Dce out Hastings in?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How many premierships has Hasler got at the dogs? Ohh that's right zero, nada, zilch. Nothing! He is a good coach no doubt and obviously better than what we have at the moment. But the coach doesn't win games, players do!

And yeah our culture within our current playing group is crap. Who's the captain again? Thats right, D$E. He has to show the way ON the field, he doesn't. The fact is he takes a very large chunk of our cap, therefore we can't fill our team with quality players in more positions. Meaning he had to step up, but he doesn't. And many people including myself are over it.
G'day all,I would've thought that if the culture in the current playing group is crap the responsibility for that is not just the team captain.
cheers mike

I Haven't mentioned Foran at all. not really sure why you have mentioned him?

Yes those senior players went for the money, AFTER DCE kept getting upgrades!! Why wouldn't they, they busted there arses for 8,9,10 yrs. they had the runs on the board, they deserved it, even if it all ended badly.

DCE character? Ahhhh he played Manly vs Titans in his contract debacle like a piano. It took a insanely stupid contract for him to backflip. If he had good character, conviction, honour, he would of stood by his contract with the Titans. Thats good Character is it? Not in my book and not in many many other people's book.

All those players were on massive golden back ended contracts well before DCE got his upgrades.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good bitch will ya.

Who's the guy that's what where what the F%@k are you on about. DCE the guy? Me am I that guy? Bloody hell I didn't know I knew you. How you doing 'bro'.

You seem to know a lot but I really do think I know you now. Your that guy on the hill that's throwing the insults one week but come the good times your everyone mate.

I'm not DCE'S one man cheerleader squad by the way. He is paid a **** load of coin and should be doing a lot better but so should the squad around him.

As for hasler that guy bled maroon and white. He and cleal put together a program that gifted us that awsome side that really was the best in the comp.

What's he won since. Your right nothing but one things for sure He's a better coach than what we have right now. And that God awful mongrel dogs side will probably stuff us again this year because of the guy.
yeah, didn't understand most of that. Good talk though.

Just for the record, I completely agree the rest of the side isn't performing. We also look under done fitness wise and Barrett is most certainly under pressure.

And no I won't be " everyone's mate" after one good game. It takes someone to bleed for this great club, over and over and over to get my admiration and respect.

Yes those senior players went for the money, AFTER DCE kept getting upgrades!! Why wouldn't they, they busted there arses for 8,9,10 yrs. they had the runs on the board, they deserved it, even if it all ended badly.

DCE character? Ahhhh he played Manly vs Titans in his contract debacle like a piano. It took a insanely stupid contract for him to backflip. If he had good character, conviction, honour, he would of stood by his contract with the Titans. Thats good Character is it? Not in my book and not in many many other people's book.

He didn't BREAK a contract with the Titans at all - please, don't buy into the Gorden Tallis/Qld media garbage. There is essentially a 'cooling off' period - as with all sorts of contracts, not just NRL contracts - wherein the player's current club has the right to trump the rival club's offer. Plenty of other players have done it - James Tedesco, anyone?

And I'm not talking about the fabled senior playing group going after more money (they already HAD the backended contracts) - have a look at the various substandard performances and childish media tantrums from assorted members of that clique when it became clear that their time in control was almost up. A couple carried themselves with dignity, an equal number did not.

Revisionism Hozza. Its all speculation.

Fact is DCE had a contract removed, signed with the Titans for a lot of money because he was a huge talent with many years yet to play, and was offered more to come back. Who played who? It wasnt DCE.

And suggestions that he was looking to get more money at Manly...well why shouldnt he? Every player does if they arent idiots. Should the Tribojevics have taken the first offer which I understand was under impressive. That's all part of deal making, usually by the managers. Ambit claims are made, the club asks for less, the player asks for more. Eventually a middle figure is reached. It happens with ALL contracts.

The senior players asking for more money after being paid big bucks for the years of service? Well we see what happens when a player reaches the end of his career and struggles with injury. We've seen the outcome with the Matai-Stewart issue. We've seen Watmough case. I dont blame the older players wanting more, but its a pretty foolish club that pays big buck long term contracts for a great player on the slide, when you have to beat off competitors for a top player on the rise.

All those players were on massive golden back ended contracts well before DCE got his upgrades.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good bitch will ya.
Massive? What 500 thousand? Or were they on 1.2 mil? Ahh no they weren't.

