• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In a results driven business the value of a player is not their salary but if they win or lose.
Cade was winning so tuff call to drop him and leave Croaker on.

Anyone know if in Cust’s 13 first grade games if any had TomT in them?Because whilst Walker played well prior to being injured,he was helped by Tom’s form
Great point.
Much easier to score points with Turbo in your team.

Only thing I can think of is that Des doesn't want Dylan signing with dogs and so plays him at 6 as a sign of his love for Dylan. Cust is great at 6 and should be there this week.

In a results driven business the value of a player is not their salary but if they win or lose.
Cade was winning so tuff call to drop him and leave Croaker on.
I dont get it either but either am I a qualified proven head coach
There must be a some logical reason behind this move
Des believes in the team he has chosen to beat the Panthers
Lets wait and see . I believe we will win

I'm not really surprised Walker came straight back in, although I thought Croker dropping out was more likely.
However, the standard has been set, so both Walker and Croker know they have to perform tonight.

Jamie Lyon was a player an order above what we have now even back then. That's why we were so anxious to get him. Remember we got him after his outstanding performances in the UK that stamped him a champion well before he arrived at Manly. Jamie was always a class act with skills I wish several players we now have, exhibited.

Agree...but Des must see something in walker as a 6

My guess is cade has quietly objected to playing in the middle, saying he is a 6/7 - his negotiating hand for contract extension. He's definitely confident in his abilities (and rightly so), he's young and reminds me a little of DCE in his early days (i would bet his family/management/matty johns are in his ear)... purely speculating here

Do you think that Cust's manager may have been pushing for an upgrade so Des has put him in his place by showing he is a depth player only... for now. Once Cust has officially signed on a "depth player" contract then Des can play him at 5/8 at a bargain price. Probably reading too much into it but who knows

Do you think that Cust's manager may have been pushing for an upgrade so Des has put him in his place by showing he is a depth player only... for now. Once Cust has officially signed on a "depth player" contract then Des can play him at 5/8 at a bargain price. Probably reading too much into it but who knows
I tend to agree. Maybe he's placing a higher value on his asking price given recent form and Des wants to bring him back to earth during the negotiations. Who knows? But on form alone he should be playing 5/8 regardless of Walks coming back from injury. He's definitely a more natural 6 than Walker. Let's hope Walker proves us all wrong.

Do you think that Cust's manager may have been pushing for an upgrade so Des has put him in his place by showing he is a depth player only... for now.
I don't know how that can be if, as reported, Cust has agreed to the terms of the proposed contract. If the contract is for depth money Cust would not have agreed to it if he is not happy. Surely "agreeing to the terms of contract" means both he and manager have agreed.

What is hard to understand is during the recent 3 weeks in a row of losses and we cried out for change, he stuck with the tried and tested and when the team got it right over the last 2 games he now drops a player who played an integral part of that recent success. I know Dylan is his first choice and would want him to play but to leave the boy totally out does not make one bit of sense.
Dare I say it DCE looked more composed and himself with cust in At 6.

only if cust is injured could I warrant dropping him.

I tend to agree. Maybe he's placing a higher value on his asking price given recent form and Des wants to bring him back to earth during the negotiations. Who knows? But on form alone he should be playing 5/8 regardless of Walks coming back from injury. He's definitely a more natural 6 than Walker. Let's hope Walker proves us all wrong.
The thing is Walker does do the job at 5/8 but he does a better job in the centres
The thing is he is the most celebrated , experienced and dynamic centre in our club
That is the way I see it

anyone know if theres any news re cust axe? Is it injury? Can't imagine it would be a small injury / rest when playing the top of the ladder team...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4