[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
After we got to the lead in the 2nd half the myth kicks on tackle 3 straight down the phins backs throats trying a hail Mary 40/20 that was never on and they were 1st tackle on the 40m line. From then on we back pedalled with no field position. The guy is an absolute pretender when it comes to under pressure , game management positions to seal a game.
I must admit I was so upset about this as well.

I actually thought at the time he was kicking early to put pressure on them and pin them down but it did the opposite and they went down and scored. However you are prob right - he was trying for a 40/20. Crazy.

Ahh yes I see we’re bringing up DCE’s origin feats. Who gives a **** about the Origin series I’m only interested in what he does for this club, same applies to Turbo.

Yes he usually plays well for those 3 games a year and actually seems to have a semblance of game management in those, but he has Munster holding his hand and running the show with a pretty bloody good squad around them. When he is the main man and has more control over the team, we know how that goes. Just look at our results since our premiership core left and he signed the 8 year contract.

Cleary is often criticised for underperforming in Origin but just won his third straight premiership with one of the best individual performances of all time in the last GF. I personally know what I’d value more 🤷‍♂️

Seriously? DCE is the worst halfback in the world says no-one ever except some idiot Manly supporters...
Do you actually watch the team play"
Trouble is, when you make these sort of statements about DCE, the very next game he has a blinder and he's back in the good books again. This applies to every marquee player running around.

Trouble is, when you make these sort of statements about DCE, the very next game he has a blinder and he's back in the good books again. This applies to every marquee player running around.
I hope you are right, I'm really looking forward to him proving many of us wrong against the Donkies

Not the worst but he is a clown who has wrecked the club. We would have been in no worse a position this last decade if he had gone to the Gold Coast he has delivered us a whole lot of nothing for over a million a season.

A divisive captain and a player that many Manly supporters can not wait to see the back of.

Perspective time ...

Life is filled with Highs and Lows along the way for every one
But Not everyone achieves Greatness along the way like DCE has

A DCE Tribute who has always has been Triumphant through out his Turbulent Times

Glad to see more are opening their eyes on DCE. He's not the worse half back. He's a good player with a good skill set. He's not worth 1 mil+. His game management for someone with so many games is probably the worst I've seen. Overall He's decent enough as he can make some good plays. I just wish he learnt how to control games and not play low percentage plays at the times when his suppose to kick to the corners. Make sure his forwards are making their metres.. instead he would kick early or throw cut out balls. So many times he doesn't plan the set before hand... he will get the ball run one way.. make a circle and get tackled. It's juat frustrating. He would make a run.. realise nothing is on and throw a pass to a flat footed haumole or a lesser player who would make a mistake due to pressure. His defence us getting worse.. the boy can tackle... but his reads in defence causes chaos. He would have made a great number 9 imo. Ah well. Please don't give him another contract.

Perspective time ...

Life is filled with Highs and Lows along the way for every one
But Not everyone achieves Greatness along the way like DCE has

A DCE Tribute who has always has been Triumphant through out his Turbulent Times
They are all individual honors. Our team barely makes the finals under his leadership.

Australia Representative Wins ,State of Origin Wins and Premiership Wins are TEAM honors and TEAM wins my feathered friend
I'm talking about Manly buddy. Of course he's going to win for Australia. It's a two horse race. Origin has been a one horse race.

In fairness to DCE i recall seeing an interview about Foran and himself and DCE mentioned something along the lines of acknowledging he lacks or needs to develop the more composed qualities of managing a game or something to that affect.

But in saying that it's not unfair to expect at his pay grade and experience at the club he should offer more in this regard.

I do think at times DCE does the early kick or low percentage early attacking kick because he doesn't rate the ability of our forward pack to consistently come out of trouble "fitness and thrust wise", he is willing to take the criticism of high risk plays which deflects the attention off our poor forward pack over the years.(that is a form of leadership to a degree)

A leader needs to inspire his troops and push his forwards into quality hitups when required to encourage a disciplined display no matter how exhausted they look. By taking the high risk/low percentage big gain options and playing too off the cuff it encourages a more relaxed, lazy or less involved performance in others.