Think it's time to go back to watching soccer for you London.

Mitchell Moses apparently backflipped on a roosters contract over the off season. No media knives out for him though.

Lots of DCE bashing on this site just because the Penns screwed him over and had to pay a truckload to get him back. No fault of DCE's whatsoever.

Plus Trent Barrett said he'd change the way DCE played and he certainly has done that! Why he even wanted to is gobsmacking to me.

He didn't BREAK a contract with the Titans at all - please, don't buy into the Gorden Tallis/Qld media garbage. There is essentially a 'cooling off' period - as with all sorts of contracts, not just NRL contracts - wherein the player's current club has the right to trump the rival club's offer. Plenty of other players have done it - James Tedesco, anyone?

And I'm not talking about the fabled senior playing group going after more money (they already HAD the backended contracts) - have a look at the various substandard performances and childish media tantrums from assorted members of that clique when it became clear that their time in control was almost up. A couple carried themselves with dignity, an equal number did not.
I'm not disagreeing with a lot of what your saying, it ended badly with those players for sure.

But if anyone thinks these back ended contracts were anywhere near cherrys contract your way off the mark. If they were we would of been way over the cap.

And I'm not buying into any media crap. This is my opinion, no he didn't break a contract. But he did play us against them. He did go back on his WORD, that means something to me and obviously a lot of other people.

Mitchell Moses apparently backflipped on a roosters contract over the off season. No media knives out for him though.

Lots of DCE bashing on this site just because the Penns screwed him over and had to pay a truckload to get him back. No fault of DCE's whatsoever.

Plus Trent Barrett said he'd change the way DCE played and he certainly has done that! Why he even wanted to is gobsmacking to me.
DCE was crap as soon as he signed the contract, he hasn't done anything since that is what annoys the supporters. It wasn't a gradual loss of form he just lost it as soon as he signed the 10 mil contract.

I'm not disagreeing with a lot of what your saying, it ended badly with those players for sure.

But if anyone thinks these back ended contracts were anywhere near cherrys contract your way off the mark. If they were we would of been way over the cap.

And I'm not buying into any media crap. This is my opinion, no he didn't break a contract. But he did play us against them. He did go back on his WORD, that means something to me and obviously a lot of other people.

Read what @Bearfax said above, about who played who. I'm not going to bother rehashing it when someone else already nailed it.

It's all well and good to carry on about keeping your word when you're not facing the reality of having to move your wife and kids away from their family support network, and moving out of the 'dream home' you've only recently built - and all because your hand was forced by others not keeping their word. Cuts both ways.

The club has only itself to blame for the DCE debacle, he genuinely wanted to stay at Manly, we would have liked to have kept both DCE and Foran, but in reality that was never going to happen due to the massive offers from other clubs.
The offer we made to DCE was way under what the Titans were offering, can't blame DCE for accepting their offer, after Manly withdrew their offer to pursue Foran, who had probably already agreed to terms with Parramatta.
DCE has acted honourably and with dignity in all of this, can't say the same for Foran who was always going to go.

I got my first 'dummy spit'! Thanks huzzah.

I hate soccer by the way. Would love to see you vent on those guys. Half a million a week after tax and they still break contracts like it's nothing. You would love it hozza. Those guys bleed gold and silver not blood.

Inglis back flipped on the broncos. Does he get the crap? No! And he's a storm wanker so what's that say about the experts. The one commentator that really went for DCE after the backflip was num nuts tallis. Anyone that listens to that grub deserves to be an idiot.

Simple f
Revisionism Hozza. Its all speculation.

Fact is DCE had a contract removed, signed with the Titans for a lot of money because he was a huge talent with many years yet to play, and was offered more to come back. Who played who? It wasnt DCE.

And suggestions that he was looking to get more money at Manly...well why shouldnt he? Every player does if they arent idiots. Should the Tribojevics have taken the first offer which I understand was under impressive. That's all part of deal making, usually by the managers. Ambit claims are made, the club asks for less, the player asks for more. Eventually a middle figure is reached. It happens with ALL contracts.

