DCE .. The answer is nigh.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Reports today that DCE may be played in the utility role at the World Cup .. and has been sighted training at dummy half ..

It seems we may get the answer to the question many have posed ... can or will DCE follow in the glorious footsteps of other legendary Manly half-backs ... and finish with cauliflower ears ... (do hookers still pack into the front row?) ..

The game against Lebanon just became very interesting ...

I was going to start a poll about whether you think he will nail it ... but Global only lets me do 1 poll a month .. something about the responsible serving of polls ...

Personally have posted he would be good in this position and add impact in an area we lack, explosive quicks out of dummy half and this would also allow him to simply "distribute" or "run" depending on markers and momentum.
To answer the question, I feel he will stay at 7 at club level, though I lack faith in his organising skills and game management at times, he is still overall a top flight NRL halfback and let's be honest, often our forward pack has been bashed up to the point any half would struggle.

Unless he's magically developed organising skills over there (I'm so over the 'DCE needs an organising 6' mantra) I hope he's a revelation when he's in the dummy half role and Super Seibold (gotta start confident) sees it and makes the bold move (yes I did that) and moves him to 9.

Serious question , I wonder if Seibold / Flannagan would make a tough decision and play DCE at 9 , elevating either Humphreys / John’s ( assuming he’s signed ) into the 7 role??

Really , and depending on if the youngsters are up for it , it isn’t a bad idea.

You’d get a crisp passing 9, you’d get a 9 who could “ dart through a hole “ , you’d have an additional kicker , not sure if he’s up for the number of tackles but if it’s golden point you’ve got the best in the business.

Could maybe work.

Reports today that DCE may be played in the utility role at the World Cup .. and has been sighted training at dummy half ..

It seems we may get the answer to the question many have posed ... can or will DCE follow in the glorious footsteps of other legendary Manly half-backs ... and finish with cauliflower ears ... (do hookers still pack into the front row?) ..

The game against Lebanon just became very interesting ...

I was going to start a poll about whether you think he will nail it ... but Global only lets me do 1 poll a month .. something about the responsible serving of polls ...
Why are we worried about the Polls, we should be concerned for the Ukranians.

Unless he's magically developed organising skills over there (I'm so over the 'DCE needs an organising 6' mantra) I hope he's a revelation when he's in the dummy half role and Super Seibold (gotta start confident) sees it and makes the bold move (yes I did that) and moves him to 9.
Agree Budgie, DCE would be a revelation at hooker/dummy half. Would be dangerous in the last 15mins of each half in attack. Line and field position kicks from dummy half will be a bonus for us. Has good speed of the mark and shouldn't have any trouble being a front line defender.

Agree Budgie, DCE would be a revelation at hooker/dummy half. Would be dangerous in the last 15mins of each half in attack. Line and field position kicks from dummy half will be a bonus for us. Has good speed of the mark and shouldn't have any trouble being a front line defender.
But a 34, will he still have the energy in last 15 mins to be dangerous when he's been making all the tackles he'll need to make?

Yes, I'll give him that. But I'm also wondering if he'd actually LIKE making all those tackles.
Short answer...probably not. Think he needs to put the team first, and Croker can come on in certain stages of the game to be that relief that maybe needed.

Serious question , I wonder if Seibold / Flannagan would make a tough decision and play DCE at 9 , elevating either Humphreys / John’s ( assuming he’s signed ) into the 7 role??

Really , and depending on if the youngsters are up for it , it isn’t a bad idea.

You’d get a crisp passing 9, you’d get a 9 who could “ dart through a hole “ , you’d have an additional kicker , not sure if he’s up for the number of tackles but if it’s golden point you’ve got the best in the business.

Could maybe work.
Good to try anything as long as it does not include K . Flanagan ???

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2