• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
He has knocked back a contract offer from Manly on Monday with his manager saying they need more. They expect Manly to make an attractive offer and have in sorted out soon

Souths are going to enter in the bidding war and are going to make him their number 1 target.

Manly need to hurry up and get DCE and Foran signed up long term before we get out priced.

There's a report in "The Herald" today about Souths trying to "sneak under Manly's guard". Do we even have a guard? Seems like anybody can sneak under it at will.

This is why we are going to lose some high profile players, DCE and Foran will command a large chunk of the cap but its worth it imo.

torana355 said:
This is why we are going to lose some high profile players, DCE and Foran will command a large chunk of the cap but its worth it imo.

Yes, but the club still needs to hurry the hell up and sign them both. That way when players do leave at least we'll have something to be happy about.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
torana355 said:

Yes, but the club still needs to hurry the hell up and sign them both. That way when players do leave at least we'll have something to be happy about.

I know that but its obvious we are trying to keep everyone by not offering DCE as much as he wants. I think the club needs to start thinking about who they can let go so we can afford to sign DCE and Foran up.

Am I the only one who is getting tired of where players are are going to play next year, instead of who we are playing next week. Deadset I consider myself a fairly patient person but all this player speculation is really is starting to piss me off...Rant over.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
torana355 said:

The club have been trying to get both to upgrade their contracts since September. both boys have been saying that want to stay and thay have said repeatedly they're certain they wil stay but both havent accepted offers yet.

manlyborn said:
Am I the only one who is getting tired of where players are are going to play next year, instead of who we are playing next week. Deadset I consider myself a fairly patient person but all this player speculation is really is starting to piss me off...Rant over.

No you're not the only one. This is a rediculous situation and something the NRL needs to sort out. Fans and sponsors who put money into the NRL deserve better treatment than this.There needs to be a transfer/contract window of say 3 months after seasons end where contracts can be negotiated and that is it. I'm sick of this bull**** going on when I just want to watch the team and who we play next week not where they are going to end up next year.

From todays Telecrap -
DALY Cherry-Evans knocked back a new four-year deal with the Sea Eagles just hours before leading his side to a come-from-behind victory over the Tigers.

In a dramatic twist in the race to secure the game's hottest prospect, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the 2011 rookie of the year is being hunted by several rival clubs.

Cherry-Evans, who burst on to the NRL scene last year, turned down the club's latest offer on Friday in a refusal that is likely to start a bidding war.

He is contracted with Manly until the end of 2013.

"They came to us with an offer on Friday," said Cherry-Evans' manager, Gavin Orr. "We had a look and it wasn't quite where we want it. We told them to go back and see if they can work a few things out."

If players are offered a decent amount by us, and want more than we can honestly give them, then they can go imo. With tax taken into account there's not much difference between 400K and 450 K really. What needs to happen is an independent audit firm needs to get involved in the NRL. Some of these clubs seem to have a disproportionate bunch of highly paid players and still have the readies to throw money at other players. .

If we have to let several players go just to boost Cherry Evans and Forans contract I just let one of the 2 go. I'm not happy about the Brett Stewart situation but hopefully Manly sort the **** real soon. We dont want Brett to sign anywhere else till Foran and Cherry Evans have been secured to Manly deals!

mickqld said:
manlyborn said:

No you're not the only one. This is a rediculous situation and something the NRL needs to sort out. Fans and sponsors who put money into the NRL deserve better treatment than this.There needs to be a transfer/contract window of say 3 months after seasons end where contracts can be negotiated and that is it. I'm sick of this bull**** going on when I just want to watch the team and who we play next week not where they are going to end up next year.

totally agree, the NRL has to realise that when there's more contract talks in the papers / news than there is reporting on the games being played, they have a problem. in many cases, any publicity is good publicity, but not in this case, it takes away from what their main product is, and that's on the field action. if there was more focus on the games/ the action, then maybe more sponsors would start sniffing around the game, but with all the negative headlines, arguments over a clearly crap system, player agents leaking anything they can to drive up prices etc, who'd want their company involved. there's more to the game than a tv deal, something the nrl don't seem to think.

mickqld said:
manlyborn said:

It is out of control, but seriously this is all media hype and another attempt by the media to try and ruin our season. The media know that this season is a one horse race and they will do anything to bring us down. Contract negotiations happen every week, but it's only our guys that get all the attention. Classic example was Beau Scott, no one had any idea he was jumping ship to the knights, until Friday

Souths aren't the only ones. Newcastle seem to be operating on an unlimited cap these days. If Beau Scott is worth $2 million over four years, how much is DCE worth? And Foran? And Gifty?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2