De$ Hasler - 4 years at Dogs and how many premierships?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They actually have a pretty good team, only trouble is that in 2014 the Vermin were better and in 2015 the Rorters had more paper bags than they did.

Lol at Ha$ler could not happen to a nicer prick!

Well their plan was to have two premierships by 2019, so that now means two of the next four.
Good luck with that.

How long does a super coach need to build a gf winning team, he has an unlimited budget, if he buys the wrong players with that budget surely that is a fail on his part

2012 - Minor Premiers - Runners Up
2013 - 6th - Eliminated Wk1
2014 - 7th - Runners Up
2015 - 5th - Eliminated in Semi Final

He's done alright, but hasn't delivered the big prize that everyone craves.

I think they'll be Ok next year. Hodkinson isn't a massive loss, but a halves pairing of Reynolds and Mbye do have a few issues, but there is talent there. Pritchard isn't the be all and end all of that pack. They have Shaun Lane to cover that, and of course T-Rex might step up next year ;) I expect they'll be thereabouts next season again.
Hodgko was on fire before injury. Pritchard's been there most dangerous forward coming in on the left edge. Sean Lane? Yeah he's good. Trex? Never really hit form, and couped with injury - can't see him coming back with 2010/11 form (sh#t it's been 5 years).

Doesn't mean that Des can't try and fix some players up. But there's some work to do.

Finally, even with those issues, can anyone not say that they will still be ahead of us next season?

I think with the cattle he has had, Des has done an excellent job to make two grand finals.
It's not his fault they busted this year IMHO.
I also think they will get better in coming years but they need players who can handle pressure better than Rona and Mbye who werre absolute rubbish.

I care. Because his arrogance at leaving Manly high and dry was the ultimate betrayal of trust. He should never ever be welcomed back.

He even tried to take the Tbojevic brothers.

He has the 2nd best resources in all the comp at the Dogs, and has failed to deliver the premiership they payed big bucks for.

I care. Because his arrogance at leaving Manly high and dry was the ultimate betrayal of trust. He should never ever be welcomed back.

He even tried to take the Tbojevic brothers.

He has the 2nd best resources in all the comp at the Dogs, and has failed to deliver the premiership they payed big bucks for.
Yeah suck sh#t Des. Hope they fail a premiership next year as well. Hope we overtake them sooner or later. Come on Barrett, get it done:exclamation:

I don't mean to be controversial but I still rate Des as our greatest coach. Bozo could obviously coach too but Jack Gibson was a little better at that time .
I remember Gibson being asked what his secret was and he simply answered the players .
Although it is surely the job of the head coach to assemble the team .
Des has had time at the Poodles to stamp his mark .

I don't mean to be controversial but I still rate Des as our greatest coach. Bozo could obviously coach too but Jack Gibson was a little better at that time .
I remember Gibson being asked what his secret was and he simply answered the players .

Maybe he still has 0.1% of Manly blood running through him, which subconsciously wont allow him to complete the premiership puzzle at the dogs. :pointup:

I was saying last week that Des had supernatural powers with the constant close wins.

However in his 4 years 2012 is the only year they were really dominant.

I'll never forget the arrogance of dogs fans in 2011 when they signed him to his first four year deal, saying how they fully expected him to deliver at least one premiership in that time.
It makes me so, so happy that he hasn't.

Des never got us an MP
Equal premierships

I'll never forget the arrogance of dogs fans in 2011 when they signed him to his first four year deal, saying how they fully expected him to deliver at least one premiership in that time.
It makes me so, so happy that he hasn't.
Yeah, never forget some of the crap they spewed back then:
"Buy a Manly staff, get two free"
"Even Manly hates Manly - blah blah"

"Geoff Toovey the waterboy".

And people wonder why my contempt for them will never die.

The problem Des has right now is his squad is stacked to a point where there is no room to move in the cap. He has a ridiculous forward pack and acceptable backs but The Dogs cannot afford to replace their weaknesses with better players. Take Foran for example, Des Hasler was very interested in him in order to strengthen up their halves, but he couldn't throw nearly as much money at him as Parra and we did, so he had to withdraw from that race. All of his money is going into keeping his players around.

It was a problem Manly had from 2007 to only recently, we couldn't get anyone decent on the market because we were spending all of our cap space to keep people like Watmough and the Stewarts. We either had to purchase no frills players or we upgrade people from reserve grade. Thing is, our squad back then was good enough to win two premierships, but I just don't think the Bulldogs squad is good enough with their lackluster halves.

Des is someone who is famous for always keeping players he wants to stay, but he needs to change that. He needs to let one of his forwards like Klemmer or Jackson go and spend their money on a half, because if you take one or even two of those Bulldogs forwards out of the side and they will still have a great forward pack, and then they would have the money to get a decent halves pairing as well.

You're right on the money and that's why Manly were so smart resigning the best half in the competition . Props are very important but you need a gun halfback to win a competetion .
Yeah I admit it Thurston is better but DCE is younger.

I could not care less how little success Des the Dog has. I've been death riding his Scumdogs from the day his traitorous ass showed up there.

While Guzzler seems like a decent enough guy, their fans are a pack of bottom feeders. I'm glad they got flogged. They'll finish lower in 2016 than they did this year.

Losing your starting hooker and halback (and goalkicker) will generally kill off most teams finals chances. Unless you're the rorters.

Lichaa is a talent. Not sold on Reynolds and Mbye as a pairing though.

The suspensions really derailed their season and probably cost them a top 4 spot.

They'll be in the top 4 next year, and as much as I despise them they have a better roster than us right now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6