• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cust ain't no star BUT he had real intent yesterday and his energy and enthusiasm turned our listless attack around at times. Yes that pass was an all time horror BUT love the way he bounced back and decided to take the bull by the horns afterwards and quit the finesse and just ran hard.

Croker has had way to many chances for me and really struggles with the physical side of the game in my eyes. Yes Levi is not setting the world on fire and we need a back up hooker on the bench which Croker can do OK BUT to me its Cust as our number 14.
I believe he is a star in the making.. He has a played what? 9 games of FG? Has scored 5 times in limited game time. Has set up a few as well. Des needs to roll with him this year give him the opportunity to take his future I'm his own hands. If he plays well he is our 6 moving forward if not were no worse then where were at currently

Sign him up first. Then give him the 6.
Crokers our best 9 IMO.
Can Schuster play fullback by any chance?
Why has the PNG 9 not got a run? I assume he is not fit enough because he sure looked like a lively player in the games I have seen him and that speed around the ruck and a 9 that can run to the line b4 passing is something that is obviously lacking for us atm... we look like we play in slow motion a lot of the time...

Why has the PNG 9 not got a run? I assume he is not fit enough because he sure looked like a lively player in the games I have seen him and that speed around the ruck and a 9 that can run to the line b4 passing is something that is obviously lacking for us atm... we look like we play in slow motion a lot of the time...
Went back to PNG obviously didn't make the cut with c19 n all

Deserves his own thread. I've always been impressed by him and have wanted him in the team all season. Is he the answer? Definitely until Walker is back and then Des will have a decision to make depending on Cust's form. I for one am hoping he will take this chance and make the position his own. All this talk about Burton/Foran etc... Maybe we already have the answer in Cust, he seemed to gel well with Chez and had a couple nice short kicks. Remember he is still a rookie, he will only get better. The best thing about him is he is always scheming, he's always keeping the defence guessing which also keeps the pressure off Chez. Fainu and Cust won U20's comp together and could be the combination we are looking for. Also impressed by Funa again, with Hoppa and Schuster still coming through, maybe we don't really need to buy much. Garrick will only get better as a back up fullback. Add Walker, Fainu, Turbo and an older Schuster to that side and we win that game easy.

Cust is the go for now. Really interesting that you mention his combination with Fainu as who we have playing dummy half is crucial to the players we need in the halves, if we have a player like Fainu who is able to control a game, can kick out of dummy half, can get into first receiver before a big swing and knows when to run at tired defenders we are able to play a player like Cust whose short side game I rate in particular very highly. If we are stuck with a player like Levi however, I think a player like Burton who can organise a game would have won us that game yesterday. Chez is a great player and I am not blaming him for yesterday's loss but a real game manager in the halves or a hooker with the qualities I mentioned earlier wins that game yesterday.

Cust is the go for now. Really interesting that you mention his combination with Fainu as who we have playing dummy half is crucial to the players we need in the halves, if we have a player like Fainu who is able to control a game, can kick out of dummy half, can get into first receiver before a big swing and knows when to run at tired defenders we are able to play a player like Cust whose short side game I rate in particular very highly. If we are stuck with a player like Levi however, I think a player like Burton who can organise a game would have won us that game yesterday. Chez is a great player and I am not blaming him for yesterday's loss but a real game manager in the halves or a hooker with the qualities I mentioned earlier wins that game yesterday.
I think a spine of Fainu Chez Cust and Turbo would considered a top 4 spine in the comp. I also believe it is a nice combination that compliment each other nicely. Add to this the emergence of Funa, Schuster and Hoppa I'm not sure we really need to buy much.
My backline for later in the year and next year barring any new signings.
Fullback: Turbo
Left edge: Parker Garrick
Right edge: Walker Suli.
Halves: Chez and Cust
I have Suli moved to right wing and Garrick to left wing and Walker to right centre. Suli has an awesome left Palm and would suit right wing and would be a damaging Sivo type winger. I think this is the most potent attacking backline we can come up with.
Funa, Taufua, Hoppa as depth.
Next year Harper replaces Elliott as extra depth.

I hope he gets a run this week, the last 2 weeks haven't worked with Croker at 6 so a change is needed. Also better to give DCE and Cust a run together this week against the Dragons before we play Parra.

Like everyone has suggested:

Cust to 6
Croker to 14 to interchange with Levi

Cust is ok but no saviour. Passing is deplorable. How anyone who has been playing for as long as he has cannot pass better than what he has shown in the past 2 years is beyond me. Long kicking equally poor. I wish him well and hope he is some form of miracle worker but not seeing it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4