Dally M's - merged thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Dally M's

The people choice award is not a true award either as it is voted for online and can be manipulated hence is why Hindmarsh got it so many times

Lol at headline moment as well to give to one of their nuffie journos

RE: The Ultimate Snub

The best bit about Barba getting the Dally M .... he now has the kiss of death and will have a massive form slump next year, based on winners in recent years.

Dally M's

barrack o barba said:
Geez , talk about the maroon and white glasses on , Lyon is a good player but immortal ............ he won't even play for his state .

Mentioning his name in the same breath as Fulton , Beetson , Lewis and Churchill is a bit much . Great player , but so was Mal Meninga

Lol this is a Manly forum what do you expect?!?!

Canterbury have been around for nearly 80 years but still you don't have an Immortal, what's the go there BoB?

Mals said:
barrack o barba said:
Geez , talk about the maroon and white glasses on , Lyon is a good player but immortal ............ he won't even play for his state .

Mentioning his name in the same breath as Fulton , Beetson , Lewis and Churchill is a bit much . Great player , but so was Mal Meninga

Canterbury have been around for nearly 80 years but still you don't have an Immortal, what's the go there BoB?

Lol boom

mozgrame said:
I thought G. Piggins nailed his speech. It just showed the true amount of wankery and bull****tedness that the DM's incorporate. For a bloke to announce the nominees of an award, and not have the slightest clue what he is talking (reading) about is ridiculous in the extreme. Well done to all involved in this farce of an awards night. Geeez. Kasiano - Best prop. That'll do me.

agree moz, kasiano wouldnt make my top 10

I know AFL is not everyones cup of tea but do yourselves a favour and watch the Brownlow medal just to compare the 2. The NRL seriously are a laughing stock when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Awards or NRL Premiership??

2012 premiership with daylight 2nd.
Not overly concerned with lack of Dally M acknowledgement & if you trace back recent success, Manly have very few rated as the BEST player in their respective positions yet have dominated the premiership as a TEAM.
The old philosophy of "a champion team will always beat a team of champions" rings true with this current Seaeagles team.
Whilst there will be debates on who deserves awards, I dont give a rats in comparison to another pemiership in 2012 & besides the Lyon clanger, most are arguably fair depending on which team you support.
In time the only thing ppl remember is who won the premiership & the players involved in that TEAM, will get more recognition than those who win these awards.

Tweets from Mr Invisibles boyfriend Capt Kickarse

Lol
Tosser

Ahh what a night ! While Bulldogs are sweeping the awards, Manly win best coin tossers & Toovs don't rate a mention. #DallyM #NRL

@therealdale @cambo96 Give credit where it's due and admit Bulldogs are a superior club. Go on. Suck it up & speak the troof boys. ;)

I didn't think Sam Kasiano could win a Dally M award after being suspended or is that the Dally M itself?

The DM's are a News Ltd award and should be seen as such. Not much. Uate, winger of the year? Kasiano? Morris? Barba? Just stupid. I lost interest when Orford won.

People's Choice is an indication of which big fan-base get's in the most votes. Obviously the Parramatta fans have given up on the year, so the Dogs fans dominated.

The whole Dally M concept is a fraud and the positional awards are a sham.

The sooner the ARLC take over the awards (perhaps working hand-in-hand with the RLPA), the better.

Stevo said:
I didn't think Sam Kasiano could win a Dally M award after being suspended or is that the Dally M itself?

I think they changed it after the golden child Slater missed out on the Dally M a few years ago due to suspension. Now you just get deducted points or something depending on how many weeks suspension you get. So it becomes a "best and sort of fairest, as long as you don't get suspended for a long time" award.

Mals said:
barrack o barba said:

That is true , but thankfully we didn't have Hoppo Snr either

Barba did well to get so many points for a team that is at the top of the ladder. The dogs must sweat on the health of Barba. If you see Barba go down injured quickly log on to your favourite betting agency and lay the dogs for all you can afford. They can not win it without him.
when it comes to Dally m points, manly have a big disadvantage, too many players fighting for points. It sucks that we usually have 5-6 players dominate each game, and more often then not we get a blinding performance from a bench player or lesser light. Every player in maroon and white are capable of a man of the match performance. No other club has that talent, commitment and conditioning. It is a credit to the players and support staff.
Why would anyone want to support another club has me beat??

I don't know about the rest of you but I stopped watching after 5 mins. For some reason I didn't like Phelan as the host.

to go to the extreme ..if a player was considered 4th best player out of 34 for all of the 24 matches they play he gets no points and yet he would consider (in my opinion) the most valuable player in the comp. It has been discussed before be we do not have the out and out "stars" except for Killer. When players are at the high level that all our players are and work as a team and have so many different bests each week we will not feature heavily in DM awards. Would find it difficult to swap any of our players to create a better TEAM.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4