DCE not playing rep footy again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 3623 I'm finding it hard to disagree with Billy ... Mbye n Norman maybe ...
Norman has passed him on current form, not Mbye though.

DCE needs a playmaker who plays a strong structured style to keep the team to a game plan, whilst he reads what is in front of him. He seems to be stuck between his instinctive style of play and what he thinks he needs to do with no established half next to him.

DCE and Ben Hunt (as an example) would be a great combo. DCE and Thurston not so much, DCE and Milford probably not either. Just my opinion, but I would be looking for a no nonsense half with a solid kicking game who can stick to a game-plan and take pressure off DCE.

To be fair we all know what a great player DCE can be. On the other side of the coin he is our marquee signing and probably on close to double any other players earnings.

I liked what I saw of him in his last game against the cows, you could see glimpses of his dominance. Unlike some halves he never dogs it, even on his worst days he tackles his guts out.
Got a feeling we are going to see the best of him again real soon.

all of the above players except maybe mbye are easily better then DCE at this stage ..... And add Norman , Foran , Maloney ,Reynolds and Townsend .... All above halves are out performing our million dollar baby.
Pretty much every half is out performing DCE

Here's the halves ahead of DCE ATM unfortunately based on form

JT
Cronk
Johnson
Mbye
Norman
Foran
Reynolds
Maloney
Townsend
Hunt
Milford
Morgan
Green
Austin
Sezer
Soward
Wallace
Widdop
Keary
Taylor
Brooks
Moses
Pearce
Hastings

And the sad thing is that this list is not an over exaggeration but I back him to turn his form around

Norman has passed him on current form, not Mbye though.

DCE needs a playmaker who plays a strong structured style to keep the team to a game plan, whilst he reads what is in front of him. He seems to be stuck between his instinctive style of play and what he thinks he needs to do with no established half next to him.

DCE and Ben Hunt (as an example) would be a great combo. DCE and Thurston not so much, DCE and Milford probably not either. Just my opinion, but I would be looking for a no nonsense half with a solid kicking game who can stick to a game-plan and take pressure off DCE.

Hit the nail on the head. I've been arguing this point with my other half (Qlder) for a couple of years now - DCE hasn't had a chance to really shine in the halves at Origin level because he's been brought in to replace Cronk. He's not the 'Cronk' in the combo, he's the 'Thurston' - but because he's played alongside JT, he's been forced to play the role that doesn't come naturally to him.

I think your assessment of the potential combos is pretty much on the money as well - DCE and Hunt would work really well together. You'd think the more astute members of Qld's coaching staff would be aware of this, possibly why Walters doesn't seem to have ruled him out as a future option.

Pretty much every half is out performing DCE

Here's the halves ahead of DCE ATM unfortunately based on form

JT
Cronk
Johnson
Mbye
Norman
Foran
Reynolds
Maloney
Townsend
Hunt
Milford
Morgan
Green
Austin
Sezer
Soward
Wallace
Widdop
Keary
Taylor
Brooks
Moses
Pearce
Hastings

And the sad thing is that this list is not an over exaggeration but I back him to turn his form around

@Turbo , please....

St George actually made the Grand Final the year Tallis sat out (1996). I'm not suggesting for a moment they actually could have beaten Manly that year because our defence was second to none then. But who knows?

And remember about Tallis.....he works for the Titans so of course he was going to be against Cherry backflipping and staying at Manly. His comments should be taken for what they were, bitter.

And quite frankly it had nothing to do with Lewis or Lockyer other than they were pissed that a Qld Origin player would prefer to stay with a Sydney club than move back to Qld to play.

Lewis I will never understand, especially with his love for the Broncos. They (led by Wayne Bennett) treated him like crap in 1990 which led to them sacking him and he ended up at the Seagulls (which wasn't actually a Qld club. They may have been called the "Gold Coast" but at the time they were actually based in NSW). Yet when it comes to club football he thinks that the Broncos are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I am fed up with the whole Gordon Tallis didn't didn't play in 1996 for the Dragons. All of my Dragons mates bring this up all the time. As soon as I mention that Ian Roberts sat the game out as well, they don't know what to say...umm, err, ahh...
Roberts was equal to Tallis in 1996 in my opinion so they cancel each other out. Full stop!

Really can't see Chez dislodging Cronk, Morgan, Milf, Hunt.

He is all ours, just like Cliffy used to be:)

No wear and tear due to Rep games should see him play for the next 8 years :clap:

This is so short sighted. Yes if he made origin he would miss some games for us but it makes the good players great. Being able to shine on the big stage will turn him into a big game player. Come semis and finals is where you will see the benefits. He needs to play his way back into contention and mix with the big boys.

What do you think his form is better than these players I have listed?

You are overly dramatic

Wallace has been playing hooker

Keary has been rubbish

Austin has been out most the year, what form?

Same as Pearce, 1 game.....what form line?

Widdop has been poor bar the last couple of weeks

Cronk, Reynolds (both), Soward, Brooks, Hastings, Moses all have question marks on them

Hunt took a while to warm up

Mbye started on fire but hasn't been amazing the last month

You are overly dramatic

Wallace has been playing hooker

Keary has been rubbish

Austin has been out most the year, what form?

Same as Pearce, 1 game.....what form line?

Widdop has been poor bar the last couple of weeks

Cronk, Reynolds (both), Soward, Brooks, Hastings, Moses all have question marks on them

Hunt took a while to warm up

Mbye started on fire but hasn't been amazing the last month
All those players IMO are playing better than DCE but just my opinion

This is so short sighted. Yes if he made origin he would miss some games for us but it makes the good players great. Being able to shine on the big stage will turn him into a big game player. Come semis and finals is where you will see the benefits. He needs to play his way back into contention and mix with the big boys.
It's the Queenslanders who blacklisted him, not me.@:cool:

JT's comments last year really damaged Chez. He griped that the Team don't need anyone telling them where to go etc. JT should have pulled Chez aside and taught him what Cronk used to do :mad:

They obviously read our forum because I said the exact same thing last week in a couple of threads.

To say DCE has gone backwards since 2011-2013 would be an understatement. The current DCE would be worth less than $500000.
He sure looks a shadow of his former self. I wont write him off though. He has the talent & natural ability to be the premier half in the comp. He just has to click into gear & step up to the challenge. I honestly think we lost very little this season when he was injured. Now the ball is firmly in his court. Sink or swim DCE.

You're entitled to your opinion Turbo.....but where is your team sheet?

Your posts aren't complete without YATT :p
Yes you are right...

Team with halves ahead of DCE

1.Mbye
2.Taylor
3.Moses
4.Brooks
5.Renyolds
6.Milford
7.Jt(c)
8.Morgan
9.Renyolds(gk)