• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ve heard Cust got a bit big for his boots last year at one stage and people weren’t warming to it. He’s obviously talented. Walker was playing pretty damn good before his injury.

Completely agree in regards to Walker.

There have been several games this year where he has been one of our best before his injury (Roosters, Parramatta etc).

Cust has played well the last two weeks but prior to that during the series of loses we had, people were happy to bag him and Croker.

Dylan was always going to come back into the 6 jersey.

Sorry to hear that as I don't see him as our long-term 6. Is Cust warming the seat for Schuster?

If I were Cust after DCE and Des's comments this week I would be looking for greener pastures.
Maybe that's why he hasn't put pen to paper, and maybe the club is happy for him to do it if he doesn't want to be a seat-warmer.

Thanks for your service Cade.

There have been several games this year where he has been one of our best before his injury (Roosters, Parramatta etc).

Cust has played well the last two weeks but prior to that during the series of loses we had, people were happy to bag him and Croker.

Yeah against the toughest sides in the comp we should have been top of the table after 6 weeks with Walker there

They are slightly different styles of 5/8 too which surprises me. Cust the stronger running game surprisingly but his passing game is very average, Walker has good subtlety with his passing game which is often overlooked, no better example probably than Brad Parker, with Walker playing we see him getting good ball into space and poking through the line, with Cust he hasn’t seen any open pasture

Cust has improved ten fold this year though, especially with his kicking which was woeful last season

Yeah against the toughest sides in the comp we should have been top of the table after 6 weeks with Walker there

They are slightly different styles of 5/8 too which surprises me. Cust the stronger running game surprisingly but his passing game is very average, Walker has good subtlety with his passing game which is often overlooked, no better example probably than Brad Parker, with Walker playing we see him getting good ball into space and poking through the line, with Cust he hasn’t seen any open pasture

Cust has improved ten fold this year though, especially with his kicking which was woeful last season
Parker hitting open pasture as you say was mainly due to turbo but walks did have a part to play sure. Since turbo injury taufua has also been non existent

DCE 's comments earlier about Walker being our #1 choice 6 and it being great that Cust offers depth really bothers me. It was really weird. Did Des say something similar how Cust is good depth for us to have in last week's presser after Cust's MOM performance? I can't recall captain and coach publicly saying something like this before. No mention of Cust's injury in the weekly physio rundown.
There is something we don't know and I smell something resembling anchovies.

Is there something deeper going on here? Has he been offered a 2 year extension solely as intended backup? Is Walker really slated as our long-term 6?

Pick the bones out of that lot.
Agreed. Was really really strange the “Cade is great depth to have in the halves, he would be great at another club” comment was really weird. Can someone explain that to me? Could be jumping to conclusions.

Agreed. Was really really strange the “Cade is great depth to have in the halves, he would be great at another club” comment was really weird. Can someone explain that to me? Could be jumping to conclusions.

My interpretation of DCE’s comment is a compliment.

DCE is well within his right to say/believe Walker is our first choice 5/8.

He is complementing our depth within the club saying Cust would be a starting 5/8 anywhere else if he wasn’t playing for Manly.

Des is losing it you won’t when comps being conservative. There issues we are seeing identical to what happened at end of his days at dogs.
Apart from anything else walker not a half is that simply been proven many a time. He won’t take ball to the line like cust

I do not understand why you would change a formula that has worked for the last 2 games. Surely minimum is that Cust is on the bench to cover our halves and hooker and he is a much better option than Croker.

I wonder if its a discipline thing as last week Des went out of his way to praise Cust after our win against the Cows.

Dylan will be a great addition and Des persists with him at 5/8. We lack strike out wide and Dylan can give us some of that and I hope it works otherwise some serious questions will be asked of Des!

I do not understand why you would change a formula that has worked for the last 2 games. Surely minimum is that Cust is on the bench to cover our halves and hooker and he is a much better option than Croker.

I wonder if its a discipline thing as last week Des went out of his way to praise Cust after our win against the Cows.

