[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Probably needs a good sports psychologist because he is constantly out thinking himself and looks like he is changing his mind at the last second all of time and he rarely gets a grubber through because he leaves it too late in traffic. Geez I hope he gets himself right soon.

Probably needs a good sports psychologist because he is constantly out thinking himself and looks like he is changing his mind at the last second all of time and he rarely gets a grubber through because he leaves it too late in traffic. Geez I hope he gets himself right soon.
Yes, he is a confidence player. Second quessing himself and putting too much pressure on himself to do everything. i also think he is not working well together with his hooker which is so important. He just needs to start enjoying his footy and go back to basics. very hard when you have no other attacking options, if he doesn't come up with something - no one will atm, he is playing well below his best - yet he is the only only likely to pull a try out.

He plays his best when he doesn't have to touch the ball every time and can rely on some of his other players to run a play or do something different - hard with no hooker, full back, 5/8. I hope Cust can keep improving at least. Jake is trying but that play is very pedestrian now. Works well when DCE catches the ball on the run and holds it out in front and either shows and goes or gives good early ball out to to centre, but also requires forwards to win the ruck and play the ball - getting dominated in this area so we look slow from the very play the ball.

I have no doubt as soon as well get that go forward going again and some players back around him will will look better, DCE is down on confidence - but so is the whole team atm

Knights won two premierships with pretty average rosters while Johns played.The second with Sean Rudder at five eight against a Parra side who were statistically a very dominant team over the season. Not sure that’s a failure SE8.
Don't worry I wasn't suggesting Johns or Thurston were failures, nor that DCE is as good as either of those. Simply that you can have a top halfback but still have some dud years. Both those blokes missed finals several times, in fact I think Joey collected a wooden spoon and Thurston came close once or twice as well.

I love DCE but if the club shopped him around I wouldn't be unhappy.

I bet he wins a couple of games for us this year, either field goal or man of match performance.

I love DCE but if the club shopped him around I wouldn't be unhappy.

I bet he wins a couple of games for us this year, either field goal or man of match performance.

Probably the most accurate post of the thread tbh.

That match reinforces that a) dce is a gun player, yet b) he is at his best when he can improvise and chip in (aka. He's the games best 5/8). Point b) because we started on fire and were self-sufficient off of our forwards, meaning he came in and facilitated the attacking punches off the back of the momentum. Yet when we were stuck in the second half we had to rely on his kicking game more than his organisational skills.

Awesome game tonight from him (kicking game unseen like this for a fair while). Cust deserves equal praise as well because he provided plenty of help.

CHAMPIONS ALWAYS RISE
THE LEGEND LIVES ON !!!
3059aef958c21a45eb3f58d620abec81.jpg

He did well especially in the first half, wonderful try, great try assist for Thommo on half time. Second half like the rest of the team too many mistakes. With 8 to go and we are 14 up the play is get the ball into the corners with a kick on the last, he threw a bullet pass and an error and they scored directly from it. DCE has to manage games at the back end its the only real thing that is missing from his game.

He ran the ball a few times. . He didnt even have to dummy for the try. Its round 65 and we scored our first try from a kick. What he did yesterday and to an extent last week also is that he played his role. In fact many consider last week to be DCE worst game. I quite liked the fact that he took a halfbacks head on to the field. Or a number 6 head. It doesnt matter. I hate that loophole

No one expects cherry to be MOM every week. Just to play his role and if he plays that and fails then he is judged on his actions. Currently on this forum he is judged on what he would have done if others were better in magical la la land.
Chery cherry hes our man

Yesterday he met his expectations as a halfback , nothing more for a player of his standing.its great he has fans and keep that chant rolling but if anyone thinks cherries game yesterday justifies the rest of the season, well your missing the point

cherries misgivings have been ahot topic for many years , and i get that gets emotional. But keep context and dont let your emotions embelish his footy.

Para handed us that game on a plate coughing up the ball every time it mattered. Broncos the same

The things that have been missing in cherries game have everything to do with practice and attitude. That is not form its a mind set. He looked under pressure when he ran out yesterday. He should be

Nice win, and he played well. Some might say he earnt his paycheck................THIS WEEK

does this make me a hater ? Of cherry, manly what, because i think as a club. We could use his contract money to strengthen the club by getting a a few players with his money as opposed to the stupid arguement of who would you replace him with. You would get a 6, 7 and a back up 9 or similar

No ones right, its opinion based , but if a footy opinion is scowled at on a footy forum , only to be replaced with chery cherry hes our man, well you can see straight there its headed for trouble

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8