Dale Copley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with Nice Beaver, Copley would arguably be a incremental improvement but not worth the signing.

I still hear the odd Aitken rumour and that is one I could get on board with otherwise lets look at developing Suli, Garrick, Funa and Hoppoate this season and perhaps buy a genuine gun next year

He was close to their best against cows, scored a great try and has beaten off young Zac for a starting spot so probably missed the boat there.

He is just what we need. Tough as nails and finds the line if an opportunity presents.

Maybe wait to see what Des has up his sleeve. He can't effectively gauge the present roster till a few rounds have been played. As many have said, the theme for 2019 should be improved defence, improved game plans & structures plus giving young players a genuine chance.

Manly does need more speed in the backs, esp. the three quarters & a damaging running backrower, like TPJ, Kikau or Taumalolo. Maybe AFB, with his off loads, could fill that role with shortened spells each half.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Garrick given a crack in Parker’s place once Hoppa gets his debut.
I don’t know where they could fit in to our team but I’d prefer Dufty over Aitken. There’s no obvious spot for either of them so I would persist past round 1 before determining if we need a particular mid-season signing. The thing that turns me off Aitken is his small frame. Walker has speed to make up for his eaqully small frame, but unlike walker- Aitken plays a power game. His playing style is not dissimilar to Foran. That playing style is admirable but not very sustainable as other examples have shown
I look forward to a team sheet that reads Turbo, Paseka and Tangles before I truly asses what’s still missing

Aitken would be an awesome signing for the right price. I'm sure the dragons would have to pay some of the freight if it was to happen as well. The only problem in the market at the moment is pretty much 95% of the quality players are locked down for the next few years. That means if we want to recruit big names we have to pay massive overs for them or scout young and develop like we've been trying to do

I don’t know where they could fit in to our team but I’d prefer Dufty over Aitken
Haven't ever watched too much of St Merge or Aitken but when I have he has generally done quite well in attack. Not so sure about his defence. Dufty - no thanks, he seems like a Scott Donald type, great speed but not much else.

A journeyman who is a step up from Jono Wright but that's not saying very much, really.
Let's bring Hoppa, Funa and Garrick in to NRL and see which one of them develops!

Totally agree mate. It is the future of the club over the next four / five years. Add Tom, still reckon Will Hoppa will return next year and be around for 2 -3 years, DCE , it makes the sound of a very strong backline. I still not sure on Suli despite everyone's wraps on him. 5/8 s still the concern.

Was chatting today with bloke who reckons Reynolds is on the outer and his club is looking to offload at any cost. Know we are top ended with 3 or 4 fringe 5/8's but would you catch and release if we got him cheap for 2 years?
He’d bring passion and energy that is for sure, and he has worked with Des before. For me, we already have the answer to our 5/8 issue in the form of Cust or Metcalf but it is just a question of how long we are willing to wait for them to mature. I really want to see Cust in first grade by the end of the year (unless Elgey recaptures his form from a few years ago).

He’d bring passion and energy that is for sure, and he has worked with Des before. For me, we already have the answer to our 5/8 issue in the form of Cust or Metcalf but it is just a question of how long we are willing to wait for them to mature. I really want to see Cust in first grade by the end of the year (unless Elgey recaptures his form from a few years ago).
I always thought Elgey has shown enough in attack but has always been let down by his defence. If last week is anything to go by, he'll be able to hold his own. Would like to see him contribute more in attack but his defence was fantastic - particularly some of his big one-on-one tackles against Marsters and Benji.

He’s past it. Can’t believe Brenko Lee is keeping the ‘Don’ out of1st grade.

Was chatting today with bloke who reckons Reynolds is on the outer and his club is looking to offload at any cost. Know we are top ended with 3 or 4 fringe 5/8's but would you catch and release if we got him cheap for 2 years?

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback but could I ask why the negative feedback? Firstly I have been tying to be really politically correct recently, an secondly I question whether a seasoned 5/8 is better than a hope and a pray that our fringe 5/8's are able to deliver? I am sure what we all want is wins? I accept we need to steer clear of other's problem child's, and I accept how many roosters can you have in the hen house. But a proven performer in big league football has to be better than what we are delivering.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4