DCE not playing rep footy again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Digsy

Reserve Grader
Here is an article from fox sports.
Says how dce could possibly not play rep footy again.
I for one am totally in favour of this as it means he can concentrate on his footy for our beloved Eagles and get himself back to playing the great footy that got him to where he is now!
I would rather him get back into form and help us get back to the top end of the table where we belong!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/e2ad1f8ed6f20d5bea15710636de3c44

I enjoy watching our players play rep footy. It gives me a vested interest in the match whether it be City, NSW or Australia.
I understand the argument from some that it is all about the big picture in October and they could not care about the rep season..I get that.
But I like our boys playing rep and I think it gives them the opportunity to learn from the best and come back to us better players.

Last edited:
DCE will play rep footy again, if his the best..... At this point in time he's no where near it... A lot of us have differing opinions on DCE but I for one think he's come right back into the pack and is no marquee player at this point in time..... You pay huge dollars for marquee match winners , not middle of the pack players

If he gets his form back he is a cert. Hunt is his only real competitor for a spot outside cronk and thurston

Cherry is different to morgan and milf, he is an organising halfback , albeit out of form. The others are individualist with not much of a kicking game.

Elgey and ash taylor may compete for that spot down the track also, but the cherry needs to get his house in order on a regular basis. It will come as manly get come consistency with the spine

More than want him to regain the top form, but totally don't want him to play glorified exhibition games.

I wish Killers rep footy philosophy stuck with all our guys.

DCE has been battered from pillar to post over the past few seasons since he showed everyone how good he is! It was well publicized that he played in rep games (SOO & National) whilst injured, played club games whilst injured & only managed to aggravate the injuries to the extent he lost confidence & as a result was unable to play to his potential. On top of that he was chastised for the way he handled his contract talks. Yes partly his own doing but also the media circus that enveloped him & his partner. I blame them for his loss of form. He hasn't been the same player since. This year he's been injured more than not & many people, including our own supporters, have given it to him again! DCE can't do this, DCE can't do that, DCE is nothing, DCE is not worth the money paid etc. etc. etc. DCE could be playing as good as any of the other halves & still people will give it to him! People forget that he's not the only player in the team & can't be relied upon to be brilliant every single game. He needs his team mates to power on & back him up, not sit back waiting for him to do it all. I'm gonna just sit back & laugh when he does come good & shows all the disbelievers that he is just as good if not better than these other superheros!

I agree Cherry was bagged from the word go just for looking out for his own interests. It's unfortunate that the media bagging comes with the territory these days of being a representative in sport. Why would anyone want to play rep footy when you know the team is not going to be changed anyway.Why bother.

DCE has been battered from pillar to post over the past few seasons since he showed everyone how good he is! It was well publicized that he played in rep games (SOO & National) whilst injured, played club games whilst injured & only managed to aggravate the injuries to the extent he lost confidence & as a result was unable to play to his potential. On top of that he was chastised for the way he handled his contract talks. Yes partly his own doing but also the media circus that enveloped him & his partner. I blame them for his loss of form. He hasn't been the same player since. This year he's been injured more than not & many people, including our own supporters, have given it to him again! DCE can't do this, DCE can't do that, DCE is nothing, DCE is not worth the money paid etc. etc. etc. DCE could be playing as good as any of the other halves & still people will give it to him! People forget that he's not the only player in the team & can't be relied upon to be brilliant every single game. He needs his team mates to power on & back him up, not sit back waiting for him to do it all. I'm gonna just sit back & laugh when he does come good & shows all the disbelievers that he is just as good if not better than these other superheros!
Well I hope your right but as you wait , just remember we are paying a huge marquee pay packet for this guy you believe will one day come good... Good enough to earn such salary...DCE has put himself in this situation, demanded huge money... Played alot clubs to get the huge dollars now he has to deliver.

The problem for DCE, form aside, is that once he backflipped and stayed at Manly the Qld media, Qld fans and some Qld legends all blackballed the guy because he didn't just turn his back in the Titans, he turned his back on Queensland by preferring to stay with a Sydney club. That's their attitude to it anyway.

