DCE Tonight on Fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Even at Holden Cup with Foran and DCE, Buhrer was captain. DCE is well spoken but he’s not a captain, he’s the Malcolm Turnbull of Manly, a genius in his own right, but he can’t lead the team.

I thought he represented the players and the club very well. Nice one Chez. Can’t wait until our club turns everything around... The Turbos get even better, the young blokes continue to develop, we add a couple of hard working, talented players, and Chezza lifts the trophy.

F#ck hard to please. Only bloke in the whole club who has fronted up. From what I saw he answered the questions.

Was going to be a disappointment from his girly, veiled, evasive answer to the first question. Talked tough at the press conference and caved when given the opportunity to expand on that.

It was telling that he supported Barrett by saying his own game had improved under Barrett but failed to see that the team had gone backwards. Perfect summary really.

I think DCE is a talented player and always puts the effort in. So I have no issue there. I just find him disingenuous in the way he speaks. Don't get me wrong, he is intelligent and speaks eloquently. However, I feel he isnt actually speaking from the heart. One of the times he did let his emotions override him was at the post match presser where he spoke up for TB and alluded to the issues of our club. He cut his tongue and said that he will reveal all at an appropriate time. When he does I don't think his responses will be so scathing.. it will be a typically manufactured political response.

Good interview from DCE which he handled well in the circumstances. I normally give that show a miss, inane questions most of the time, but saw he was going to be on so watched it, that thing on the end of the panel with the Mal Meninga eyebrows kept asking the same stupid question

I always find this DCE isn't a captain stuff laughable. Last season he was good enough to lead a team that wasn't meant to be there into the finals, and was in the running for captain of the year. Jake as captain would worry me in regards to being too emotional dealing with the refs at times and ending up in the bin

Im all for having an opinion but some of you guys theses day's I swear are just here because you enjoy a death ride.

I could get up and fly around the room right now and you'd all be like, he didn't even go that high.

I watched it and thought he was very impressive, answered the questions honestly and didnt hide behind a lot of cliches, didnt give half answers or run from any question as whats been happening with any other Manly interview
Sadly on this site its more about tearing down anything Manly than supporting

Was going to be a disappointment from his girly, veiled, evasive answer to the first question. Talked tough at the press conference and caved when given the opportunity to expand on that.

If you were in his position what would you say?
Lay it all out on the table and risk your livelihood?

There is probably heaps he wants to say but as the captain and face of the Sea Eagles he needed to be measured with his responses, which he was.
I get that some people don't like that but they may also be the type to cut off their nose to piss their face off.

I'm sure Lyall and co have sat down and discussed the appropriate dialogue that can and can't be said, if Barrett can't answer certain questions due to legal reasons
then it stands to reason that maybe others can't either.
He seemed to know where to skirt around the edges of certain questions that gave just enough, the hosts were obviously pushing to get more but also knew they weren't going to get any massive scoops.

Sure, I didn't get any juicy goss out of it, but then I don't really know what I was expecting him to say anyway and I came away from it more buoyed than depressed so that's a bonus - not that it's too hard currently.
The easy out would've been that he was unable to fulfill his guest spot on the show but that would only encourage his detractors to say he was dogging it.

Poor bugger, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Even at Holden Cup with Foran and DCE, Buhrer was captain. DCE is well spoken but he’s not a captain, he’s the Malcolm Turnbull of Manly, a genius in his own right, but he can’t lead the team.
Well if there's one thing we can be sure of is that the drama at Manly doesn't hold a candle up to Aussie politics.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2