DCE not playing rep footy again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You don't discuss Ryan you simply bag.
I don't bag.... I'm just pointing out the obvious.... The kids playing **** and getting paid to much, nothing to do with t
So you're saying that every other member of the team is playing well & only DCE is not?? You're also saying that DCE's contract will destroy our club but no mention of the money offered to Foran to stay? His contract is not the biggest in NRL ever...........it's one one of the longest. Foran signed with the Eels for 100k more per year than DCE. JT is on more than DCE as are a few others! Would you have been happy for Foran to stay on the same amount & would you be bagging him? All I can say is thank God for DCE last year...without him last season would have turned out much worse! Foran is a myth & always was. Put DCE in the Cowboys, Broncos, Storm & everyone would be praising how great he is! Put JT, Cronk, Coote, Morgan in this current team & you would be saying the same about them as with DCE.......apologies for sounding angry but i'm sick to death of the DCE bashing! Everyone is looking for someone to blame but to blame DCE solely is wrong!
well that so called myth is wiping the floor with our current million dollar baby.....

Seriously if any of you think DCE isn't the source of our problems you are lying to yourself. DCE is grossly out of form and I can't see him ever returning to his old self and we have badly wasted our money hopefully I'm wrong. But ATM he ain't up there with the average halves even so he needs to pull his finger out and start playing real football.

Peter Griffin is real though, right? @:( I read about him all the time on here.

Is Mike Raymond still doing sports for 7 in Sydney? I know he promotes and commentates at the Parramatta (sorry.....Sydney) Speedway.

Last edited:
I don't bag.... I'm just pointing out the obvious.... The kids playing **** and getting paid to much, nothing to do with t

well that so called myth is wiping the floor with our current million dollar baby.....
The myth is wiping the floor with our million dollar baby? Really? Wiping the floor at the rehab center maybe!! What has the 'myth' shown this year apart from his petulance with regards to suing Manly (the club that made him)! He's done nothing at the Eels. It's all been Norman! Anyway we're not going to agree on this so best just let it go & let's get on with supporting our boys!

The myth is wiping the floor with our million dollar baby? Really? Wiping the floor at the rehab center maybe!! What has the 'myth' shown this year apart from his petulance with regards to suing Manly (the club that made him)! He's done nothing at the Eels. It's all been Norman! Anyway we're not going to agree on this so best just let it go & let's get on with supporting our boys!
Well even with his off field issues and dodgy hammys he's still managed to steer the eels into 5th position.....yes Norman has played his part.... But DCE isn't alone either, has plenty more stars around him then Foran ,and Foran is still working with a new combination with Norman.....yet Forans form to that of DCE is there for all to see.... Blind man could see that.

How hard is it for a 1/2 back without support. started to question my own view regarding excuses for DCE when I thought of checking Thurston's success record.

This is not an attack on Thurston, I think he is one of the best players in the game worldwide.

Cowboys and Thurston.

2008. 15th (avoid spoon on f/a)
2009. 12th ( but sees Tamou debut)
2010 15th (avoid spoon due to Storm cap rort)
(but the debut of Taumalolo and Scott makes Aust team)
2011 Finals (Tamou, Taumalolo and Scott all rep players)
2012 Finals
2013 Finals

Thurston is good, but until he had some troops with him, he was the quarterback that only missed the spoon 2 of 3 years by this much. (two fingers very close together emoticon)

I'm starting to wonder, how much Toovey and johns was steering this kid around..... From memory I can only recall one good stand out game last year, before he back flipped.... Can't re call the team we played but was a stand out, and made us all call for his signature...... He needs to find this form and now..... I haven't given up on him, but I'm very pissed what he's being paid for what he's delivering... I don't expect a win each week or man of the match performances , but he shouldn't be far from it. In that cowboys game he made a few rookie mistakes which eventually cost us repeat sets and points.

