Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bryce Cartwright agrees to flu shot hahaha the rest will follow suit. Anyone have an update on our boys?

They’ll all follow suit ( and did so as soon as they announced “ no jab no pay” ), in essence they’ve folded like a deck of cards.

That is unless Interwebby Shanelle ( credit to @Woodsie for this name) can get them to all go on strike.

Who says they don't have the right to publicly express an opinion? You? Walker didn't shoot his mouth off, he made a statement.I haven't read or heard anyone say anything adverse about the club?

You really like to cherry pick and misinterpret peoples posts so you can carry on buddy.

The players disputing the jab are inherently bringing undue publicity to their clubs.

I did not single out any player specifically but Manly is a media target so our players need to especially careful.

If you don't think Walker's pic in our jersey of being their poster boy for "stupidity" a few days ago is not "adverse publicity" then you don't know what is.

My only point is these guys are welcome to make a choice and sit out sans pay until restrictions are relaxed.

They will ALL end up getting the jab so they can get paid.
All they have effectively done is bring undue attention to the game, their clubs and themselves.

You really like to cherry pick and misinterpret peoples posts so you can carry on buddy.

The players disputing the jab are inherently bringing undue publicity to their clubs.

I did not single out any player specifically but Manly is a media target so our players need to especially careful.

If you don't think Walker's pic in our jersey of being their poster boy for "stupidity" a few days ago is not "adverse publicity" then you don't know what is.

My only point is these guys are welcome to make a choice and sit out sans pay until restrictions are relaxed.

All they have effectively done is bring undue attention to the game, their clubs and themselves.
ps The smh ran a story today about the 1 ref thing and illustrated it with AFB getting 10 in the bin by a ref. The media will choose manly every time to highlight a negative.

ps The smh ran a story today about the 1 ref thing and illustrated it with AFB getting 10 in the bin by a ref. The media will choose manly every time to highlight a negative.
DT website had him wearing a mask
Screenshot_20200514-175610_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ummmm not cherry picking as you call it at all mate. Just responding you your posts as you are mine. You have your opinion I have mine.....at the end of the day I’ll support Manly & whoever pulls on the jersey!

Nup, it’s off again as our very own Plucka Duck has given Brycie an exemption , all is good in Interwebby Shanelles world.

“Bryce Cartwright provided the club with medical documentation seeking an exemption from the influenza vaccine protocol,” a club statement read. “This was subsequently passed on to Queensland’s chief medical officer Jeannette Young for review.

“Dr Young has granted Cartwright an exemption based on medical grounds. Cartwright is now eligible to return to training with the playing squad in preparation for the season restart.”

fmd - I'd love to know what that "reason" was. Doctors like to enjoy their rarefied air of protected god like status and that they should never be questioned but they are as full of crap as the rest of us.

I give you the watmough and burgess exemptions as proof, adding to it skase's doc, bond's doc, and now cartwright's doc as exhibits.

On the plus side for the rest of the nrl... titans now have cartwright playing for them. Non tackling cat.

edit: Ah, the old "I had a bad reaction" once reason. Well, I guess all the others need to get on that reason train, get exemptions and away we go!

from news.com

In a desperate attempt to save his NRL career, Cartwright claimed a past bad reaction to a vaccine was grounds for medical exemption.

Last edited:
Interwebby Shanelle now blasting all the other players for not supporting her Brycie, she’s certainly milking it for every bit of fame she can get isn’t she??

So the QLD chief of health has now set a precedent on flu jab exemptions which should not be too hard to replicate for Walker and A F B and for whatever number of times Manly will play in Queensland in the revised draw . .

Does anybody know what the status is with our own home grown pair of numbnuts .. Walker and AFB .....
May 21 2020 - 2:21PM
Hasler hopeful Qld vaccine stance changes
  • Scott Bailey

Manly coach Des Hasler hopes Queensland's policy on flu jabs changes before his team plays there.

Manly coach Des Hasler hopes Queensland's policy on flu jabs changes before his team plays there.

Manly coach Des Hasler is hopeful any non-vaccinated players will be able to play in Queensland by the time his team gets there in two months.
The NRL's revised draw has done a good job of keeping the controversial issue at bay, allowing for a possible change of state goverment policy if coronavirus restrictions continue to ease.

Manly are likely to be the first team with top-line players who have refused the flu shot on non-medical grounds to play in Queensland when they face North Queensland in Townsville.
But the good news for the Sea Eagles is that match isn't until July 24 and it's their only visit to the Sunshine State.

Under Queensland government restrictions, players who have rejected the flu jab without a medical exemption are unable to train or play in the state.
The Sea Eagles are believed have two such players, with Dylan Walker and Addin Fonua-Blake both initially opting against being vaccinated.
"I think as we get into the season the status might change," Hasler said of the government restrictions.
"It's still a tough game, travelling to Townsville."
Either way, Hasler said he was not concerned about the matter.
Canberra follow the Sea Eagles to Townsville the following week, before returning for a clash with Gold Coast on August 22.
The Raiders have Josh Papalii, Joseph Tapine and Sia Soliola in their squad who refused the vaccine earlier this month.
Canterbury hooker Sione Katoa also opposed vaccination and his team face Brisbane on July 11 in their only trip to the state.
Katoa however was not part of the Bulldogs' first-choice 17 for the opening two rounds.
Under the current status, the NRL say they would abide by the Queensland government's rule for such players not to play or train in the state.
Gold Coast avoided an issue last week when Bryce Cartwright got a medical exemption to having the needle, while Brian Kelly eventually relented and got his jab.
It is questionable if either of the pair will be in the Titans' team to face North Queensland when the game returns next weekend, after missing a week of training.
Australian Associated Press

I saw amazing story on a facebook. It was an interview Mat Rogers did for Ch 9. When his son was diagnosed with autism he investigated the possible cause. I think he started out thinking that have his son vaccinated was a contributing factor. In the end, having seen alot info on the subject came to the belief that vaccination had nothing to do with it.

He was outspoken on those reluctant to be vaccinated saying they are employees and should realise sometimes you have to do what the employers says or move on.

Worth watching.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4