Fair enough, right now and on form Morgan, Hunt, Milford are all ahead of him. And Thurston saying he'd prefer Morgan is purely because they play together for the Cows.

You know, its funny how Qld legends like Lewis, Lockyer and Tallis all bagged the crap out of Cherry when he decided to stay at Manly......yet none seemed to have a problem with 1nglis who trained with Brisbane but ended up giving them the middle finger and went to play for Souffs.

I also note though that last Saturday night before the game against NQ....none other than current Qld coach Kevin Walters said that DCE has currently played 6 games for the Maroons. That said to me that the coach hasn't forgotten about him. IIRC last year Walters was one of the few FOGs who was on Cherry's side with his decision to remain with the Sea Eagles. It appears that is still the case.

The problem for DCE, form aside, is that once he backflipped and stayed at Manly the Qld media, Qld fans and some Qld legends all blackballed the guy because he didn't just turn his back in the Titans, he turned his back on Queensland by preferring to stay with a Sydney club. That's their attitude to it anyway.

Fair enough, right now and on form Morgan, Hunt, Milford are all ahead of him. And Thurston saying he'd prefer Morgan is purely because they play together for the Cows.

You know, its funny how Qld legends like Lewis, Lockyer and Tallis all bagged the crap out of Cherry when he decided to stay at Manly......yet none seemed to have a problem with 1nglis who trained with Brisbane but ended up giving them the middle finger and went to play for Souffs.

I also note though that last Saturday night before the game against NQ....none other than current Qld coach Kevin Walters said that DCE has currently played 6 games for the Maroons. That said to me that the coach hasn't forgotten about him. IIRC last year Walters was one of the few FOGs who was on Cherry's side with his decision to remain with the Sea Eagles. It appears that is still the case.
Agree totally mate! Let's not forget what Tallis did when he decided to leave St George for the Broncos!! Basically spat the dummy & sat out the season. Talk about a hypocrite bagging DCE! Put any of the others mentioned above in a team that's not performing & has been torn apart by short turnarounds & injury & we'll see how great they are!

St George actually made the Grand Final the year Tallis sat out (1996). I'm not suggesting for a moment they actually could have beaten Manly that year because our defence was second to none then. But who knows?

And remember about Tallis.....he works for the Titans so of course he was going to be against Cherry backflipping and staying at Manly. His comments should be taken for what they were, bitter.

And quite frankly it had nothing to do with Lewis or Lockyer other than they were pissed that a Qld Origin player would prefer to stay with a Sydney club than move back to Qld to play.

Lewis I will never understand, especially with his love for the Broncos. They (led by Wayne Bennett) treated him like crap in 1990 which led to them sacking him and he ended up at the Seagulls (which wasn't actually a Qld club. They may have been called the "Gold Coast" but at the time they were actually based in NSW). Yet when it comes to club football he thinks that the Broncos are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

In all honesty that assessment of where he sits in the current pecking order is pretty much spot on. His form has been disappointing this year, let's hope it improves.

I thought against the Cows, DCE showed he his getting his groove back. He ran himself and also unloaded at and through the line more than he had before he was injured. Also, there was a moment when we had the ball about 5 out, on the last, about 15 in from the left hand touchline. DCE was parked out wide to the right and was organising players outside him. From the wide shot, you could see he looked back to the play the ball and noticed we had numbers on the blind. Being too far wide to take advantage himself, he screamed at Parcell to go the blind option. Unfortunately Walker hesitated between run and pass when quick hands were needed and the play died. But the opportunity was there, and DCE spotted it which I thought showed great awareness. It was very similar to the play Thurston was lauded for when he took the ball on the right only to immediately throw it back to the blind for a try late in the game, difference being he was posted closer to the play the ball so able to execute himself.

image.jpeg
I'm finding it hard to disagree with Billy ... Mbye n Norman maybe ...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8