I'm starting to wonder, how much Toovey and johns was steering this kid around..... From memory I can only recall one good stand out game last year, before he back flipped.... Can't re call the team we played but was a stand out, and made us all call for his signature...... He needs to find this form and now..... I haven't given up on him, but I'm very pissed what he's being paid for what he's delivering... I don't expect a win each week or man of the match performances , but he shouldn't be far from it. In that cowboys game he made a few rookie mistakes which eventually cost us repeat sets and points.
He played two superb games last year one against an albeit weak Knights side and the other I believe was Rd 2 against the Storm at Brookie which was one of the most dominant games from him I had ever seen which was without Foran. Come to think of it DCE played his best games last year with Foran sidelined, winning man of the match in all of them and they were all with Lyon at 6.

This is rubbish, DCE got what he peraded around for... Massive coin, and JT for the most of his career has been playing with a busted ass team..... But week in and week out gave no excuses and pushed himself, because he knew he was on the coin that comes with the responsibility to produce. DCE could learn a lot from looking back on JT career as he is all class and worth every cent he's received, he's an asset to the game on and off the field. DCE is miles behind a lot of halves in our comp at this point in time.... You got to wonder if the club has KPI included into his contract..... Causes he's not even worth half what he's getting now.

It is funny you should say that about Thurston. As an educator, I tell my students that Thurston is a terrible example of a good role model. You seriously don't want me to outline the litany of episodes that depict him as such, do you? Thurston is a good winner, but as a loser acts like a 5 year old child...

So what @Woodsie? That's what he took on board the moment he signed the richest contract ever in the NRL.

He will always be under the greatest microscope. That's why it has been raised in the media. It's why it is raised here. It's why Myles said he's not playing the best in a post match presser.

Just because they throw a Manly jersey on, and try hard, doesn't make them exempt from criticism (especially given contract).

If you think they should be protected, then I'm sorry, that's very naive to the point I'm suggesting you're just trying to take the piss here?

Who is right here? Let's look at the current affairs:
+ Dropped from Australia
+ Likely dropped from QLD
+ Has he won a game this season?
+ Media riding him
+ His own players saying he's not at his best
+ Forums discussing it

Yet you want people to exempt the highest paid player criticism, because they are fans?

Blow up the balloons, grow the flowers, bake the cakes, and smell the cherry blossoms. Why not if we are all living in Disney?

Our forwards are ordinary. Swap them with the Cowboys and he would be doing better...

How hard is it for a 1/2 back without support. started to question my own view regarding excuses for DCE when I thought of checking Thurston's success record.

This is not an attack on Thurston, I think he is one of the best players in the game worldwide.

Cowboys and Thurston.

2008. 15th (avoid spoon on f/a)
2009. 12th ( but sees Tamou debut)
2010 15th (avoid spoon due to Storm cap rort)
(but the debut of Taumalolo and Scott makes Aust team)
2011 Finals (Tamou, Taumalolo and Scott all rep players)
2012 Finals
2013 Finals

Thurston is good, but until he had some troops with him, he was the quarterback that only missed the spoon 2 of 3 years by this much. (two fingers very close together emoticon)

And he is not playing THAT well anyway at the moment. Thurston has been a bit of a passenger this year in my opinion...

And he is not playing THAT well anyway at the moment. Thurston has been a bit of a passenger this year in my opinion...
Passenger you say, well if thurstons a passenger, what's DCE...... Highly priced Chopped liver. Seriously do you even watch games....

It is funny you should say that about Thurston. As an educator, I tell my students that Thurston is a terrible example of a good role model. You seriously don't want me to outline the litany of episodes that depict him as such, do you? Thurston is a good winner, but as a loser acts like a 5 year old child...
Educator..... And there it is....... Say no more

Passenger you say, well if thurstons a passenger, what's DCE...... Highly priced Chopped liver. Seriously do you even watch games....

Read my posts on the forward packs they are playing behind. Seriously, have you ever played a game of rugby league? Cue the 'backyard legend' post...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4