CRUSHER

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Question guys - Do you think it would have been Crusher who attained Orford / Bell.

It generally seems to be Cummings/player manager/Des who holds the discussions with the BIG names.

If that's the case, who has Crusher got us?

Alberts - Good
Witt - not in 1st grade?
Kane Cleal - not in 1st grade?

I don't consider this depth at ALL.

Why did Parra get rid of him?

Give him time. We dont really have the junior system to bring in the big guns as consistantly as Parra. I heard a while back that the only people allowed to talk on player negotiations was Des, Cumming and Crusher. Pretty sure this was something in relation to a zorba problem.

I think he has done extreemly well in just bringing Alberts. He for mine has answered the big question of who will be bells centre pairing next season. He is a great player with plenty of potential and is already starting to show it.

Flip - Alberts has won one game in 7 starts. Not too positive for the poor bloke.

Ryan, wrong question and too early.

Crusher is responsible for spotting, recruiting and developing young talent though I am sure he is involved with retention and signing of NRL standard players as well.

Crusher has a network of talent scouts who scour the countryside for good young talent. I know of several young players who have induced to come and play in junior teams for Manly in the past two seasons.

The Manly SG Ball team was close to winning the comp and now most of that team of 16/17 yr olds is running around in Flegg against guys 2 to 3 yrs older.

These young guys are identified, developed and a few of them will develop into top grade footballers, either here or elsewhere. It is a hit and miss project, not every young potential star turns out to be the goods and it TAKES TIME.

We have to be patient on this one. Footballing success can't be just bought instantaneously and has to be developed with all facets of a club in good working order.

Recruitment, Development, Administration, Retention, Administration, Training, Medical, Media, Fitness etc are all essential.

From where we were a few years ago we are doing very well but it is going to take a while yet and most supporters know this.

Young players have to be nurtured gently and brought along at the right pace. Players like Cuthbertson, Ballin and co should be future stars and I am sure there are some other young players in the wing who will emerge in years to come. We can't just go out and buy 20 NRL stars but judicious purchase of a Kennedy and an Orford combined with emerging talent will see us slowly climb back to the top.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Give the boy some time and a Kosef or Lyon may emerge and do us all well. It is worth noting that Jamie Lyon and Nik Kosef were both recruited at around 15, came to the city and then were developed through Ball and Flegg. They didn't hit the big time for nearly five years.

agree, Mata/CW . Too early to call, remember this club as it stands now is only 1 and a half seasons old. I think recruitment at the top end has been outstanding ( raiders reserve grade has struggled ever since !! hehehe 8D 8D )

the younger blokes will need time to develop.

c_eagle. no disrespect to you champ, but if you want to personally have a go here, go away dude. this site was created to have a respectful debate about things. i'm starting to get tired of your innane attempts at personal slander.

you are very bright, i can see that. mum & dads money made it that way for you. but your obviously not street smart. i know i revisit this with you time & time again, but isn't it funny that no matter where you post, it's the same thing?

you seem to think that because mum & dad bought you a potential degree, you have something we don't. incorrect. we have done that as well. independantly though.

you called me the stupidest person alive after last weeks loss. probably on a keyboard mum bought for you, on their computer, using their phone line.

take a step back, look in the mirror, and ask yourself, what is the meaning of life.

i'm awaiting a response from yourself & CC Eagle as we speak.

I didn't think soccer was such a sore point with you, were you last picked in PE?

I actually typed it on a University keyboard and since I'm a HECS student, it's actually your hard earned dosh that allowed me to type it. Amusing.

I didn't read CW's post in this thread and I'm certain that he's covered all the ground that there is to cover on this topic but if you still have any doubts about Crusher's potential influence, I have 4 words for you. Jamie Tim Lyon Smith.

Daniel told me that the meaning of life is 42 and I've got no reason to doubt him.

And the little shadow flocks...

Actually c_eagle..I was generally picked 1st due to my competative spirit.

By the way champ, with my accounting background, I have enough nouse to make sure you get MINIMAL to NIL benefits from my coffers. You have to be clinical with these things you know. Trust me, I don't suppliment your welfare income.

Imagine the means test for your type of welfare was independence & streetwise...You'd have a HECS debt the rest of your life.

Ooops...HECS debt...Hmmm...Doesn't this mean you will have to pay back ALL your little welfare payments when or IF you actually get out in the big bad REAL world? Interesting. Maybe then I could get some of my cash back from you that you have borrowed....unless...and I'm sure this could be a real posibility:-

Mum & Dad have paid for the whole joyful experience.

I am eagerly awaiting your reply with baited breath.

I have been known to count beers. I'm just a lowly paid (be quiet Dan) Personal Banker. Not an accountant at all, but I AM utilised by my friends around June 30, as I am the MASTER of theshhold.

Actually c_eagle..I was generally picked 1st due to my competative spirit.

Congrats

By the way champ, with my accounting background, I have enough nouse to make sure you get MINIMAL to NIL benefits from my coffers. You have to be clinical with these things you know.

So you don't pay any Federal taxes? How exactly do you manage to delegate where your tax money goes?

Imagine the means test for your type of welfare was independence & streetwise...You'd have a HECS debt the rest of your life.

Lets hold hands and imagine. You sure do spend a lot of time defending and explaining yourself to the dependent and street dumb.

Ooops...HECS debt...Hmmm...Doesn't this mean you will have to pay back ALL your little welfare payments when or IF you actually get out in the big bad REAL world? Interesting. Maybe then I could get some of my cash back from you that you have borrowed....unless...and I'm sure this could be a real posibility:-

Mum & Dad have paid for the whole joyful experience.

cRyan, your attempts at being condescending are futile. Yes, I'm younger than you, that will never change. The fact is, it kills you that someone so much younger, insignificant, naive, etc. than you thinks your opinion is worthless. That will also never change.

Touche'.

No-one manages to delegate where their taxes go apart from the government champ. What we CAN do, is manage the AMOUNT of tax that IS paid to the government.

I'm guessing you aren't doing Economics?

I guess what you meant, is that I DON'T get to have a say on where THE GOVERNMENT decides on delegating where it's revenue goes. Revenue = credit, taxes = debit. Government doesn't delegate taxes, it delegates revenue created by the means of attaining tax dollars.

But in a way again, you are wrong. I get to vote. (That happens when you turn 18 matter of factly - so don't know if you have had the chance yet). I vote on the pretence that whoever I steer my vote to, will have the right systems in place to direct the "revenue" that government attains through my tax dollars into the right areas, such as "EDUCATION", which, I am starting to question in present company.

You described yourself as " so much younger, insignificant, naive, dependent & street dumb etc than me, and frankly, when you made a statement like "you are the stupidest person in the world 31/07/2005" to me, I would have to agree.

Prior to that day, I had an alternate opinion.

The fact that your debate degenerates as soon as you start name calling, suggests that you have a way to go to become streetwise. Abuse creates nothing, except threads like this. It is something attributed to other sites.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4