepted and should own his decisions and actions at the helm of the job, including the Gladstone saga. Baz's legacy as harsh as it may sound is of excuses. Blaming everything else but himself for his shortcomings and failures. Please don't give him a free pass by making excuses for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7