Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Bryce Cartwright has refused to get a flu vaccine because his wife .. (known on the interwebby as Karen) ... has convinced him of the dangers of vaccines by showing him internet videos ....

As part of the Covid strategy all players were ordered to get the flu shot as the double dose of flu and Carona is seen to be much worse ...

dear bryce ... your Donner Kruger membership application is in the mail .. however you have been preapproved ...

Probably should be expected to be mandatory to get the flu shot for current N R L players if the directive has been made with the credible medical advice and for the best interests of getting the comp going again . Not a good look for Bryce if the reports are correct in his reasons for not preferring to receive the shot . Personally for the general public and in normal circumstances think that it should be optional and an always individual choice . Personally but not for any particular ethical reasons or whatever have never had a flu shot and all things normal with my own health outlook never intend to . Again however should be some type of an obligation for present N R L players to comply with and in their present circumstances .

Bryce Cartwright has refused to get a flu vaccine because his wife .. (known on the interwebby as Karen) ... has convinced him of the dangers of vaccines by showing him internet videos ....

As part of the Covid strategy all players were ordered to get the flu shot as the double dose of flu and Carona is seen to be much worse ...

dear bryce ... your Donner Kruger membership application is in the mail .. however you have been preapproved ...
Maybe you should do some research that is backing his decision. I certainly wouldn't be getting a flew shot, nor my family. Most people who get the flew shot (last year's strain) get the flew.

Just to balance the argument, and this is a genuine question: how come it is going to take them one to two years to develop a vaccine for Covid, but they have flu viruses ready and waiting on the shelves before the flu season starts each year ? It's not the same flu every year, and if some people are to be believed, Covid is nothing much more than a seasonal flu (albeit a pretty bad one).

Just to balance the argument, and this is a genuine question: how come it is going to take them one to two years to develop a vaccine for Covid, but they have flu viruses ready and waiting on the shelves before the flu season starts each year ? It's not the same flu every year, and if some people are to be believed, Covid is nothing much more than a seasonal flu (albeit a pretty bad one).
Because, although it presents similar symptoms to influenza, Corona viruses don't look or behave the same way as an influenza virus. Vaccines work by giving our own immune system the ability to recognize and then attack virus which enter our body. So, immunologists need to find a way to present that information into the body in a way that is safe. Unfortunately, just because we learnt how to vaccinate for one type of virus does not mean that we can then easily produce one for another and some vaccines are far more effective than others. We were (almost) able to eradicate polio but viruses such as influenza can only be given a level of protection and need to be continuously updated to keep up with the latest strains.
Researchers have actually been working on Corona virus vaccines for a very long time but it's only now that there is a real sense of urgency and funding.

Maybe you should do some research that is backing his decision. I certainly wouldn't be getting a flew shot, nor my family. Most people who get the flew shot (last year's strain) get the flew.

No thanks ... an uneducated dope like me doing his own internet research is the whole problem ... in my naive ignorance ... I am prepared to take at face value the research and findings of every Country in the World's Medical dept's ..... unless you can point them to an article from Karen they might have missed ...

Please post some of your "evidence" on this claim......I think we could all do with a good laugh @:D
I'll give you something to think about muzz. The highest rate of anti vaxers in Australia live in the manly and mosman area. Now id say that would be the majority of the sea eagles catchment area. I'd like to think us sea eagles tragics are well educated, healthy and live a good life. Anyway this virus and the fact that we have had success with controlling it may have something to do with our outdoor opportunities that other countries don't have.
Further to this, there would be over a thousand locals exercising on manly beach every morning, using our natural facilities, I would be confident to say the majority are healthy and would fight bugs pretty well

I'll give you something to think about muzz. The highest rate of anti vaxers in Australia live in the manly and mosman area. Now id say that would be the majority of the sea eagles catchment area. I'd like to think us sea eagles tragics are well educated, healthy and live a good life. Anyway this virus and the fact that we have had success with controlling it may have something to do with our outdoor opportunities that other countries don't have.
Further to this, there would be over a thousand locals exercising on manly beach every morning, using our natural facilities, I would be confident to say the majority are healthy and would fight bugs pretty well
Yet they, and you cannot provide evidence to support your claim.
I've also lived in part of Northern NSW that would likely have one the highest anti vaxxer rates and would argue the overwhelming majority of those people were not well educated or well informed.

Just guessing .. I have no facts ... but I think viruses ain't viruses ... they all differ ... it's why some flus are more resistant than others and they develop vaccines for specific strains each year ... now the Covid 19 didn't exist until a couple of months ago so no research could have been possible. nor the money required to develop a vaccine ... it was a virus strain as yet unknown ..

Also a fair amount of the time in rolling out a vaccine or cure once developed is the length of time it takes to get all the trials and approvals through the authorities safety regulations ...

Just my thoughts

Yet they, and you cannot provide evidence to support your claim.
I've also lived in part of Northern NSW that would likely have one the highest anti vaxxer rates and would argue the overwhelming majority of those people were not well educated or well informed.
I could provide evidence, however prefer to have a bit debate on here. I may have thought the same as many years ago and got flew shots, however chose to look at the other side of the debate.
Come to think of it, I've never had a flew shot, don't like needles

I'll give you something to think about muzz. The highest rate of anti vaxers in Australia live in the manly and mosman area. Now id say that would be the majority of the sea eagles catchment area. I'd like to think us sea eagles tragics are well educated, healthy and live a good life

Not quite true Shorky .. Northern Beaches vaccination rates are 88.3% ... some areas like mullimbimby and Bryon are as low as 70% ... however this rate jumped remarkably to 80% when they had there child allowance welfare threatened ...

So you can safely say that 88.3% of our wonderful Sea Eagles are well educated and healthy .. but this is only 2.2 % lower than the state average of 90,5%

However, the Northern Sydney Local Health District (LHD) — which covered the wealthier suburbs including Manly, Mosman, Killara and Palm Beach — recorded a full immunisation rate of 88.3 per cent among infants aged 24 months, lower than the state average of 90.5 per cent.

As an aside ... The National average of immunisation is in fact 94% .. one of the highest in the world which is why those not immunised get away with it ....

I would have faith that those in high medical position and proven backgrounds, would be trusted in this situation if requiring to take this "Flu shot" prior to the continued 2020 competition.
If Cartwrong wants to rebel, that is fine, but cya later for 2020 and take Addo Carr, Mitchell and Cleary with ya....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4