The short side intercept play is what annoys most fans, he didn't really count the numbers it was three on three(sure his skip on the outside of his defender might have created an overlap by sucking the second man in) but really his only options was a show and go or a short pass to either on his outside that the second defender in could easily read and try for an intercept knowing DCE was covered anyway.

His short side plays are too predictable and bordering on a Chad Randall auto pilot mentality.

DCE probably has the best or close to the best rounded skillset in the game but his application is average at best----this is why he is judged so harshly, also being a well spoken thoughtful type you would think this would translate well in game IQ, leadership and management but it doesn't.

If DCE played for any of the Qld teams they would all perform well, i just feel that environment would get the best out of him and the players would look up to him more being an experienced outsider who has won a premiership. At Manly many just see him as either riding off our quality players of the past or "over selfishly" tried to extract too much out of the club financially.

Tom and Jake can take that load and similar criticsm now lol so the pressure is off DCE which might help his game.

DCE has only been good when he has been in strong teams. Since he has been the main man at Manly, he has been inconsistent and does so many stupid things that I shake my head at. I think the club we only move forward when he has retired and let's hope the club unearths someone who is better suited to the current game and has the "run the ball 1st" mentality.

DCE has only been good when he has been in strong teams. Since he has been the main man at Manly, he has been inconsistent and does so many stupid things that I shake my head at. I think the club we only move forward when he has retired and let's hope the club unearths someone who is better suited to the current game and has the "run the ball 1st" mentality.

If we do unearth someone young and Seibs is still coach.
He will sell him to a team with a coach that can coach and short term Seibs will try and sign Seezer

In fairness to DCE i recall seeing an interview about Foran and himself and DCE mentioned something along the lines of acknowledging he lacks or needs to develop the more composed qualities of managing a game or something to that affect.

But in saying that it's not unfair to expect at his pay grade and experience at the club he should offer more in this regard.

I do think at times DCE does the early kick or low percentage early attacking kick because he doesn't rate the ability of our forward pack to consistently come out of trouble "fitness and thrust wise", he is willing to take the criticism of high risk plays which deflects the attention off our poor forward pack over the years.(that is a form of leadership to a degree)

A leader needs to inspire his troops and push his forwards into quality hitups when required to encourage a disciplined display no matter how exhausted they look. By taking the high risk/low percentage big gain options and playing too off the cuff it encourages a more relaxed, lazy or less involved performance in others.

The short side intercept play is what annoys most fans, he didn't really count the numbers it was three on three(sure his skip on the outside of his defender might have created an overlap by sucking the second man in) but really his only options was a show and go or a short pass to either on his outside that the second defender in could easily read and try for an intercept knowing DCE was covered anyway.

His short side plays are too predictable and bordering on a Chad Randall auto pilot mentality.

DCE probably has the best or close to the best rounded skillset in the game but his application is average at best----this is why he is judged so harshly, also being a well spoken thoughtful type you would think this would translate well in game IQ, leadership and management but it doesn't.

If DCE played for any of the Qld teams they would all perform well, i just feel that environment would get the best out of him and the players would look up to him more being an experienced outsider who has won a premiership. At Manly many just see him as either riding off our quality players of the past or "over selfishly" tried to extract too much out of the club financially.

Tom and Jake can take that load and similar criticsm now lol so the pressure is off DCE which might help his game.
You think it's because of his polarising personality that he doesn't command the respect required. Seems like it's been this way for a decade. Do you think any coach has sat in there after a loss over the last decade and absolutely given it to DCE in vitriolic spades for some of his headless chook efforts. He just comes across as the untouchable , teflon jock who can do no wrong and if we fuk up it's always someone else's fault. I've not seen anything like a close team since we lost Lyon as captain. The spirit of '78 and '08 eras was killed when Arko and then Delmege departed and the pc $$$ brigade of Penn , DCE and the Trbojevics took over. Seems these days property portfolios far outweighs community spirit behind a football club.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12