Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daily Telegraph

robbiea

Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Nobheads ,I thought they are forever doing courses on drinking and consequences and their perception in the public eye.

yokahontas

Can read the thing here

It was about Manly player, but "On this occasion we have chosen not to name the Sea Eagles player" > https://outline.com/FGX9JR

Meanwhile nothing to said at all about an AFL player that is all over the southern newspapers. https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-jack-watts-under-fire-oktoberfest-video/065a82b8-bd42-4bb0-988e-7cc7697c71be
Oh, but that was some totally legal tobacco product he was snorting, didn’t you hear?

Funny how it’s never drugs going up the nose, it’s always some obscure, totally legal, product, or Wizz Fizz, or chalk...it’s unthinkable that a young, cashed-up footy player would be doing drugs! Heavens, no! @:eek:

MissKate

Premium Member
Nice ploy by rothtool in not naming the player, all that does is have a cloud hanging over all the players heads. Good way to unsettle the player group a bit, as well as scare off player sponsors

Batty

Nice ploy by rothtool in not naming the player, all that does is have a cloud hanging over all the players heads. Good way to unsettle the player group a bit, as well as scare off player sponsors
And look at how upset it's got a lot of Manly supporters.... One can only imagine what the general public think about our squad now.

Rootfool the crisis merchants job is done.... All over a drunken $20 mistake.

Ranger

Armchair Expert
This is a very ordinary look... but it is also worth pointing out that no one here has any context of how that alleged situation unfolded, apart from what the Brown Muscat connoisseur wrote in the DT.

A nice diversion from the complete dumpster fire that is the Sharks at present though.

Last edited:

Batty

This is a very ordinary look... but it is also worth pointing out that no one here has any context of how that alleged situation unfolded, apart from what the Brown Muscat connoisseur wrote in the DT.

A nice diversion from the complete dumpster fire that is the Sharks at present though.
Yep. Without doubt it steers the focus away from the potentially premiership stripping salary cap investigation that's currently taking place. It's oh so quiet to the focus Manly got....

Agree about the context too... I'm sure whoever it was wasn't in a rational frame of mind contemplating their salary as apposed to the bar staff at the time... Probably just being a dick in front of his mates after having too many schooners....mistakes get made.

Gee whiz, with everything wrong in League right now, I'm shocked this even got brought up...I wonder how many other clubs have players who make silly mistakes on the grog but the DT let's it slide....

Rootfool is very good at 2 things... Creating a crisis out if nothing....and putting **** on Manly. Successful on both counts here in my opinion.

StuBoot

2019 Tipping Competitor

Yep, could be a simple mistake like they do at church - put in a tenner and pull out a twenty.
If you're questioned about it, just say incredulously...."But all I had was a fifty! I was just getting some change"

Really!
Is there people that actually throw a lobster in the tip jar?
I can't recall seeing any tip jar on a bar with any notes in them, maybe the occasional gold coin at a pinch.

The '47ers

Notorious NRL
Really!
Is there people that actually throw a lobster in the tip jar?
I can't recall seeing any tip jar on a bar with any notes in them, maybe the occasional gold coin at a pinch.
The boss might have thrown a 20 in to entice the public to feel like they had to deep dig to avoid looking cheap!

Spartan Eagle

And look at how upset it's got a lot of Manly supporters.... One can only imagine what the general public think about our squad now.

This would never have happened on Trent Barrett's watch ...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
May not even have happened of course but it's easy to imagine a thing like that happening. Smacks of a certain arrogance ('I'm bigger and tougher than you so what are you going to do about it?') not unheard of among young males especially if out drinking together.
Excellent opportunity for some serious lessons to be learned without any serious damage having been done. Here's hoping, anyhow.

Brissie Kid

Oh, but that was some totally legal tobacco product he was snorting, didn’t you hear?

Funny how it’s never drugs going up the nose, it’s always some obscure, totally legal, product, or Wizz Fizz, or chalk...it’s unthinkable that a young, cashed-up footy player would be doing drugs! Heavens, no! @:eek:
They also completely ignored that it was demeaning to women, no matter what the product being sniffed was. Even sniffing holy water would have got a NRL player suspended for having his nose in that place.

MightyEagles

He did say he wouldn't name the player because it's not his go. So having said that we can rule out the following
Jorge
Walker
AFB
Fainu

Ranga

Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I didn’t deem it worthy of a new thread, so thought I would lump a gripe with Foxsports in with this DT thread....

How on bloody earth does foxsports.com.au justify publishing gossip stories about Sam Burgess and his wife breaking up/getting back together? Are they that hard pressed for content? I just don’t think that players’ personal lives should be reported on, even more so in the bloody sports pages.

cava2323

Quite possibly. It’s everwhere down there. Go have a look one day!

Attachments

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom