• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On Zero Tackle, Dave Taylor is still listed as 'Unsigned'. I believe the latest news was he has signed with the Toronto Wolfpack but has got a case of cold feet. If ZT is correct in listing him as 'Unsigned', would he be worth chasing? On another thread on ST, it was mentioned that Manly like to bring in players heading toward the back end of their career. Josh Perry was an example used. I see Dave Taylor being very similar as Perry. A big powerful unit with a heap of experience. Ideally (and hypothetically) if he was available....to sign or not to sign?

Considering the Coal Train Taylor is 27/28 yrs old, with the right coaching staff and environment of the northern beaches, and a coach that players seemingly likes playing for, and having Cherry-Evans, a fellow Queenslander running the show. I think Barrett could something out of him.

Powered by ForumApps

Agree he can be a damaging and skilful player .. But we would be the 6th club to try and unlock the enigma that is Taylor.

No from me ... we have some handy young blokes in the 20's that I would prefer to get the opportunity of one getting one of the scarce spots left on our roster for 2nd tier players.

It doesnt take much foresight to see the odds are far too long in unlocking the big fellas potential. He aint getting any younger either. Turns 30 next year. Definitely no thanks

Taylor has no interest in being a Team player. Does what he wants and has wasted his talents at numerous Clubs:cool:

Dumb is an overstatement and he is in no way like Josh Perry :shake:
Well he is like Perry in that they are both human males, but that's about where the similarities end.

How'd he get the nickname Coal Train anyway? Was that self anointed? He's more like Thomas the Tank Engine, constantly being given opportunities that he always ****s up.

Well he is like Perry in that they are both human males, but that's about where the similarities end.

How'd he get the nickname Coal Train anyway? Was that self anointed? He's more like Thomas the Tank Engine, constantly being given opportunities that he always ****s up.

Maybe he sings the blues ..

I think it's his early years in Rockhampton that got him the Coal Train nickname.

Gladstone is full of coal trains :giggle:

I remember being disappointed when he chose Souths over Manly, Just like when Topou chose Ricky and the sharks over Manly,.
Two bazooka sized bullets dodged

The Coal train is a huge 187 cm and 131kg and at 29 years of age he still has 3 destructive years in him .
Under Ricky this year and off the bench the coal train made his presence felt .
If the right coach can get him at the right price and get him playing right then you cant go wrong with this beast .
In the NRL Big and Powerful is beautiful .
For those on here that think the coal train is past it , try and get in front of him at your nearest train station and try to stop him ;)

Last edited:
The Coal train is a huge 187 cm and 131kg and at 29 years of age and he still has 3 destructive years in him .
Under Ricky this year and off the bench the coal train made his presence felt .
If the right coach can get him at the right price and get him playing right then you cant go wrong with this beast .
In the NRL Big and Powerful is beautiful .
For those on here that think the coal train is past it , try and get in front of him at your nearest train station and try to stop him ;)

Huge gamble to see him "hopefully play well"!

Offer him $15k per match if he wreaks havoc for 40 minutes ie; 150+ metres, minimum of 5 tackle breaks and needs to complete 25 tackles a game. Doesn't meet the "smashing" requirements = no pay.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4