Dylan will be a great addition and Des persists with him at 5/8. We lack strike out wide and Dylan can give us some of that and I hope it works otherwise some serious questions will be asked of Des!
will know in a few hours whether or not des is proven right, i have a bad feeling this decision is going to backfire on us tonight, was confident all week then des changes things and not so much now

will know in a few hours whether or not des is proven right, i have a bad feeling this decision is going to backfire on us tonight, was confident all week then des changes things and not so much now
I’m of the same belief and with the Tigers going down and Sharks and Rabbits winning,its even more vital/advantageous for them to win tonight

What is hard to understand is during the recent 3 weeks in a row of losses and we cried out for change, he stuck with the tried and tested and when the team got it right over the last 2 games he now drops a player who played an integral part of that recent success. I know Dylan is his first choice and would want him to play but to leave the boy totally out does not make one bit of sense.

DCE 's comments earlier about Walker being our #1 choice 6 and it being great that Cust offers depth really bothers me. It was really weird. Did Des say something similar how Cust is good depth for us to have in last week's presser after Cust's MOM performance? I can't recall captain and coach publicly saying something like this before. No mention of Cust's injury in the weekly physio rundown.
There is something we don't know and I smell something resembling anchovies.

Is there something deeper going on here? Has he been offered a 2 year extension solely as intended backup? Is Walker really slated as our long-term 6?

Pick the bones out of that lot.
Walker is first choice 5/8, so if fit would naturally go back to starting. DCE comments were more indicating he values Walker being on the field and if fit naturally come straight back in, but still need great players in the squad like Cust. You need a squad of good players, not just 17. Cust will still see plenty of game time moving forward. Can always sub for hooker as well.

But if Cust stays as 6, then Walker to centre - then you have to drop Parker, so tough on him to I guess

And you have to remember also cust was the 7 who lead our nyc team to victory in 2017 on grand final day.
Always thought he was our future 6, just needed some time to prove himself in first grade.
He was MOM in the final as well.

Walker is the better footballer, Cust is a fantastic depth half but at full strength he's our #14 at best. Only way to fit him in is to drop Parker or Suli but the squad hasn't been training for that

The problem though is that even when walker is clearly the best performing player in our half pairing in a game the pairing lacks cohesion and our attack is staggered. He is a great individual player but the whole is more important than the parts and with dce and cust over last few weeks we've actually been throwing some attacking plays and good short kicks/pressure building kicks.

I'm fine with Walker being back in the side but I think Cust has to make it back into that 6 next week. Maybe he is just injured. Walker vs Croker for 14 or Walker vs Garrick/Jorge (with Suli to wing, Walker centre)

In terms of cohesion and balance*, 1. Brendon Elliott, 2. Moses Suli, 3. Dylan Walker, 4. Brad Parker, 5. Reuben Garrick, 6. Cade Cust, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans.... 14. Lachlan Croker

If Trbo comes back soon I'd be happy to shift trbo to centre/wing for a few weeks to ease the workload, Elliott is very reliable and smooth and has continually improved his positioning, trbo is worth every cent no matter where you put him (so long as he can stay fit).

* (!!!)

The problem though is that even when walker is clearly the best performing player in our half pairing in a game the pairing lacks cohesion and our attack is staggered. He is a great individual player but the whole is more important than the parts and with dce and cust over last few weeks we've actually been throwing some attacking plays and good short kicks/pressure building kicks.

I'm fine with Walker being back in the side but I think Cust has to make it back into that 6 next week. Maybe he is just injured. Walker vs Croker for 14 or Walker vs Garrick/Jorge (with Suli to wing, Walker centre)

In terms of cohesion and balance*, 1. Brendon Elliott, 2. Moses Suli, 3. Dylan Walker, 4. Brad Parker, 5. Reuben Garrick, 6. Cade Cust, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans.... 14. Lachlan Croker

If Trbo comes back soon I'd be happy to shift trbo to centre/wing for a few weeks to ease the workload, Elliott is very reliable and smooth and has continually improved his positioning, trbo is worth every cent no matter where you put him (so long as he can stay fit).

* (!!!)
I like Walker at 6 - except for one glaring negative. He does not kick, at all! Cust kicking the last couple of weeks has been huge

When we win today we will all see more clearly what the great and proven Des sees

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8