Dally M - Questions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
I know at the end of each game certain media personalities judge the 3-2-1 point for Player of the Year or Dally M.

The other awards, how are they judged and by whom and how do the players get nominated?

The Proven-Summons award, what's that for?
In all their professionalism, they forgot to tell the public why Hindy received it.

Who judges Coach of the Year and what's the criteria?

Any other awards? and why?

Provan Summons is fan voted.

Same people who vote on normal dally m vote on coach of the year.

The whole process is News Ltd biased. Just an excuse for footballers to wear a suit and their partners to wear very little. Another 'award' for Hindmarsh says it all. Completely irrelevant.

DSM5 said:
Another 'award' for Hindmarsh says it all. Completely irrelevant.

He looked a bit sheepish accepting it this year and I thought there was an awkward silence when it was announced! He's looked very tired and slow in 2011. This is his 5th such award. I think they trick the parra supporters into ringing by telling them they'll win a free pizza.

Appparently the position awards are part based on the polling through the season and part based on some kind of overall judges opinion. In other words they can do what they like with it if someone happens to be high on the ladder who they don't think should win it.:-/

Jeez it was a Storm "Love Fest" wasn't it......almost like "gee we took all those points away, and had to admit your were cheating bastards BUT we are so happy you have done so well this year so here's lots of awards to gte you back on your feet again"

Cynical I know, but that's me!!

The thing that stunned me in the positional awards was Jesse Bromwich being nominated in the prop of the year category. He's had a pretty good year I guess but to say he's in the top 4 props of the year is a bit of a stretch.

Glenn Stewart probably would have won the Dally M if not for his moment of madness. Very costly exercise Glenn.

What points did Glenn end up on if you ignored the -9 for suspension. Would he had caught Slater if he had polled in Broncos game ?

Dally M's are a kiss arse exercise from News.

Player's prefer to get the RLPA awards (voted on by there peers)
and for International the RLIF awards

Chip and Chase said:
What points did Glenn end up on if you ignored the -9 for suspension. Would he had caught Slater if he had polled in Broncos game ?

he would have been on 27 going into 25.

probably wouldnt have got any against Mel, but would have been a chance.

to say he "probably would have won" might have been a bit of a stretch.

Chip and Chase said:
27. at least he didnt have to sit there. According to all the 'highlights' Manly in second position was well and truly 'Under the Radar'.
Will be all the more sweeter October 2nd :)

HappilyManly said:
Chip and Chase said:
27. at least he didnt have to sit there. According to all the 'highlights' Manly in second position was well and truly 'Under the Radar'.
Will be all the more sweeter October 2nd :)

He may have even gotten points v Storm too

There was probably no real surprises as far as the awards were concerned except for Hindmarsh.

The Melbourne big 3 deserved their awards, Bellamy deserved his, as did all the others. Well done to Killer and Daly!

The funniest line the whole night (not that there were many), was Brendan Cowell telling the Storm table to enjoy the chicken wings...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6