• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
In the QLD Sunday paper the only article related to Manly was the DCE contract rejection blah while there was a massive story on the bongos who lost on Friday. Being a Manly supporter in QLD really sucks regarding media coverage.
The kid is contracted 'til the end of 2013. I certainly hope both him and Foz sign long contracts soon but as many are saying on here instead of worrying about what's happening week by week we're speculating about future years.
The media is going to keep this up all year. The Stewart to St George rubbish sent me into a spin and it was all a load of ****e as the dragqueens don't want him.
News Ltd - you suck!
Grab a pen DCE. You're in the best place. Stay here.

Those 4 sentences in the paper are the highlight of my week lol

At least the speculation is about us re-signing players, not poaching players.
The only things other clubs can fantasise about is gaining a Manly player for next season to bolster their chances of success.
We have the best players, the best culture, and have set the benchmark.
There is Manly-envy out there folks. It's behind every speculative story you read.

mickqld said:
No way we MUST sign both. These 2 will deliver more premierships. That means more sponsors more dollars more exposure. Their play will draw crowds not just at home for us but away as well. People will pay to se these 2 players do what they can do best. Provide excitement and flair. Split them up and the game will be poorer for it.

Agree 100% I prefer to lose other high profiles players that are getting older over these two young champions.

The Who said:
At least the speculation is about us re-signing players, not poaching players.
The only things other clubs can fantasise about is gaining a Manly player for next season to bolster their chances of success.
We have the best players, the best culture, and have set the benchmark.
There is Manly-envy out there folks. It's behind every speculative story you read.

Sooo true, everyone hates us but everyone wants to be us. The dirty Dogs supporters at my work fap over wanting Foran but love putting crap on Manly. They can all go and get stuffed!!!

mickqld said:
No way we MUST sign both. These 2 will deliver more premierships. That means more sponsors more dollars more exposure. Their play will draw crowds not just at home for us but away as well. People will pay to se these 2 players do what they can do best. Provide excitement and flair. Split them up and the game will be poorer for it.

As i mentioned in my post the benefits you mention in relation to keeping both do exist(increased sponsorship,crowds merchandise sales G/F windfall etc etc) but the increased expenditure to attain this outcome still creates a shortfall---most clubs are in debt even after winning or playing a GF.

We lack the infrastructure to create a better yield return from home games during our glory day periods and with Australia having a small population less opportunities exist for major sponsorship packages.

Yes i would love to keep both but at the moment in the current climate there is no financial benefit in doing so.

I just hope we have "creative accountants" and wealthy out of the limelight individuals willing to help our cause behind the scenes purely out of love for the club---we all know it has happened in the past and we do it best.

Technical Coach said:
mickqld said:

As i mentioned in my post the benefits you mention in relation to keeping both do exist(increased sponsorship,crowds merchandise sales G/F windfall etc etc) but the increased expenditure to attain this outcome still creates a shortfall---most clubs are in debt even after winning or playing a GF.

We lack the infrastructure to create a better yield return from home games during our glory day periods and with Australia having a small population less opportunities exist for major sponsorship packages.

Yes i would love to keep both but at the moment in the current climate there is no financial benefit in doing so.

I just hope we have "creative accountants" and wealthy out of the limelight individuals willing to help our cause behind the scenes purely out of love for the club---we all know it has happened in the past and we do it best.
TC with your use of the term 'creative accountants' surely you are not suggesting cap cheating? If so go to Melbourne.

niccipops said:
Technical Coach said:
mickqld said:

TC with your use of the term 'creative accountants' surely you are not suggesting cap cheating? If so go to Melbourne.

No comment.

Melbourne is a nice place though can think of a more worse case scenario.

Jonesyv2 said:
I see it differently, whilst loyalty is a nice thing if it happens it is pretty much dead. Players have a window to earn as much $ as they can . So much needs to line up at this time of negotiation and one serious injury can kill their earning potential in a second. You cant blame them at all. And they owe the club nothing they are an employee just like most people at their jobs.

My work history has no loyalty last job move my old employer offered me a small pay rise of about 2% i then hit seek and got a job with 12% more just by moving on, i see it as if i can get a bigger rise doing the same work why not? Sure i am still young and i can afford to do this but the days of people staying in places for 20 years is drawing to an end.

I hope they all stay though dce would be my #1 pick he is a superstar
U have nailed it jonesy. The normal punter like us has 40+ years to set ourselves up for life. These blokes are lucky to have 10. Clubs are quick to move players along too nowadays it's a business and it's been that way since April 1 1995.

Nuttybott said:
And he will certainly never be in another Premiership-winning team... :D

Nuttybott.....you have reported a post for indecent language and upon cursory examination im unable to find any post that contravenes the terms of service. If you need to discuss further please private message (PM) me as you have have private messaging disabled so i am unable to PM you.

Jatz Crackers said:
Nuttybott said:
And he will certainly never be in another Premiership-winning team... :D

Nuttybott.....you have reported a post for indecent language and upon cursory examination im unable to find any post that contravenes the terms of service. If you need to discuss further please private message (PM) me as you have have private messaging disabled so i am unable to PM you.
Are you blind jatz.
It's in this thread bro people keep says the s word the one that rhymes with mouths.

Cambo said:
Are you blind jatz.
It's in this thread bro people keep says the s word the one that rhymes with mouths.

Must be that selective vision of mine again. I have an S supporter in my family.......aaarrrggggghh............god help me.

Jatz Crackers said:
Cambo said:
Are you blind jatz.

Must be that selective vision of mine again. I have an S supporter in my family.......aaarrrggggghh............god help me.
You know wat they say I can choose your friends but u can't choose family.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
torana355 said:
This is why we are going to lose some high profile players, DCE and Foran will command a large chunk of the cap but its worth it imo.

Yes, but the club still needs to hurry the hell up and sign them both. That way when players do leave at least we'll have something to be happy about.

The club have been trying to get both to upgrade their contracts since September. both boys have been saying that want to stay and thay have said repeatedly they're certain they wil stay but both havent accepted offers yet.

Sounds familliar doesnt it a bit like a couple of turncoats from last season. I cant see how Souths could afford DCE they must be very close to the cap. We need to sign Foran and DCE on good coin and then shift a few players on to get the cash. Why did DCE put on his facebook page "signing back to Manly with keiran" if he wants more money. Sounds like his agent is trying to screw us.

I think a big problem for us is that the bulldogs know exactly how much we can spend as Des and Crusher managed our roster for years. These jerks will stop at nothing to poach our players.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6