The senior players asking for more money after being paid big bucks for the years of service? Well we see what happens when a player reaches the end of his career and struggles with injury. We've seen the outcome with the Matai-Stewart issue. We've seen Watmough case. I dont blame the older players wanting more, but its a pretty foolish club that pays big buck long term contracts for a great player on the slide, when you have to beat off competitors for a top player on the rise.
sorry Bear I disagree. He hesitated!!!!! Then the contract was pulled. Huge difference.

Paid big bucks for years of service? What 500grand? Nothing compared to what DCE is on, not even close.

PLUS all these guys PERFORMED! Watmough was a beast at his best, which was for 6 or 7 years at least. Same with G Stewart. Brett Stewart will go down as a Manly Great. They all had great careers. Happy to pay big bucks for big performances.

Cherry has had maybe 2 solid years, that doesn't make a career to me mate. He isn't performing, they did.

I hate soccer by the way. Would love to see you vent on those guys. Half a million a week after tax and they still break contracts like it's nothing. You would love it hozza. Those guys bleed gold and silver not blood.

Inglis back flipped on the broncos. Does he get the crap? No! And he's a storm wanker so what's that say about the experts. The one commentator that really went for DCE after the backflip was num nuts tallis. Anyone that listens to that grub deserves to be an idiot.

dummy spits are good .... usually follow an entertaining post ... us old bastards need to be entertained

DCE was crap as soon as he signed the contract, he hasn't done anything since that is what annoys the supporters. It wasn't a gradual loss of form he just lost it as soon as he signed the 10 mil contract.
Turbo it wouldn't have anything to do with he has had forwards that keep getting knocked over week after week would it . Mate he'll bounce back as soon as we get some size and mongrel in the engine room. ( jake excluded ).

I'm DCE's biggest critic, & the criticism coming his way is warranted. But he's learning a new role, with an average side around him. No more Foran pulling the strings, allowing him to just split the defense with his running game, which he's still able to do btw. He's attempting to acquire skills in vision, delegation, creation & facilitation. Not easy when all you ever knew was running the ball on your own.

I think DCE is a good footballer but he is not a great footballer. I don't think he will ever be a great footballer and I don't think he ever was a great footballer. He has always just been a good footballer.

He is the victim of the media...Jack Bird is currently in the same boat. These are the players that hit the jackpot and come to grade in an already established unit that is functioning at it's peak. They are young and they are fresh so the media grab the story and the snowball rolls...at their best, they are fine footballers but they are not future immortals or in the top echelon of players. If DCE was in the top echelon, he would get in the thick of the action all of the time and demand the ball...he is a former media darling that hasn't amounted to the expectation placed upon him...a lot of us believed the hype but he is just a good solid FG footballer who had a couple of bumper years playing with a champion team.

Gorden 'I sat out an entire season refusing to play for the club I was contracted to' Tallis. Yep, that guy.

Last edited:
Simple f

sorry Bear I disagree. He hesitated!!!!! Then the contract was pulled. Huge difference.

Paid big bucks for years of service? What 500grand? Nothing compared to what DCE is on, not even close.

PLUS all these guys PERFORMED! Watmough was a beast at his best, which was for 6 or 7 years at least. Same with G Stewart. Brett Stewart will go down as a Manly Great. They all had great careers. Happy to pay big bucks for big performances.

Cherry has had maybe 2 solid years, that doesn't make a career to me mate. He isn't performing, they did.

Hozza, I'm afraid I have to disagree to your disagreement...getting me confused here.

When was the last time you didnt hesitate on a contract affecting your future life. You'd be foolish not too, and take time to see things in perspective, discuss with partner, family, solicitor, manager. There is also the chance that a better deal from your club might be offered if you delay a little.

Again eking out the best deal for what will affect you and your family for decades to come is common sense. It appears that he was going to sign. If the club had just shown patience, as they did with much more resolve and much less hope with Foran, they would have had DCE much cheaper. DCE has nothing to answer for. That blame rests totally with the club's negotiators.

Simple f

You do realise that it's not normal to sign a contract the day it's first put in front of you, right?

Remember the 4 Bulldogs players during the Super League debacle who did exactly that, and later had those SL contracts legally declared invalid because of a little thing called 'duress'?

It is 100% normal practice, when presented with a contract, to take it away, consult with your manager, legal advisor, financial advisor, family, friends, whoever the hell you want, before you agree to sign it.

It's not 'hesitation', it's normal, standard practice.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10