Curtis Sironen & Dean Whare to Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wasn't Siro Mk.II talked about as a possible Origin player this year, at least before the season started.

Though I guess that puts him in a rather large group that gets talked about as possibles but rarely make the step up.

I actually watched him very closely when the first rumours surfaced about us being interested in him. He played a good game that day - ran hard, ball-played a bit, long minutes. Dunno if that is standard from him, or he was fired up 'cos of the rumours (i.e had a point to prove). But if it was any indication, I'd be happy to have him join us.

Yup I think the ratio of 'players with potential' who actually go on and be established good 1st graders would be about 1 in 5 tops. Not a great method of recruitment to try to achieve some success imo

5h1t with that ratio we are bound to of picked up 2 good players for next season, just need to sign 50 more players and we have our full 17 playing squad.

Siro just dosent play the same like he used too.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The great Bozo loved Sironen snr. He was the first forward picked for NSW and Australia because he was big and that's what Bozo wants. This would be all to do with the relationship between Bozo and his dad. Same with Bozo and Hoppa, Bozo and Lussick etc etc

The great Bozo loved Sironen snr. He was the first forward picked for NSW and Australia because he was big and that's what Bozo wants. This would be all to do with the relationship between Bozo and his dad. Same with Bozo and Hoppa, Bozo and Lussick etc etc
100% correct. Jobs for the boys. And mates boys. Just not boys who have played for our club forever.

But Curtis can be of value. 2 or 3 years ago he was what Bryce Cartwright was this year. Half way there, to being the next biggest thing.

If he's cheap now even better.

A bit like Uate, in a different setting.

With a point to prove.

The first year at least should be amazing.

I wouldn't mind this signing. He is young, talented and has nowhere near reached his potential. He is big with a hard nose and can ball play but never been consistent enough. He is exactly in the same boat as cartright was a couple of years ago.

If we can get the best out of him could be a very astute signing. He is young and would be cheap and could turn out to be great. I would rather Manly go after cheaper young players with potential that doesn't break the bank then paying overs for players like myles and brown who have been very underwhelming and expensive.

We do need someone to step up for that vacant second row position. We don't want Brown player there! Yes, buhrer was a fine player, but not an x factor type player that manly need in that back row.

I wouldn't mind this signing. He is young, talented and has nowhere near reached his potential. He is big with a hard nose and can ball play but never been consistent enough. He is exactly in the same boat as cartright was a couple of years ago.

If we can get the best out of him could be a very astute signing. He is young and would be cheap and could turn out to be great. I would rather Manly go after cheaper young players with potential that doesn't break the bank then paying overs for players like myles and brown who have been very underwhelming and expensive.

We do need someone to step up for that vacant second row position. We don't want Brown player there! Yes, buhrer was a fine player, but not an x factor type player that manly need in that back row.
I'd feel better about these young kids with potential coming to us if I had faith in the coaching staff to actually develop them but agree - big coin for old doods setting up their super funds is not the way to go.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6