DCE vs Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d have Wolf, Hoppa and Robbo all over Garrick if we’re going peak Manly performances.

I am going to say that if you put Garrick in his 2021-present form outside 2011 - 2013 DCE + Glenn Stewart + Jamie Lyon, then he'd have both Williams and Hopoate easily covered.

He's basically a taller and heavier Robbo with comparable speed, plus goal kicking. He has turned out to be an extremely good signing.

I am going to say that if you put Garrick in his 2021-present form outside 2011 - 2013 DCE + Glenn Stewart + Jamie Lyon, then he'd have both Williams and Hopoate easily covered.

He's basically a taller and heavier Robbo with comparable speed, plus goal kicking. He has turned out to be an extremely good signing.

Easily covered? Haha no way. Garrick was playing with god mode Turbo in 2021 with the game entirely favouring attack.

Wolf represented Australia and NSW in a pretty strong era. He was a beast for a year or two there.

Hoppa got picked for NSW at a young age based on his performances. Strong, great under the high ball, great yardage out of our own end.

Just hope that Manly can hang onto Garrick long term , just as was the case with Robbo and the Wolfman .Shame that Will Hoppa went into blatant mercenary mode but never seemed to show the same good level form after his Manly stint. Unquestionably Garrick has shown the same versatility value and high standard [ now ] play that Robbo did . Wolfman at his best was formidable as a finisher . Actually think that Garrick is a slightly better broken field runner then the other grouping here but guess that it can all be subjective again . Ruben "s goal kicking can be impressive naturally but would have been very helpful of course to have been a bit more accurate on a couple of occasions this season

Geeze the Ox hate in that second one, less than a year after leading them to a 40-0 GF win. That said, I remember him getting bagged during 2008, some were probably crucifying him for missing a few conversions in the GF.

Oh yeah he was hammered after we touch up a couple of times late in 2008 vs Bunnies and Roosters to name just a couple of games.

He was as polarising as DCE.

Hopoate jnr was too slow to be a winger. In the 2011 gf robbo moved to hopoate's spot specifically to take the glenn stewart grubber because he was a lot faster than hoppa.

There's two DCE's in my book. DCE pre Titans backflip 8 year massive contract and DCE post Titans backflip 8 year massive contract. Or more simply up to and including 2015 and then 2016 and beyond
Very good point C & C about the early part of his career v later years although personally I don’t characterise that as ‘pre and post backflip and massive contract’.

Sure the backflip and contract go towards why he’s disliked, but don’t especially explain his halted development as a player. Maybe he just reached his ceiling. Or maybe a combination of factors eg struggles of a champion side in terminal decline, front office and coaching instability, and seasons lost in an unsuccessful rebuild attempt.

In 2015 well before a ball was kicked there was media talk of player unrest and dumping the coach. That was the year of the contract dramas, Tooves eventually (and painfully) sacked, Manly was a mess all year, missing the finals in a preview of what was to come.

By 2016 Lyon Matai and Snake were still technically present but didn’t play much, Ballin Foran Hiku were gone, while Kite, Gifty, Choc, King and Rose were distant memories. The instant rebuild featuring Barrett Taupau and Walker sputtered fizzled and ultimately crashed, pretty much a waste of 3 years.

DCE in his early years had looked to have almost unlimited potential but you’re right he just hasn’t quite gone on with it and kept improving as we’d all hoped. And he hasn’t been able to lead Manly back to the top of the heap.

He’s still been pretty good though, just not consistently dominant. And usually rates high on our MVP (lol, yes I concede Silvertails members on the whole are terrible judges but we do watch Manly closely and often our own harshest critics, so must count for something!)

2021 – 2nd in MVP
2020 – MVP
2019 - 3rd
2018 – 2nd
2017 – MVP
2016 – not placed
2015 – 3rd

Ox is much better.
DCE is hopless. he is a little girl. afraid to hit the line and get hurt.(i've never seen him get tackled with the ball in 80 minutes of footy)
That stupid pass on cows line and dropping the ball resulted in a length of the field try by cows. It was tackle 1 damn it with a few minutes left.
Nup, don't agree. He's hit the line plenty of times. You obviously don't watch too closely. Regardless of the BS anti cherry sheep mentality that goes on at times here, he's our captain so show a modicum of respect.

DCE’s skill set is IMO better but his poor decision making pulls him back to level pegging in my book for what it’s worth.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6