DeBellin to appeal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing to really see here, this is more of a tactical move and financial move to strike out the interim injunction for JDB's benefit. An interim injunction is a decision that is made temporarily until the matter is heard in its entirety. However, if the injunction proceeds, the NRL mafia are entitled to put forward an estimated amount of compensation that they may suffer due to the temporary decision, until the matter is heard by the Federal Court. This could amount to hundreds of thousands, or even a few million.

JDB would then be forced to pay that estimated amount into the courts trust fund until the matter is decided by the full court. It becomes obvious that this might be way out of JDB's financial ability and really unnecessary as a the matter has been listed to be heard in one month or so.

Further, the move is also tactical in many respects.

1. If the argument is about restraint of trade and unconscionable conduct under Australian Consumer Law, if JDB is successful in his interim injunction application and is allowed to play in round one ( This argument cannot hold much weight because there is no restraint of trade if he is allowed to play in round 1). Moreover, to be the victim of unconscionable conduct a loss or damage must be suffered. If JDB is allowed to play in round 1, the arguments posed by his legal team will be a hard task getting over the line. The only argument here would be to his reputation, however, his legal team (from what I understand) have not fleshed out such grounds in the pleadings of the application.

2. By JDB standing down for 4 weeks and following the policy until the matter is heard by the Federal Court, now the grounds of restraint of trade and unconscionable conduct can easily be made out should they be successful at the hearing. This is because a loss or damage has been suffered as a result of the ridiculous policy.

3. By JDB standing down this also opens the door for the Dragons to be joined as a party to the proceedings later down the track, and also seek compensatory damages for the loss of not having JDB's services and any unnecessary changes to their roster because JDB was stood down incorrectly.

I await with anticipation that the NRL get slammed for this ridiculous policy and Greenturd is forced to swallow his pride.

But to prejudge opens a can of worms for several reasons, not the least being the arbitrary right of people like Greenberg to make virtually unilateral decisions often inconsistently determined, that makes him an overlord and judge of even the smallest of perceived indiscretions. He's not a solicitor, his degree is in sports training.e .

Exactly @Bearfax, for him to be the sole arbiter of moral standards is ridiculous.
This is a guy that puts his suit on everyday, looks at himself in the mirror and thinks "Yep, I look good."

What one person finds offensive there could be five others that thinks it's okay.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2