Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DeBellin to appeal

Sue

We are doing the Gibb River Road, up to Mitchell Falls then Kulumburu for ( yes some fishing).

Across to Broome for a week then up to Cape Leveque.

Should be great but I’ll be internet free for maybe a month so that might be fun.
Had an apartment and office for years in Darwin Mark. Driven the Kimberley’s numerous times across to Broome then North or South.That’s a great trip you have planned. Caught many a Barra off the beaten track up there.North of Broome is magnificent. Enjoy.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
The novel I wrote, Scent of the Beast, is mainly set in the Kimberley. Never been there. Critics commended the knowledge I had of the place, which made me laugh. Even gave me an award for it. Did a tonne of research, mind you, including with people who had been there. My answer to those who say how did you write about somewhere you've never visited. I say J.K. Rowling had never been to Hogwarts, Matthew Reilly had never been to the Antarctic, and Tolkien hadn't been to Middle Earth. I managed to avoid too much scrutiny by setting the story in the late 21st century. See how much I got wrong if you read it. Should have spoken with you Sue, for more background.

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Had an apartment and office for years in Darwin Mark. Driven the Kimberley’s numerous times across to Broome then North or South.That’s a great trip you have planned. Caught many a Barra off the beaten track up there.North of Broome is magnificent. Enjoy.
Thanks, yep going up to Cape Leveque ( planned trip) but we do have a bit of “ spare time”, my wife tells me if I go fishing she wants pearls.......lol

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The novel I wrote, Scent of the Beast, is mainly set in the Kimberley. Never been there. Critics commended the knowledge I had of the place, which made me laugh. Even gave me an award for it. Did a tonne of research, mind you, including with people who had been there. My answer to those who say how did you write about somewhere you've never visited. I say J.K. Rowling had never been to Hogwarts, Matthew Reilly had never been to the Antarctic, and Tolkien hadn't been to Middle Earth. I managed to avoid too much scrutiny by setting the story in the late 21st century. See how much I got wrong if you read it. Should have spoken with you Sue, for more background.
Well you get bonus points from me for referring to it correctly as the Kimberley (no 's'). I mentioned that earlier but deleted it as I didn't want Mark to think I was picking on him and I don't wanna be sued by Sue!

PS: I think I've read most of Reilly's books.

Sue

Thanks, yep going up to Cape Leveque ( planned trip) but we do have a bit of “ spare time”, my wife tells me if I go fishing she wants pearls.......lol
Great fishing around Derby Mark as well.Not sure if you want to shell out for a charter but the Sailfishing around Broome is sublime. We tagged 21 in a day on one trip.

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Great fishing around Derby Mark as well.Not sure if you want to shell out for a charter but the Sailfishing around Broome is sublime. We tagged 21 in a day on one trip.
Yeah I’m filling in a few days in Derby, who knows

Shoe1

In your description of the late 21st century how many back to back premierships do manly win?

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
I've got nothing .... I still get a surprise every time one of you old props puts two words together without inserting "****ing" in between one of them .. out****ingstanding ...
@:D@:D@:D

Love ya work Woodsie!!

My ghostwriter, on the other hand, speaks fluent “front row” after 10 beers and is a genius at making me sound slightly more intelligent than Justin Hodges :mm:

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
A new "no fault" stand down rule has been added to the NRL Rules. The new rule gives effect to the Policy announced by the Australian Rugby League Commission on 28 February 2019
More details: https://t.co/UD47choOgI
-----
New Breach notices issued to JDB, TM and Walker under this now official rule

Shoe1

“The NRL today approved the rule which will see the automatic “no fault” stand down of players charged with serious criminal offences.

“The NRL CEO will also be able to use his discretion to stand down players charged with other criminal offences, particularly those involving women and children.

“NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the new rule had been notified to NRL Clubs and three players – Jack de Belin (St George Illawarra Dragons), Dylan Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs) and Tyrone May (Penrith Panthers) have been advised that they have been stood down pending the outcome of their court cases.”

