DeBellin to appeal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d just like to throw some thanks, and credit to the super smart and educated Sea Eagles who’ve posted in this thread... you simply do not see this sort of adult discussion on other boards, with an amazing amount of temperance, patience and intelligence on display, not too mention actual knowledge of the legal system and it’s intricacies...

Thank you all!!

* not you @Woodsie!!!

** just kidding @;):giggle:

I’d just like to throw some thanks, and credit to the super smart and educated Sea Eagles who’ve posted in this thread... you simply do not see this sort of adult discussion on other boards, with an amazing amount of temperance, patience and intelligence on display, not too mention actual knowledge of the legal system and it’s intricacies...

Thank you all!!

* not you @Woodsie!!!

** just kidding
When you've been a defendant so many times like so many posters on here you do gain some knowledge@:D

When you've been a defendant so many times like so many posters on here you do gain some knowledge@:D

Touché..... except given that line of thought, the Eels and Bulldogs’ forums should read like a legal dissertation written by a billionaire barrister :rofl:

The NRL claims to be worried that there will be less money for clubs if the off-field incidents continue a-pace.
Have they factored in the costs of giving clubs the replacement money of players stood down?
To date the NRL will have to stump up a reported $600,000 to Illawarra for de Belin's replacement. Then there is the potential costs for Walker and May (although I'm not sure about the latter's right for a replacement)
My point is, with the NRL going on its Stand Down Showdown they will have significantly less money in its coffers.
The Club pays for the new player and merely receive a Salary Cap overpayment exemption from the NRL.

Thats why Greenturd pointed out that very few Clubs have surplus funds to take up this newly created offer.

The Club pays for the new player and merely receive a Salary Cap overpayment exemption from the NRL.

Thats why Greenturd pointed out that very few Clubs have surplus funds to take up this newly created offer.
Oh. I see. Thanks for the clarification.
So it's the clubs who will be further in the red if they recruit a new player to replace the one Stood Down.

Oh. I see. Thanks for the clarification.
So it's the clubs who will be further in the red if they recruit a new player to replace the one Stood Down.
This procedure still mystifies me as the new player may not even get on the field if the charges are dropped or a quick trial resulted in a not guilty verdict.

Then a rich Club with a dckhead player or 2 could recruit 2 new players, have the 2 original players freed up to play and thus gain a 32 man squad to use for injured players later in the Season :banghead:

The fact clubs can’t afford one extra player while the NRL HQ was boasting about a 43M profit last year is pretty pathetic.

I hate you. I want to go there.

We are doing the Gibb River Road, up to Mitchell Falls then Kulumburu for ( yes some fishing).

Across to Broome for a week then up to Cape Leveque.

Should be great but I’ll be internet free for maybe a month so that might be fun.

But at least the Roosters, Storm and Broncos won’t be adversely affected should they find themselves faced with a player being punted under the “no fault” stand down policy... though, the Broncs can just instruct their players not to co-operate with the integrity unit and the NRL won’t do a thing about it.

... you simply do not see this sort of adult discussion on other boards, with an amazing amount of temperance, patience and intelligence on display
I haven't read this whole thread but I have to agree, all the discussion I've seen has been in constructive spirit.
Certainly some serious and tricky issues for the game, our club, and the wider community. This place is great for exchanging ideas and information. It's amazing how often I learn something and also clarify my own thoughts by reading what others post here.

I thought they said words to the effect of "some clubs won't be able to afford a replacement anyway".

Meaning that if the NRL allows cap dispensation, you can spend that money on a player to be included under the salary cap... But the club has to pay for it (on top of paying the player who has been stood down).
According to Turdburger not all clubs can afford to apply for cap relief..EXCEPT for the rorters scum and broncos. That's a very 'fair' system.

To me it should be simple.

The NRL rubs a player out then that club is granted cap exemption for the same dollar amount that they lose as a result.

If however the club decides not to take it to buy another player ( good example is Walker due to the relatively short time frame) then they don’t get that allowance.

In the case of De Bellin he could be out for 18 months , a season and a half so I reckon that’s fair.
We should still be financially compensated for the time Walker is out plus allowed to bring up another player from outside the 30 for that period.

Of course these muppets making policy on the run would never agree to that for Manly. Fuk I hate Greenturd more every day. Didn't think it possible.

This procedure still mystifies me as the new player may not even get on the field if the charges are dropped or a quick trial resulted in a not guilty verdict.

Then a rich Club with a dckhead player or 2 could recruit 2 new players, have the 2 original players freed up to play and thus gain a 32 man squad to use for injured players later in the Season :banghead:

Now you know why Nick supports the policy...

Thank you all!!

* not you @Woodsie!!!

You’re welcome

Now you know why Nick supports the policy...
Its such a loophole and no Journo has highlighted the rort that cashed up Clubs will employ.:confused:

Just a few years back Manly and the Riff had only about 19 fit players left by season's end.

This loophole would have been useful as it would not take much to 'set up' an injured player with a compromising video, then we could have bought in a fit Intrust player and fielded a fully fit team :wait:

Thank you all!!

* not you @Woodsie!!!

I've got nothing .... I still get a surprise every time one of you old props puts two words together without inserting "****ing" in between one of them .. out****ingstanding ...

We are doing the Gibb River Road, up to Mitchell Falls then Kulumburu for ( yes some fishing).

Across to Broome for a week then up to Cape Leveque.

Should be great but I’ll be internet free for maybe a month so that might be fun.
Had an apartment and office for years in Darwin Mark. Driven the Kimberley’s numerous times across to Broome then North or South.That’s a great trip you have planned. Caught many a Barra off the beaten track up there.North of Broome is magnificent. Enjoy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8