[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
He can't be that bad, he's always being picked for rep duties.
I remember a play named Olsen Filipaina back in the 1980's who was regularly selected for the New Zealand test team from the Easts Reserve Grade team. He couldn't crack first grade but was always being selected for rep duties.

Ryan

Journey Man
This is such a dumb thread, sorry. We are talking about the current QLD Origin and Australian halfback hahaha. See how he shines behind dominant forward packs? He's this good "despite" who he has been tasked to play with by our ****house recruitment and retention.

joeboy

Bencher
He is far from the worst and is in the upper echelon.

He does have some glaring deficiencies in his game and is incredible frustrating to watch.

Still loses his head on the reg in the most inopportune moments

Has many great traits, and for the most part I’m glad he is ours.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I remember a play named Olsen Filipaina back in the 1980's who was regularly selected for the New Zealand test team from the Easts Reserve Grade team. He couldn't crack first grade but was always being selected for rep duties.
So what’s the comparison? DCE plays first grade every week.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned

KNUCKLES

Bencher
This is such a dumb thread, sorry. We are talking about the current QLD Origin and Australian halfback hahaha. See how he shines behind dominant forward packs? He's this good "despite" who he has been tasked to play with by our ****house recruitment and retention.
Technically not the current Australian halfback, he is 2nd string to cleary. As cleary took over in the finals in the world cup, chez only played group games. And prior to clearys rise, from memory when he was actually first string, I think Australia lost to NZ and Tonga in that short period. Australia also lost the pacific championship last year when Chez was filling in for cleary.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just because you get picked in Rep sides, doesn't mean you are a great player. It also means you can be a great Rep player and a rubbish club player.
Agree. dce works beautifully in an 6 m dollar spine with a million dollar half/ hooker on the bench. He becomes the “chip in” guy while everyone else guides the teams fortunes.

I have long had the opinion that while very talented he isnt quite fit for purpose at manly

FFS nate myles was a qld star and his manly career was , well,

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Agree. dce works beautifully in an 6 m dollar spine with a million dollar half/ hooker on the bench. He becomes the “chip in” guy while everyone else guides the teams fortunes.

I have long had the opinion that while very talented he isnt quite fit for purpose at manly

FFS nate myles was a qld star and his manly career was , well,
Take it a step further, look at the team that surrounded him in 2011 when he won a Premiership. He won't win another Premiership and the sooner he retires, the sooner we will move on and find the next great Halfback that is capable of game management and the sooner we will win another Premiership. We only have six year left in this decade to protect our once every decade at least record of Premierships.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Just because you get picked in Rep sides, doesn't mean you are a great player. It also means you can be a great Rep player and a rubbish club player.
Back in the 80s, yeah.

Who was the last player to be picked for rep duties who couldn’t crack first grade?

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Take it a step further, look at the team that surrounded him in 2011 when he won a Premiership. He won't win another Premiership and the sooner he retires, the sooner we will move on and find the next great Halfback that is capable of game management and the sooner we will win another Premiership. We only have six year left in this decade to protect our once every decade at least record of Premierships.
Yeah drives me crazy when people say he delivered us a comp at 7.

Most halfbacks would have won a comp in that team. He played well, but ringmaster he was not.

Thats my take, he isnt the man, lets move on and quick.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Technically not the current Australian halfback, he is 2nd string to cleary. As cleary took over in the finals in the world cup, chez only played group games. And prior to clearys rise, from memory when he was actually first string, I think Australia lost to NZ and Tonga in that short period. Australia also lost the pacific championship last year when Chez filling in for cleary.
If you are a rubbish club player, it follows that you will not be selected in rep teams.
Wally Lewis says hi

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Third week in a row he's been outplayed. This time by Jock Madden, the guy who left the Tigers so he wouldn't have to be the understudy to… wait for it, Luke Brooks.

It looked to me tonight like he was concentrating on not doing anything stupid. As a consequence, he didn't do much at all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12