LOL the nrl think Dylan plays for Souths ...

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Adult novel?:giggle:

Cheeky. Very adult...wouldn't give to children. Basically police investigation, horror, a touch of hard core sci fi (not fantasy), suspense. Its actually two novels in one (700 pages) because originally intended as trilogy. Third instalment still be worked at. If you have Kindle costs you a little over $4, otherwise about $30-$40 soft cover. Give it a try. Would be interested in your viewpoint given your Kimberley experience. But sorry no fishing tips

The Who

Premium Member
“The NRL today approved the rule which will see the automatic “no fault” stand down of players charged with serious criminal offences.

“The NRL CEO will also be able to use his discretion to stand down players charged with other criminal offences, particularly those involving women and children.

“NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the new rule had been notified to NRL Clubs and three players – Jack de Belin (St George Illawarra Dragons), Dylan Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs) and Tyrone May (Penrith Panthers) have been advised that they have been stood down pending the outcome of their court cases.”

LOL the nrl think Dylan plays for Souths ...
Just wonder if giving one person the sole discretion to stand down players would stand up legally?

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Just wonder if giving one person the sole discretion to stand down players would stand up legally?

It could come out that no one has that right. The court case will be interesting. This Thursday with De Bellin isn't it?

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
March 12, 2019 4:58pm
John DeanFOX SPORTS
Jack de Belin withdraws interim injunction appeal

Jack de Belin has withdrawn his application for interlocutory relief.

St George Illawarra lock Jack de Belin has withdrawn his application for interlocutory relief in a bid to immediately play despite the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy.

That rule was put in place on Monday by the NRL with de Belin’s case originally to continue on Thursday, just hours before the first game of the season.

The Dragons named their team on Tuesday afternoon to play North Queensland on Saturday night, with de Belin left out of the 21-man squad.

A full hearing in the Federal Court will now take place on April 16.

“In the interim the No Fault Stand Down Rule will continue to apply to Jack de Belin and he will be stood down during this period,” an NRL statement said on Tuesday

https://twitter.com/FOXNRL/status/1105347363940458496?s=19

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I don't know about legally but it just looks amateurish. And so open to allegations of bias and favouritism its not funny.

The Who

Premium Member
March 12, 2019 4:58pm
John DeanFOX SPORTS
Jack de Belin withdraws interim injunction appeal

Jack de Belin has withdrawn his application for interlocutory relief.

St George Illawarra lock Jack de Belin has withdrawn his application for interlocutory relief in a bid to immediately play despite the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy.

That rule was put in place on Monday by the NRL with de Belin’s case originally to continue on Thursday, just hours before the first game of the season.

The Dragons named their team on Tuesday afternoon to play North Queensland on Saturday night, with de Belin left out of the 21-man squad.

A full hearing in the Federal Court will now take place on April 16.

“In the interim the No Fault Stand Down Rule will continue to apply to Jack de Belin and he will be stood down during this period,” an NRL statement said on Tuesday

https://twitter.com/FOXNRL/status/1105347363940458496?s=19
I bet the NRL breathed a sigh of relief when this news came through.

Mrs D

2019 Tipping Competitor
Probably a good decision he stood down and didn’t follow through with the appeal. He needs to step back and focus on his future with a baby and try and fix the off field drama and clear his head before he even considers playing again.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Probably a good decision he stood down and didn’t follow through with the appeal. He needs to step back and focus on his future with a baby and try and fix the off field drama and clear his head before he even considers playing again.
Importantly he hasn’t withdrawn the case altogether, just the application for interlocutory relief. The NRL has probably been negotiating this outcome since he launched the proceedings. It wouldn’t surprise me if a deal was struck for him to drop the application for interlocutory relief. They will still be trying to negotiate with him so he doesn’t take it all the way.

Staff online

• lsz
Top Bottom