Dally M's - merged thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Dally M's

southsideeagle said:
to go to the extreme ..if a player was considered 4th best player out of 34 for all of the 24 matches they play he gets no points and yet he would consider (in my opinion) the most valuable player in the comp. It has been discussed before be we do not have the out and out "stars" except for Killer. When players are at the high level that all our players are and work as a team and have so many different bests each week we will not feature heavily in DM awards. Would find it difficult to swap any of our players to create a better TEAM.

Manly are a very good team and their players are superstars .
Des Hasler .

OneEyedEagle said:
I don't know about the rest of you but I stopped watching after 5 mins. For some reason I didn't like Phelan as the host.

With him as host I didn't even bother watching!!

RE: The Ultimate Snub

lismore_fan said:
ManlyBacker said:
Kingie and Killer won Captains of the year. Well done guys.

Somehow I think this was a piecemeal offering.

I agree with this and everything you said. It was like it was a throw-away award when they knew the positional awards had been already decided and we didn't get a look-in during the nomination stage.

I'm moving on from it and focusing on the real stuff.

RE: Awards or NRL Premiership??

I'm with you MKE. At the end of the day the premiership is all that matters. Hopefully the awards snub will highten the boys resolve and determination going into the semis.

ARLC have already intimated that they will be reviewing the role that the Dally M's have as our premier award and more importantly the role that News Ltd have in administering the award.

Bring back the Rothmans Medal, it was always held in higher esteem anyway.

Des must feel weird this morning, He would have scoffed at the awards years ago and used it as motivation for the semis. But now he is on the Dark Side they love him and cant get enough of him or his players. Its going to be hard for Des to use his best weapon the seige mentality when the papers and Fox are having a love affair with the Bulldogs. We should probably thank News Ltd for these awards they are fantastic motivation. At the end of the day Kevin Moore won coach of the year in 2009 and 2 years later he was sacked by his own family and couldnt even get a start anywhere else. That is proof that the awards are not based on actual talent because you would think a legitimate coach of the year would be sought after even if he was sacked.

i liked the end result, just adds extra pressure to those glorified by the evening in the big games ahead. and also proved what a great 'team' we have. no one or two stand outs carrying the club. silly time of the year to have them really, but hey what can ya do. Compare DCE's public speaking to his first appearance on tv, the kid has come so far in such a short time without anything getting to his head. future legend.

conanu said:
Des must feel weird this morning, He would have scoffed at the awards years ago and used it as motivation for the semis. But now he is on the Dark Side they love him and cant get enough of him or his players. Its going to be hard for Des to use his best weapon the seige mentality when the papers and Fox are having a love affair with the Bulldogs. We should probably thank News Ltd for these awards they are fantastic motivation. At the end of the day Kevin Moore won coach of the year in 2009 and 2 years later he was sacked by his own family and couldnt even get a start anywhere else. That is proof that the awards are not based on actual talent because you would think a legitimate coach of the year would be sought after even if he was sacked.

While it must have had the look of absolute disloyalty from the outside , Kevin Moore had ' lost the dressing ' room and had the board not acted we wouldnt be in this position today , the same can be said for your board too .
I think his dislike of journo's didnt help Tooves and I was surprised he didnt get nominated . Go Des

I remember the sat night game in 2011 when you guys absolutely smashed us , made us look like an under 12s team , was then it dawned on me how mentally tough the Sea Eagles are .

So what do you think was the reason that Des didnt get any recognition whilst he was at Manly he still hates journos, Difference is that now those same Journos are on the Bulldogs payroll and they love him.

And my point still stands if Kevin Moore was a legitimate coach of the year then he would be coaching somewhere else now. He was never worthy of Coach of the year it was only given to him because the Dogs are related to News Ltd. Proof of that is that he is no longer coaching anywhere!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6