DCE post match interview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i didn't really see that flip, i just think he was disappointed and had finished the interview, but time will tell.

Frank said:
I wouldn't swap Daly for any other halfback. Made some interesting choices with the ball tonight but I think the absence of the stabilising influence of Matty Ballin cannot be underestimated.

Matty plays tonight and we win.

Agreed Frank.
It's the service from dummy half and the protection around him that makes the difference.
If people are suggesting that DCE is behind Hodkinson they are kidding themselves.
DCE tried his guts out IMO. And I'd take our halves over any other halves in the comp any day of the week.

fLIP said:
I'm going to play devils advocate and be incredibly unpopular. But finch said to him quote "i look forward to seeing you in manly colors next year" and the look on chez face was less than confident and he looked straight to the ground.

Reading to much into it but it was a strange statement to begin with and after comfortably answering all previous questions with chez like maturity the silence and look away was deafening.

Yeah saw that. I kind of thought it was more the disappointment of tonight & the poor end to the season that was behind it.

Mal Cochrane said:
i didn't really see that flip, i just think he was disappointed and had finished the interview, but time will tell.

Like i said after a loss like tonights I'll read to much into anything. Just rarely does a response throw me like that.

strone33 said:
Meanwhile Foran was ... house and has been ever since those comments

Not the same foran I know. I don't have any mail regarding him.

He doesn't seem happy ( don't know why ).
IMO I don't think he will resign after next year.

psau14 said:
DCE.

Kicked 1 field goal to keep us in the game. Tick nice.
Didn't kick 1 field goal to win us the game. Cross not nice.

Kicked out on the full, kicked last tackle option in golden point straight to the dogs on their 30m line.

Through passes that hit the turf. Through passes that went forward. Did not get us a repeat set all night.

DCE. I really don't think hes in any position to talk about 1.2 m a year anymore.

Old mate, on 2 threads you've done nothing but run DCE down. What's your problem with him? Are you disappointed you couldn't make it? How's your track record? You kick any field goals to win or tie games? Doubt it champ. And I think your being conservative with the 1.2. And that's if he stays.

psau14 said:
DCE.

Kicked out on the full, kicked last tackle option in golden point straight to the dogs on their 30m line.

Through passes that hit the turf. Through passes that went forward. Did not get us a repeat set all night.

DCE. I really don't think hes in any position to talk about 1.2 m a year anymore.

Old mate, on 2 threads you've done nothing but run DCE down. What's your problem with him? Are you disappointed you couldn't make it? How's your track record? You kick any field goals to win or tie games? Doubt it champ. And I think your being conservative with the 1.2. And that's if he stays.

Jatz Crackers said:
fLIP said:
I'm going to play devils advocate and be incredibly unpopular. But finch said to him quote "i look forward to seeing you in manly colors next year" and the look on chez face was less than confident and he looked straight to the ground.

Reading to much into it but it was a strange statement to begin with and after comfortably answering all previous questions with chez like maturity the silence and look away was deafening.

Yeah saw that. I kind of thought it was more the disappointment of tonight & the poor end to the season that was behind it.

I'd have taken hodko tonight. He doesn't have the talent of turtle but he doesn't ... around and takes his chances when they come along.
Turtle has not taken the field goal when he should of many times.

Im sorry but the set where we got our field goal to tie it up go back and watch it. DCE was directing the troops every tackle telling them where to go and where he wanted the ball then he slotted it perfectly. That was pure class and leadership. Go watch the start of the game he looks completely wrecked and down in the dumps with zero confidence. To go from that to how he finished the game was amazing to watch. He was getting his belief in his skills back and it all happened in 40 minutes. Give the guy a break and foz too. Our team played their guts out. I was expecting a thrashing after it was 16-0. We'd lost 4 of our last 6 games and our form was horrendous and we came back to nearly win it. Im gutted that we lost but to see us lose like that restores my hope in our 2015 campaign.

Mal Cochrane said:
... house is a bit rough, but i am blown away with the 3,2,1's he gets week in week out...i just don;t see it.

I agree he is as tough as they come but he hasn't become the creative ball player I had hoped when he first appeared.

psau14 said:
DCE.

And through all of these issues he threw a pass that didn't hit the mark

Sillybus said:
Im sorry but the set where we got our field goal to tie it up go back and watch it. DCE was directing the troops every tackle telling them where to go and where he wanted the ball then he slotted it perfectly. That was pure class and leadership. Go watch the start of the game he looks completely wrecked and down in the dumps with zero confidence. To go from that to how he finished the game was amazing to watch. He was getting his belief in his skills back and it all happened in 40 minutes. Give the guy a break and foz too. Our team played their guts out. I was expecting a thrashing after it was 16-0. We'd lost 4 of our last 6 games and our form was horrendous and we came back to nearly win it. Im gutted that we lost but to see us lose like that restores my hope in our 2015 campaign.

Read Bennets comments on Soward the other week, in essensce he said good players don't lose their skill, but in some circumstances may struggle to find it.

I think DCE played most of the year injured. He never reached peak form after going down with a couple of knee injuries around the SOO series.

Last year, he came out of the sheds against that Rabbitohs at half time and was all smiles, loving his footy, and went on to win the Churchill medal the following week. A year on, and he is not the same player running around for Manly at the moment.

I don't think a pack that's struggling and a new hooker is helping matters, but for a confident personality (which I believe he was), he looks a shell of the man he once was. I really feel for the guy.

I've been really hard on Choc and other seniors for their apparent petulance and destabilisation affect this year. And I still feel pretty much the same.

However, I also must say that I hope DCE has perhaps learned something about life and mateship in all of this. Yeah, you can chase the money and play the "professional, feed my family" card, but there is something in the relationships we build in teams that will always rise above that.

He might have missed that last field goal because Jayden's service out of dummy half was a fraction slow and EVERYONE knew it was on!

This reminds me of the Orford bashing. Even winning a GF 40-0 and next season people were rubbishing the Ox.

Trev said:
psau14 said:
DCE.

psau14 said:
DCE.

I have said in other threads he will stay, and im not unhappy about it. He will be given the captaincy and 1.2 mil. I couldn't give a rats arse about your childish statements aimed at me, just appreciate he didn't stand up and everything I said was true.

voicefromthehill said:
psau14 said:
DCE.

And through all of these issues he threw a pass that didn't hit the mark

Those too. DCE played, tried, but didn't stand up as the million dollar man should.

Sillybus said:

Read Bennets comments on Soward the other week, in essensce he said good players don't lose their skill, but in some circumstances may struggle to find it.

psau14 said:
Trev said:
psau14 said:
DCE.

psau14 said:
DCE.

I have said in other threads he will stay, and im not unhappy about it. He will be given the captaincy and 1.2 mil. I couldn't give a rats arse about your childish statements aimed at me, just appreciate he didn't stand up and everything I said was true.

On Cherry Evans, " the senior playing group " which are all said to be leaving, have not spoken to him for the second half of the year, blame him for Gifty's exit.
Cherry is spent, a year from hell.
They will all leave, with releases granted and we will be very lucky to keep him.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6