Dalai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn't they just extend his contact? If Paulo leaves as well it says a lot about his coaching.

So Far, Niukore, Mahoney, Papalili gone and Matterson on the outer, they'll be waiting a few more years to win a premiership

‘Haven’t got a clue’: Club legends slam ‘pathetic’ Eels after losing Mahoney to rivals​

There are a lot of Parramatta fans fuming over the loss of Reed Mahoney — and none more so than two club legends, Ray Price and Mick Cronin.

The duo didn’t hold back when contacted by The Daily Telegraph, with Price calling the Eels’ decision-makers “pathetic.”
Mahoney has reportedly agreed to a four-year deal with the Bulldogs worth $650,000 a season The deal trumps the offer the Eels are understood to have offered — three years at $500,000 a season.

The 23-year-old’s defection comes one week after teammate Isaiah Papali’i signed with the Wests Tigers and two weeks after another Eel Marate Niukore signed with the Warriors.
Price — a premiership-winning captain who played 258 games for the club — questioned the club’s plans before taking a swing at the club’s efforts to make former players feel welcome.

“What are they doing? He is a quality hooker. He is a very good player. But so is Papali’i,” he told the Telegraph.

“Jesus Christ. It can’t go on like this. They need players and they are just letting them go.

“There is not much we can do because they just don’t listen to anyone.

“We are the only team that won something and they couldn’t give a s**t about us.

“The majority of the people that are having anything to do with the club and the side wouldn’t know a footballer if he picked his nose.
“They haven’t got a clue. They are pathetic.”
A disappointed Cronin admitted he can’t blame Mahoney for taking the attractive offer but pointed out how much the game has changed.

Cronin turned down big offers to stick with Parramatta several times throughout his 10-year career and believes many of his teammates did too.

“Blokes like Ella, Kenny, Price and Sterling would all come into that category,” Cronin told the Telegraph.

“They would have all taken unders to stay.

“I am not going to be hypocritical because the club can get rid of you pretty quick.
“But it disappoints me from a game perspective that there is not a lot of loyalty. It is just the modern game.

“All I am saying is that the game has changed. It seems to be all about the dollar.

“That is dead set a good offer and I can’t blame him.

“But as I said, it probably shows you to a degree now that it is just about the money.”

The Telegraph reports Mahoney struggled with decision before informing Eels coach Brad Arthur on Thursday.

His manager, Sam Ayoub has shut down any speculation that it’s caused tension with Arthur that could lead to an immediate release.

“Of course, like the rest of the squad there, his ambition is to be winning the comp with Parramatta (in 2022),” Ayoub told the Telegraph.

Prior to losing Mahoney, the Eels had already been accused of lowballing their players given they tried but failed to retain Niukore and Papali’i. Skipper Clint Gutherson re-signed last weekend but it was a drawn-out process due to the club not tabling an initial offer that was good enough.

Eels chairman Sean McElduff hit back in an interview with The Daily Telegraph, labelling the criticism as “absurd.”

There was a swap deal in the pipeline last year; Ryan Matterson for Marty Taupau. I kid you not. I think it was around the time the Eels ended up blooding their late bloomer Makatoa and Matterson found himself both dropped at one point and benched on another occasion.
Ultimately it fell through and doesn't really make a lot sense. We don't need an edge forward on marquee money and unless the Eels are hit with an injury crisis, they don't really need Taupau either.
I think there have definitely been occasions where Manly are happy to let Taupau go to free up $$$ but no one else wants to pay him the money he can get at Manly so he stays.

‘Haven’t got a clue’: Club legends slam ‘pathetic’ Eels after losing Mahoney to rivals​

There are a lot of Parramatta fans fuming over the loss of Reed Mahoney — and none more so than two club legends, Ray Price and Mick Cronin.

The duo didn’t hold back when contacted by The Daily Telegraph, with Price calling the Eels’ decision-makers “pathetic.”
Mahoney has reportedly agreed to a four-year deal with the Bulldogs worth $650,000 a season The deal trumps the offer the Eels are understood to have offered — three years at $500,000 a season.
And who could blame them...I'd be fuming too. What a player to lose, specially after losing the others. Wouldn't you think they'd do more to keep him!

I thought Mahoney being a Queenslander may go to the Dolphins, though I know they're after the Cheese. Certainly didn't expect him to go to the Dogs but I guess $650k x 4 years would be hard to refuse, even if its at the Dogs.

And who could blame them...I'd be fuming too. What a player to lose, specially after losing the others. Wouldn't you think they'd do more to keep him!

I thought Mahoney being a Queenslander may go to the Dolphins, though I know they're after the Cheese. Certainly didn't expect him to go to the Dogs but I guess $650k x 4 years would be hard to refuse, even if its at the Dogs.
Originally he is a dog's junior.. so I guess it makes a bit of sense

Things are getting ugly over on the 1 Eye Eel. A number of posters have accused the Dalai of clearing space in the team for his sons. A number have suggested sacking the board or (in typical Parra fashion) that the board members should shoot themselves. A number have attacked Gutho ("Capt prancing man bun ego") claiming the club should have concentrated on tying up key players rather than pandering to Gutho's ego. Very, very few are voicing any support for the club, coach or board. Sad days for the Eels :)

Things are getting ugly over on the 1 Eye Eel. A number of posters have accused the Dalai of clearing space in the team for his sons. A number have suggested sacking the board or (in typical Parra fashion) that the board members should shoot themselves. A number have attacked Gutho ("Capt prancing man bun ego") claiming the club should have concentrated on tying up key players rather than pandering to Gutho's ego. Very, very few are voicing any support for the club, coach or board. Sad days for the Eels :)
So standard fare over there then.

It’s been a blood bath on Twitter as well - great off season fun 😀

What a time to be alive

If I've had a bad day, feeling down and little depressed, I just go to the Parra forums for some light entertainment and laugh's. I just scroll away at all the comments. It puts the day into perspective, no matter how bad things are , it's never as bad as the Eel's...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4