DCE out for a Month or a week or a day...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=dce-happy-to-bide-his-time_1226910944805&vc=569

I don't watch cartoons, so the Sid reference was lost on me till I saw the image with the long neck :D

LOL...Yes it is an unusually long neck once it's pointed out, isn't it?

But his neck is neither here nor there really, as long as he get's through today's Captain's run, and onto tonight's flight to Melbourne!

HappilyManly said:
DCE is on Sterlo Fox 1 tonight

He hasn't ruled himself out of our game yet. There is a Captain's Run in the morning that will rule him in or out officially :angel:

Horo, Jorge and Buhrer reckon he looks like Sid the Ferret from Ice Age due to his long neck :D

Uh oh!! Here comes another rumour. Horo, Jorge and Buhrer back Stewart boys in war against DCE! :p :rolleyes:

I expect a kickback for that one Weidler. ;) PM me for account details.

RiverEagle said:
LOL...Yes it is an unusually long neck once it's pointed out, isn't it?

But his neck is neither here nor there really, as long as he get's through today's Captain's run, and onto tonight's flight to Melbourne!

One last rumour....I have heard that DCE's "other neck" is also unusually long. Some have commented that it could have its own ribs and a lung!

He;s always so impressive in interview situations. Makes you think he's a very well brought up young man.
That said, he also has the extreme optimism of youth. It's the second time I've heard him say he'd wait for Cronk to retire to get the QLD and thus OZ number seven. To which I say: PUSH FOR IT NOW CHERRY!!!! Things happen! God forbid you could get an injury which impacts on your brilliance but, it happens! Conversely, an even more brilliant Number Seven could come from behind and leapfrog you. It happens! Humble really doesn't work in such a fluid and short career.

Yeah I agree he's very well spoken very likeable guy.

And I'm not going near that one @mozgrame.....literally! LOL.

I kinda hope the Sid nickname sticks tho...It works, and the players created it so that's usually the way.

Really hope he's OK for tomorrow.

Massive praise for DCE.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevanss-rise-is-unlike-anything-ive-seen-and-gives-mal-meninga-another-welcome-headache/story-fniabksc-1226910581059

Daly Cherry-Evans’s rise is unlike anything I’ve seen
Matthew Johns
The Daily Telegraph May 09, 2014 12:00AM

I’ve never seen a player improve like Cherry-Evans. After playing Queensland Cup in 2010, Manly coach Des Hasler gave Cherry-Evans his first taste of NRL in a 2011 trial game against Cronulla.

I was at that trial and Daly played an equal amount of time with two other young halfback hopefuls.

Like any young rookie getting their first chance, he looked nervous and at times a little lost and indecisive. He didn’t stand out by any means.

Hasler none-the-less picked him for their opening round game vs the Melbourne Storm, which they lost 18-6. Daly was again solid but not spectacular.

By October he was spectacular; in fact he was named Rookie of the Year, was close to the best on the ground as Manly beat the Warriors to win the NRL Grand Final and was named in the Kangaroos’ squad for their Four Nations Tournament.

I can’t remember a better rookie year, and since then he’s gotten rapidly better.

His performance against Canberra two weeks back was the best by any player this year, including seven try assists. My brother Andrew works with Daly on a weekly basis and it makes sense because Daly’s game is frighteningly similar.

That robust build, the ability to do the unorthodox, the step, the pass, the thoughtful kick and of course the confidence. It’s more than confidence, it’s a healthy arrogance. You can’t just keep getting better and better without that healthy dose of arrogance. The niceness of Daly conceals the supreme confidence well.

Andrew Johns has worked with many playmakers since he retired but none understands Joey like Daly.

Cherry-Evans can turn theory into practice immediately and understands the subtleties that Andrew teaches.

Cherry-Evans deserved better than the seven minutes he got in last Friday night’s Test. I’ve got no doubt Australian coach Tim Sheens felt the awkwardness of the situation just after half time with the Kangaroos behind and in need of a lift. Cherry-Evans would’ve been the ideal injection, but for who?

You see, if Australia had been comfortably in front, not an eyebrow would be raised if Sheens had brought off Thurston or Cronk. But replace one of these men with Cherry-Evans when the side’s behind and struggling, and the earth shakes.

Daly’s seven minutes had nothing to do with concerns of him doing the job. It was all about the man he would replace and the reaction.

This player deserves more than just a few minutes here and there at hooker or back row.

Thurston and Cronk’s strengths and attacking tendencies have been analysed and observed by opposition defences for a long time now and it’s testimony to their talent and toughness that they can still dominate.

But Cherry-Evans’ improvement and unpredictability is now causing a new level of problems for defences.

For our sake let’s hope Meninga doesn’t find the answer to the Thurston, Cronk and Cherry-Evans puzzle.

good news, C'mon Daly! LETS GO MANLY, LETS GO!!

nothing would be sweeter than beating the scum in Melb while decimated by injuries.....(except maybe beating the rorters in this year's GF with Glenn Stewart scoring the winning try by fending off SBW in the face!)

EagleBoi13 said:
good news, C'mon Daly! LETS GO MANLY, LETS GO!!

nothing would be sweeter than beating the scum in Melb while decimated by injuries.....(except maybe beating the rorters in this year's GF with Glenn Stewart scoring the winning try by fending off SBW in the face!)

With Shayne Hayne sending the try upstairs as a 'No Try' and having the video referees overturn the decision.

I'd love us to win the match by a field goal in extra time.
I'm still not completely over our capitulation in round one.

No thanks, a 40-0 spread is much better on my nerves.

Last year's draw took 10 years off my life :shy:

Hope to see Sid show Cronk who the real #7 is :exclamation:

Any combination of a win will do me down there.
The bigger the better of course, but even 1-0 with a Sid field-goal would suffice.

Looking for big games from Choc, Skivi and Sid to name just three!

Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6