DeBellin to appeal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We can also see it this way . The player is an idol to many young Men and Woman and this serious charge that they have not been proven guilty of should not be a smear against them until proven guilty by a fair trial .
It is totally unfair to treat some one like a criminal when they have not been fairly convicted .

Plenty of people on remand who are yet to be convicted of anything.

It’s just

It’s just more visible to us cause we follow NRL more closely than other sports or professions
Below is a link on English footballers and that’s just one sport

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/859240-15-footballers-who-spent-time-in-jail

1. In a twist to what's usual Cotterill was jailed for something that happened ON the pitch. In a 2006 FA Cup match, while playing for Barrow, Cotterill punched Sean Rigg of Bristol Rovers. The shot left Rigg with a double fracture of the jaw, forcing him to eat with a teaspoon and drink through a straw.

After the incident was seen on Match of the Day that night in England, Cotterill was banned from all football by the English FA until March of 2007.

In January of 2007 Cotterill was sentenced to four months in prison after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm.
#14 above is interesting ... I have often wondered at what the outcome would have been if Walker had pressed charges against Curtis Scott for assault ...

Well Curtis would be sitting on the sideline until the case was concluded...in Toddy Land anyway.

Oh no, actually Toddys only getting tough on violence against women. Male on male assault is still ok.

Here's a pic of Toddy hiding behind his new policy if this goes to court...

shaq-zoom-cd2ab31b-dcc2-4dd9-ac84-cc37a34cd5ef.jpg

If the incident with Snake had happened now then he would have been suspended for effectively 2 full seasons. And he was completely innocent. Not many players can come back from a 2 year suspension when they have such a short rugby league career as it is.

Great example.

And could well be the same for De Bellin.

Anyone see Luke Lewis comments on NRL 360

Wasn’t referring to a specific case just the issue of women in general

They had blokes bandying around all sorts of excuses for bad behaviour including James Graham saying it was because they copped so many collisions!!

Lewis just said it’s garbage. He said f you don’t have the moral code to respect women then get the hell out of the game. Was really vehement. Said it’s a matter of personal responsibility not all this garbage about not being educated enough .

F..ck me do you really need to be educated about this stuff.Are they born in a jungle ...

Good to see a bloke say it how it is ... not all this politically correct sitting on the fence.

Anyone see Luke Lewis comments on NRL 360

Wasn’t referring to a specific case just the issue of women in general

They had blokes bandying around all sorts of excuses for bad behaviour including James Graham saying it was because they copped so many collisions!!

Lewis just said it’s garbage. He said f you don’t have the moral code to respect women then get the hell out of the game. Was really vehement. Said it’s a matter of personal responsibility not all this garbage about not being educated enough .

F..ck me do you really need to be educated about this stuff.Are they born in a jungle ...

Good to see a bloke say it how it is ... not all this politically correct sitting on the fence.

Saw it, and boy wasn’t he emotional and calling it from the heart.

Although let’s not forget ( and I may be wrong with the dates ) but wasn’t he playing with Todd Carney at the Sharks when he supposedly glassed his girlfriend.

If so his moral compass wasn’t great back then!!

But agree his words were spot on.

• Clever
Reactions: Sue

Although let’s not forget ( and I may be wrong with the dates ) but wasn’t he playing with Todd Carney at the Sharks when he supposedly glassed his girlfriend.

I wouldn’t like to be the bloke he does call out. Strikes me as one tough hombre !

Don’t you mean Greg Bird?

Wasn't that Greg Bird ??
But going off his chat on the NRL footy show, he did mention pulling players aside and told em "pull your head in" and I think he would not be as gentle in person when doing so. Maybe a few copped a decent spray and some sore ribs at training as a wake up call. I'm all about where Lewis is going and not just the factor of the attacks on woman. Some of these players lack a general respect and this is just an area coming out atm. There's a way to have fun, enjoy a party without verbally or physically abusing people and the problem we have, are those few players who lack the integrity and human values that cake mud on the entire league community, which is unfair big time.
The way I read the Lewis yarn, was not having to be prosecuted at a trial to be guilty, just have decent moral fibre and respect in general, though obviously has a sour point on the back of seeing his mum go through hell.
Many of these issues are not so much just rape, bashing type allegations, more players who get on the sauce and think they can get away with anything.

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue

Wrong player, wrong timeframe @Mark from Brisbane

Greg Bird is the glasser, and Luke Lewis was still at Penrith then. Bird had scarpered off to the Tits several seasons before Lewis ended up at Cronulla.

Wasn't that Greg Bird ??
But going off his chat on the NRL footy show, he did mention pulling players aside and told em "pull your head in" and I think he would not be as gentle in person when doing so. Maybe a few copped a decent spray and some sore ribs at training as a wake up call. I'm all about where Lewis is going and not just the factor of the attacks on woman. Some of these players lack a general respect and this is just an area coming out atm. There's a way to have fun, enjoy a party without verbally or physically abusing people and the problem we have, are those few players who lack the integrity and human values that cake mud on the entire league community, which is unfair big time.
The way I read the Lewis yarn, was not having to be prosecuted at a trial to be guilty, just have decent moral fibre and respect in general, though obviously has a sour point on the back of seeing his mum go through hell.
Many of these issues are not so much just rape, bashing type allegations, more players who get on the sauce and think they can get away with anything.

Bird left the Sharks in 09, Lewis didn’t end up there until 2013. While I definitely get the impression Lewis wouldn’t hesitate to have words with teammates when warranted, he and the glasser were never at the same club at the same time.

Saw a very very famous Raider international punching wildly at a woman in the early hours in the Valley in Brisbane years ago.

Headed over to try to stop him. Luckily I distracted him and she ran into a nearby unit complex. He came at me but was so blind and I was so twinkle toed I made it out alive.

It was seriously scary ****. She was a tiny thing. He could have killed her.

Not much has changed obviously

Good news these days is domestic violence gets called out now. In my fathers era it was swept under the carpet

Last edited:
I know nothing about the law BUT logically thinking of it, I would agree with that comment.

I think he’ll win the injunction, but may not win when it gets to court.

Meaning he, Napa, Bolton & Walker can be picked for round 1.
I would say you're correct Mark, I can't really see the Federal Court dismissing his appeal, they'll say the natural course of justice hasn't taken place.

Wrong player, wrong timeframe @Mark from Brisbane

Greg Bird is the glasser, and Luke Lewis was still at Penrith then. Bird had scarpered off to the Tits several seasons before Lewis ended up at Cronulla.
I think you'll find Greg Bird was found not guilty of glassing his girlfriend but that's OK, a lot of people still call out Snake as a rapist too.

Another Turdburger special.

JDB currently free to play as the NRL haven’t actually enacted their law as yet.

So the court resumes next Thursday ( kick off day) to rule on it if they in fact do.

Comedy hour!!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8