David Perry new Ceo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dunno peoples deep down opinion of Todd Greenburg, but i think he fits a similar mold for CEO and i for one welcome a more youthful, market savvy leader.. GO MANLY

Fluffy said:
better bring on boags as a major sponsor asap and make sure they serve at the groud or out the door for you

The only problem with that is that we'll be known as the Manly boagans, having said that I wouldn't give a rats, it's all about the dollars.

WAMF said:
I wish him all the best in the new role and look forward to the Sea Eagles securing a major sponsor in the foreseeable future.

tookey said:
Sack him if he dares to wear a polo shirt in Townsville.

Tooks, you see, once he's snagged a major
sponsor, he can wear whatever the hell he likes.

Agree. If he signs a $2m pa sponsor he can even wear nothing if he wants. Maybe he can convince J Boags to sponsor us and they can give out free samples at home games

stoodamire said:
14th of June

So based on the last CEO the new CEO will announce the re-signing of Hoppa, Bhurer and Des on 15/6.

Can we read anything into that he's been named as a Chief Operating Officer as opposed to the CEO which was Lowes title.

His brief will obviously be with the commercial side of things, but if he learnt one thing at the Dragons, hopefully it was he knows which hands you have to grease to get enough money for a stadium upgrade.

No!!! He went to a North Shore school!! Bears boy ;)

Masked Eagle said:
Can we read anything into that he's been named as a Chief Operating Officer as opposed to the CEO which was Lowes title.

His brief will obviously be with the commercial side of things, but if he learnt one thing at the Dragons, hopefully it was he knows which hands you have to grease to get enough money for a stadium upgrade.

No. A good example is the boss at my work. At first he was not called CEO. He was brought in to improve Operations (marketing, sales etc.) and was called the Chief Operating Officer. then he was changed to CEO.

It basically means that the focus of the Sea Eagles will be moving to a more Marketing/sales role which is why this guy was chosen as he has the knowledge and experience

Masked Eagle said:

means that he needs to get results before lowe formally steps down as i believe COO requires less votes of the board to dismiss compared to that of a CEO.

Boags...lovely drop. If he can replace those bloody useless lanyards we get in the membership packs with a 6 pack voucher for Boags I'd be happy!:)

Education
• Graduated from Marist College Nth Shore in 1986
(Good solid education, and should be well and truly grounded)

• Completed Diploma in Marketing/Business-2002/2003
(Ethan - my son who is 7 could acquire this, so meh)

• Completed Various Sales and Presentation courses
(Excellent, excellent, excellent)

Career Profile
• 1987-90- ANZ Bank - Various Roles
(Wouldn't have been the best time to be in Banking, and would have been exceptionally challenging, and great experience)

• 1991-97- Hotel Management Roles between Sydney and Perth
(People leadership skills, excellent. I have clients who are a Hotel Management group, and they are VERY cluey. They need lots of different elements to be succesful)

• 1997-2000- Westpac Bank- holding various positions from settlements officer in the money market to FX dealer from 1997 – 2000.
(FX Dealer would be a role where a LOT of money, with very sharp transactions are required. Would be a very stressful role. Bank's don't put bums in these roles)

• 2000- 2008- J Boag and Son Brewing-NSW State Manager.
(The biggest thing here for me, is people leadership again. Being in the role a long time, one would assume a good level of success was achieved, and I'm sure the business was very results oriented. Also, look at the competition in the marketplace - would have laid very strong foundations)

• Joined the St George Illawarra Dragons in 2008
(Off the field, they are a very stable group since 2008. Always on the improve in many ways).

All in all, a very solid curriculum vitae.

Looks solid however i am not sure how people can confuse an operations role with a marketing role

lsz said:
Looks solid however i am not sure how people can confuse an operations role with a marketing role
im with you there LSZ

Operations people live in the real world where as marketing people live in a fantasy world ;)

I am very happy in my ivory tower (which i have created in my own mind...)

Dave Perry was a year behind me at Marist College but is the same age. I played cricket with him for many years. I think he was just solid at school and was a good sportsman. Played lower grade cricket for Norths and was a decent 5/8 or centre in junior footy. He comes from a good family and a couple of his brothers were pretty keen Bears supporters. I think he was too but we won't hold that against him.

I haven't seen him for about 10 years but his career path in that time looks promising for taking on this role. He's a personable bloke and will have enough ego to hold his own with the various entrenched personalities at the club.

I wish him all the best and it will be very interesting to see how he goes.

As a side note Dave played park cricket for Brothers at Nth Sydney with Mick Watson for a number of years. Mick went on to be CEO at the Warriors for about 5 years. He should be able to provide some useful tips for the role.

Bradza said:
Dave Perry was a year behind me at Marist College but is the same age. I played cricket with him for many years. I think he was just solid at school and was a good sportsman. Played lower grade cricket for Norths and was a decent 5/8 or centre in junior footy. He comes from a good family and a couple of his brothers were pretty keen Bears supporters. I think he was too but we won't hold that against him.

I haven't seen him for about 10 years but his career path in that time looks promising for taking on this role. He's a personable bloke and will have enough ego to hold his own with the various entrenched personalities at the club.

It will be very interesting to see how he goes.

does that mean he repeated?

dumb dumb...lol!

No, you had two age groups in each year at school because it was roughly based on about a June cut off. ie: you started kindergarten when you were 5 or if you were going to turn 5 by about June in that year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4